LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by babarvaart:
i think Jimmy has another 10-20% still to improve, next season he'll be full Jedi.

Exactly. I love the way Jimmy is playing now but I do see things he can improve. I want him to be a top 3 QB and be a guy that make every throw at any time. The only thing I don't think he can improve is his running. He just isn't very fast but that's okay. Brady and Peyton Manning did pretty good without being mobile.

I'd even go as far as to say that the second half of the season (against tougher opponents) was the Jimmy G that we should expect as the baseline going forward.

~4000yds ~30 TDs ~10 INTs

Makes sense!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
it would be nice to have the jimmy haters be silent for at least one night

I don't see anyone that hates Jimmy. I just see different opinions on whether he is an elite QB or just a good QB. I haven't heard anyone, including tv analysts say he's terrible. The biggest criticism is that he's a game manager. If someone believes that then they're just saying they haven't seen the big arm and mind boggling throws. Nothing wrong with that. If he wins the SB I don't care if he does it as a game manager or putting the team on his back and throwing for 400 yards and 4 TD's.
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
it doesn't matter how we win, but Jimmy throwing for 350+ yds and 4 TDs would be amazing

I don't want that kind of game. If he has that, most likely the defense wasn't playing well. I couldn't care less what the Jimmy haters think, as long as we're hoisting a lombardi at the end.

Jimmy did just fine when we needed him early in the game, making big time throws that set up our first 3 scores and gave us a lead the defense could protect. After that, Shanahan wasn't going to put the ball in the air and give MINN a chance to get back in it until their offense showed they could make it a one-score game.
Conservative? Sure. But with our D balling out, I can't blame him. It's worked numerous times this year.
Think about the 2nd half of the Seattle game, Jimmy G was balling out. He was the reason Seattle was trying to drive to score at the end and not run out the clock. If SEA hadn't been able to move the ball and score, I guarantee Jimmy wouldn't have been slinging the ball around. Shanny would've been calling run, run, run, and maybe another run, then switch it up and run some more.

We can win throwing it, we can win not throwing it. It's not going to be predicated on just throwing it for no reason. It almost feels like we're toying with teams. It's like, "we're going to just run it at you all the time. oh, your offense scored? Ok, now we'll throw it and score on you again".

Fans love tons of points and blowouts for their team but when you're doing that you're also opening your guys up to more injury risk.
Think about the Saints game - we came out with 3 big injuries in that game and both teams were running up and down the field, running a lot of plays.
This past week the game was one of the shortest playoff games in terms of time it took to complete the game and we had no major injuries. That's what i want to see this weekend.
[ Edited by jonnydel on Jan 15, 2020 at 10:57 AM ]
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows‏ @mattbarrows

Jimmy Garoppolo said that when he got hit early against the Vikings, his entire left leg was hurting. But he said the pain didn't last long. Was he concerned about his surgically repaired knee? "Thankfully I had the brace on," he said.

Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung8:
it doesn't matter how we win, but Jimmy throwing for 350+ yds and 4 TDs would be amazing

I don't want that kind of game. If he has that, most likely the defense wasn't playing well. I couldn't care less what the Jimmy haters think, as long as we're hoisting a lombardi at the end.

Jimmy did just fine when we needed him early in the game, making big time throws that set up our first 3 scores and gave us a lead the defense could protect. After that, Shanahan wasn't going to put the ball in the air and give MINN a chance to get back in it until their offense showed they could make it a one-score game.
Conservative? Sure. But with our D balling out, I can't blame him. It's worked numerous times this year.
Think about the 2nd half of the Seattle game, Jimmy G was balling out. He was the reason Seattle was trying to drive to score at the end and not run out the clock. If SEA hadn't been able to move the ball and score, I guarantee Jimmy wouldn't have been slinging the ball around. Shanny would've been calling run, run, run, and maybe another run, then switch it up and run some more.

We can win throwing it, we can win not throwing it. It's not going to be predicated on just throwing it for no reason. It almost feels like we're toying with teams. It's like, "we're going to just run it at you all the time. oh, your offense scored? Ok, now we'll throw it and score on you again".

Fans love tons of points and blowouts for their team but when you're doing that you're also opening your guys up to more injury risk.
Think about the Saints game - we came out with 3 big injuries in that game and both teams were running up and down the field, running a lot of plays.
This past week the game was one of the shortest playoff games in terms of time it took to complete the game and we had no major injuries. That's what i want to see this weekend.

Agreed
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by okdkid:
I think going forward Garoppolo will settle into a 3900/30/9 slash for his career.

That'd be a good career.

HOFer career.
Originally posted by VDSF:

Jimmy Garoppolo said that when he got hit early against the Vikings, his entire left leg was hurting. But he said the pain didn't last long. Was he concerned about his surgically repaired knee? "Thankfully I had the brace on," he said.

Keep that brace on forever, please, lol.
  • thl408
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Let's put a brace on every Jimmy body part that bends except the throwing shoulder/arm.
I don't give a crap if Jimmy goes 12/19 125 yards and 1 TD, as long as we win! If we can run the ball the entire game and wear out GB while keeping Rodgers on the sideline then PERFECT! If we can't run then let Jimmy rip it, I got all the confidence in the dude and our D. JUST WIN BABY!
Originally posted by thl408:

Let's put a brace on every Jimmy body part that bends except the throwing shoulder/arm.

Jimmy's like a Jeep. Tough, hard working with no frills. He's all about getting the job done as efficiently as possible. The problem is, he's too pretty to be a Jeep.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 15, 2020 at 1:33 PM ]
Jimmy's like a Jeep. Tough, hard working with no frills. He's all about getting the job done as efficiently as possible. The problem is, he's too pretty to be a Jeep.

Funny enough, I saw a video of Jimmy on IG recently and it just so happens he was driving a Jeep.
Originally posted by ducky_face:

Funny enough, I saw a video of Jimmy on IG recently and it just so happens he was driving a Jeep.

He should be doing commercials for Gillette. He looks like he could regrow his beard between takes.
Originally posted by thl408:

he just got smashed, i don't think the brace had anything to do with avoiding an injury there

Jimmy G's pancake at ~4:32 & the team's reaction.
[ Edited by Heed49er on Jan 15, 2020 at 3:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone