LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 259 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I don't think that's in Kyle's philosophy in terms of being effective. Those are man on man zero coverage types of plays.

Also, I'm not talking about leading WRs. I'm talking about throwing them open on a lot of those deeper dig and out routes. He has been awesome at those. He was in the MIN game as well.

As for throwing a little behind, he's on more often than not so I let those pass. Also, sometimes, to a QB, those look like you might be setting your WR up to get hit so I can see a couple of them where he forced the WR to slow down.

Remember, that MIN D made Drew Brees look stupid.

It may not be Kyle's philosophy but I seem to recall Atlanta throwing deep when Kyle was there. Not a lot but enough to keep the defense honest. Right now we rarely throw deep sideline patterns. It's not a high percentage throw but sometimes it's necessary like late in a game when you're trying to comeback from a big deficit and need to score quickly. Jimmy's great at getting the ball out quickly and he's accurate on the short and intermediate stuff. I would just like to see the deep pattern added next year. Right now, his average pass is the shortest in the NFL. The good part is the average YAC is the highest.
Having Julio Jones may have had something to do with that.

Julio and Taylor Gabriel were huge reasons why you can constantly go deep. Hope we get a wr who can take the top off a d and can actually run routes in this coming draft, I dont want another goodwin
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

It's true. He is really good. We are lucky to have him. Jimmy G has played well.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Gonna be honest, I haven't really seen a QB this year, who plays within the system and throws darts on a consistent basis. Imo, the occasional picks will never stop as long as Jimmy is threading passes through keyholes, and with the types of throws that he makes, the margin of error is like splitting hairs that sometimes the defensive player will just make a great play on it. Ultimately, the only thing that matters to me is that Jimmy doesn't get rattled at all. Dude has supreme confidence in his game, not sure if it's something he learned from TB, but it's definitely ingrained in him.

i know man. well said. and he's just so cool and calm under pressure.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by Niners816:
Here you go....Kyle Shanahan's HAND PICKED QB

no that was hoyer

wE wErE tOlD

never will get old
Jimmy the "face" of the franchise or Bosa? Can we have co-faces? lol
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Julio and Taylor Gabriel were huge reasons why you can constantly go deep. Hope we get a wr who can take the top off a d and can actually run routes in this coming draft, I dont want another goodwin

You still need to throw the ball so they don't need to slow down and wait for the pass. Sanders and Goodwin have gotten deep and every time they do Jimmy has under thrown the ball. It's not the receivers not being able to get deep. It's putting the ball out in front of them instead of behind them.
i think Jimmy has another 10-20% still to improve, next season he'll be full Jedi.
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by BigBossBosa97:
Maybe that is why we haven't seen them. Not once this year have we been behind by a big deficit late in a game.

One reason is Jimmy G is great after something "bad" happens

They showed the stat during the game

After he throws an INT or the other team scores Jimmy G basically goes super hero mode on his next drive

The opposite of crumbling under pressure

He needs to do the super hero stuff pre interception.
Originally posted by babarvaart:
i think Jimmy has another 10-20% still to improve, next season he'll be full Jedi.

Exactly. I love the way Jimmy is playing now but I do see things he can improve. I want him to be a top 3 QB and be a guy that make every throw at any time. The only thing I don't think he can improve is his running. He just isn't very fast but that's okay. Brady and Peyton Manning did pretty good without being mobile.
Interesting:

Garoppolo has completed 72.7 percent of his passes with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions for a 115.7 passer rating when trailing this year.

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by babarvaart:

Exactly. I love the way Jimmy is playing now but I do see things he can improve. I want him to be a top 3 QB and be a guy that make every throw at any time. The only thing I don't think he can improve is his running. He just isn't very fast but that's okay. Brady and Peyton Manning did pretty good without being mobile.

I'd even go as far as to say that the second half of the season (against tougher opponents) was the Jimmy G that we should expect as the baseline going forward.

~4000yds ~30 TDs ~10 INTs
it doesn't matter how we win, but Jimmy throwing for 350+ yds and 4 TDs would be amazing
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
it doesn't matter how we win, but Jimmy throwing for 350+ yds and 4 TDs would be amazing

it would be nice to have the jimmy haters be silent for at least one night
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Jan 15, 2020 at 10:38 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I think going forward Garoppolo will settle into a 3900/30/9 slash for his career.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think going forward Garoppolo will settle into a 3900/30/9 slash for his career.

That'd be a good career.
Share 49ersWebzone