LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 162 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
but they moved up to get him ya? kinda misleading

They used they're own 1st gave up a 2018 1st and gave up a 2017 3rd...not sure what's misleading about they

Used 2 1st rd picks and a 3rd which no one in KC cares about lol
The fact that Kyle needs to answer questions about Jimmys job is a complete embarrassment and I blame the fans. We really need to get better as a fanbase
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
but they moved up to get him ya? kinda misleading

They used they're own 1st gave up a 2018 1st and gave up a 2017 3rd...not sure what's misleading about they

Used 2 1st rd picks and a 3rd which no one in KC cares about lol

My point is the '17 1st rounder was basically an exchange. They got a higher 1st. Is that not correct?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by NCommand:

just goes to show fans dont know s**t.

overreacting as usual.

I think it just goes to show you that you shouldnt have wasted so much of your energy on the small handful of posters who were saying Jimmy should be replaced. It was obvious to an overwhelming majority of posters that he wasnt losing his job.

It's amazing to me how many of you take coach speak as the gospel truth. What possible reason would Shanahan have at this point to say to the media that Jimmy could lose his job?
Originally posted by BumCity:

overreacting as usual.

I think it just goes to show you that you shouldnt have wasted so much of your energy on the small handful of posters who were saying Jimmy should be replaced. It was obvious to an overwhelming majority of posters that he wasnt losing his job.

It's amazing to me how many of you take coach speak as the gospel truth. What possible reason would Shanahan have at this point to say to the media that Jimmy could lose his job?

My thinking that Jimmy has no chance of losing his starting job during these 1-3 weeks he will be out has absolutely nothing to do with what Kyle may or may not have said today.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
The fact that Kyle needs to answer questions about Jimmys job is a complete embarrassment and I blame the fans. We really need to get better as a fanbase

Just a smarter fan base, it's ridiculous

overreacting as usual.

My thinking that Jimmy has no chance of losing his starting job during these 1-3 weeks he will be out has absolutely nothing to do with what Kyle may or may not have said today.

Ok, but I wasn't just referring to you.

overreacting as usual.

I believe Shanny would back Jimmy all season, regardless of how he performs the rest of the year.
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:

Were the fans asking the question or were the beat writers and reporters?

Beat writers and reporters talk to fans all the time, usually ask them questions they would like coaches to answer

Beat writers and reporters talk to fans all the time, usually ask them questions they would like coaches to answer

The media are the ones who have been referring to Jimmy as the weak link for quite sometime now. Let's stop acting like the fans are to blame.
Originally posted by Sickaa:

The media are the ones who have been referring to Jimmy as the weak link for quite sometime now. Let's stop acting like the fans are to blame.

Agreed
Originally posted by Sickaa:

Who? Screamin A Smith? None of the local reporters(Who actually watch the team up close) have ever talked bad about Jimmy except maybe Grant and we all know how most feel about him
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by SD49er:
This thread has gone off the rails. Jimmy has one bad game against the Cardinals and all the sudden people are comparing him to Alex Smith and talking about Foles or Trubiski being better than him?! The expectations of 49ers fans are so unrealistic to the point where the fan base wants to dump a franchise qb with the hope of drafting the next Mahomes, which is insane. Look around the league at young quarterbacks. Jackson, Watson, Murray, Dak, Josh Allen, Minshew, Wentz, Cousins, Carr, Darnold, Stafford, and Mayfield has literally done squat in this league. I would not trade Jimmy for any of these guys based on the play I have seen from Jimmy. Goff and Ryan made it to super bowls, and have shown the ability, but Ryan is getting old and Goff is completely reliant on a run game. Even Mahomes played terrible in the super bowl. If it wasn't for an atrocious non call on Bosa on the Hill third down play the Chief's get skunked. People act like Brees, Rodgers, and Rivers have been perfect. These guys collectively have blown so many playoff games. People talk about Rodgers being the greatest talent ever (before Mahomes) and the guy won one super bowl. It took Russel Wilson years to develop into the QB he is today. The grass is very rarely greener when you have a QB who can actually play. Jimmy put up legit franchise numbers in his first full year, leads the league in fourth quarter wins, plays amazing on third down, and takes the team to the SB, but people are like "not good enough." This is crazy to me. Even Greg Cosell, who does a fantastic job evaluating QBs, really likes Jimmy. If we dump Jimmy, he will go to the Bears or Patriots and compete for a SB every year and we will all wish he was back on our team.

Talent wise he's very comparable to Alex Smith, you know the guy that was the #1 draft pick at one point?

It was never meant to be a dis or anything....I didn't realize ya'll would still be so triggered over all of that. With a good OC and solid roster Jimmy and Alex will win you a lot of games. That's NOT a bad thing.

I'm sorry you're being a homer if you wouldn't trade Jimmy for Watson, Dak, wentz, or even Allen at this point. Listen I like Jimmy as much as the next Niner fan but for the love of god let's be objective here.

Did you watch Cosell talk about Jimmy after the SB? Apparently not with that comment you said...Jimmy is a good QB he's gotta dial it up a notch this yr....if not what are you doing letting him play out his contract? Giving him an extension?

Dak with Kyle and our weapons would be f**king amazing. Part of me hope he tests the market.

Prescott gets a free ride in the media. How many post season games has he won? He has a good OL, dominant RB, genuine WR's.

he has underachieved.
[ Edited by 4thandlong on Sep 30, 2020 at 4:00 PM ]

overreacting as usual.

Yeah Jimmy is QB1 in SF...is he the long term FQB who's contract we restructure or give an extension too? At this point he's got not much in GTD cash, SF isn't committed to him. That could very will change one way or the other after this season.

Sorry, he's the guy. and will be until shanahan says or eludes to otherwise.
Share 49ersWebzone