LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 170 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Hope he doesn't throw another INT the rest of the way.

hope we win two more games

why
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

why

Still the most underrated QB in the league.

oh well even montana threw a ton

Yeah all the crap Jimmy gets Joe outside of the SBs threw a ton of picks earlier in the playoffs. End of the day it's leading the team to a win and making enough plays to overcome the bad ones and then taking advantage of the big stage.

Hopefully Jimmy doesn't throw another pick but if he does...hopefully it's no harm no foul as we win.

Joe had 4 picks his first playoff run between the divisional and NFC Championship round
Joe had 5 picks during the 84 season in those two games.

And we had a few drops in this game which threw off his numbers from being better too. Hopefully Jimmy plays better and our receivers keep those hands consistent, consistently good that is.
Originally posted by genus49:
Yeah all the crap Jimmy gets Joe outside of the SBs threw a ton of picks earlier in the playoffs. End of the day it's leading the team to a win and making enough plays to overcome the bad ones and then taking advantage of the big stage.

Hopefully Jimmy doesn't throw another pick but if he does...hopefully it's no harm no foul as we win.

Joe had 4 picks his first playoff run between the divisional and NFC Championship round
Joe had 5 picks during the 84 season in those two games.

And we had a few drops in this game which threw off his numbers from being better too. Hopefully Jimmy plays better and our receivers keep those hands consistent, consistently good that is.

Joe threw what should have been an easy INT in the SB against the Bengals. It was just before he hit Taylor for the game winning TD. Joe had that same ability to shake off a bad throw and come back strong.

One thing to keep in mind about when Joe played. QB's could get hit a lot more and DB's were able to disrupt the routes a lot more than they are now. That probably resulted in more INT's in those days.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Joe threw what should have been an easy INT in the SB against the Bengals. It was just before he hit Taylor for the game winning TD. Joe had that same ability to shake off a bad throw and come back strong.

One thing to keep in mind about when Joe played. QB's could get hit a lot more and DB's were able to disrupt the routes a lot more than they are now. That probably resulted in more INT's in those days.

It's not even a question. Was a completely different game then in terms of the physical toll. Why all records and numbers from this era need a grain of salt.
The only thing I worried about is if Jimmy throws an interception early in the game that gives the Packers momentum but I'm pretty confident JH will perform either way
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

It's not even a question. Was a completely different game then in terms of the physical toll. Why all records and numbers from this era need a grain of salt.

It also boggles my mind Jerry Rice was so effective for so long in that era
i dont even care if Jimmy throws a pick.. hes shown he can bounce back, march down the field and score a TD right after.
This is true, and it's backed up by the numbers.

In 2019, 32 teams combined to throw 410 interceptions (0.8 interceptions per game).
In 1984, 28 teams combined to throw 584 interceptions (1.3 interceptions per game).

That's a pretty big dropoff -- almost 40%.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Thanos89:
Originally posted by thl408:
pancakin LBs diving head first for fumbles. That's our QB.

That LB was like "ah he a QB he ain't gonna be physical.......oh f**k me I'm on my ass hope I don't end up on come on man"

Pancaked by a QB Jimmy got that Old school mentality.

Jimmy was a LB before he was a QB.

Jimmy has a sizeable rump...more power in his legs and thrust than youd think.

Truth!

Harry Carson would never have been able to hit Joe that hard and we would have gone on to another SB title.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Truth!

Harry Carson would never have been able to hit Joe that hard and we would have gone on to another SB title.

leonard marshall

why

for s**ts and giggles
Originally posted by theduke85:
This is true, and it's backed up by the numbers.

In 2019, 32 teams combined to throw 410 interceptions (0.8 interceptions per game).
In 1984, 28 teams combined to throw 584 interceptions (1.3 interceptions per game).

That's a pretty big dropoff -- almost 40%.

Thanks for that stat. I was just speaking from memory. Good to know that at 73 my memory is still sharp. I'm guessing there is an equally big increase in completion percentage and QB rating.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 14, 2020 at 9:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone