There are 240 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49er_Football:

Is Jimmy going to be Doubtful or Questionable?

I don't think he plays this week

Agree, and I kind of like that, because I think Nick can take care of the eagles by himself with what he has. Plus, Kittle is back and so is Deebo. I'd like to see how Mullens plays with *both* Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk. I think he'll do well. If we can get a high round draft pick for him in a possible trade next year, man o man that would be sweet.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49er_Football:

Is Jimmy going to be Doubtful or Questionable?

I don't think he plays this week

Agree, and I kind of like that, because I think Nick can take care of the eagles by himself with what he has. Plus, Kittle is back and so is Deebo. I'd like to see how Mullens plays with *both* Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk. I think he'll do well. If we can get a high round draft pick for him in a possible trade next year, man o man that would be sweet.

yep, Mullens gonna be f**king loaded this week. Deebo Aiyuk and Kittle
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
The fact that Kyle needs to answer questions about Jimmys job is a complete embarrassment and I blame the fans. We really need to get better as a fanbase

Just a smarter fan base, it's ridiculous

Were the fans asking the question or were the beat writers and reporters?

Beat writers and reporters talk to fans all the time, usually ask them questions they would like coaches to answer

The media are the ones who have been referring to Jimmy as the weak link for quite sometime now. Let's stop acting like the fans are to blame.

Who? Screamin A Smith? None of the local reporters(Who actually watch the team up close) have ever talked bad about Jimmy except maybe Grant and we all know how most feel about him

I've seen plenty question His ability. Especially leading up to the biggest game of his life when he proved them right. He's a good Quarterback overall. Just not really what most would consider Great.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
That's not saying much. Foles was beat in training camp by Trubisky

False, Matt Nagy wanted to start Foles from the jump according to reports, but Ryan Pace forced Trubisky on him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

There you go! NY85 just playing Devils Advocate!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by NCommand:

just goes to show fans dont know s**t.

overreacting as usual.

I think it just goes to show you that you shouldnt have wasted so much of your energy on the small handful of posters who were saying Jimmy should be replaced. It was obvious to an overwhelming majority of posters that he wasnt losing his job.

Agree, but I have to say Mullens was very impressive in his NY Giants game, so much so, that the fans were probably shocked (I know I was) at how good he's become. Which is a good thing. Yeah, I know it's the bottom feeding NY Giants, but some of those throws were Pat Mahomes-like. Even I coudn't help but think of *what if* kinds of scenarios.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We're starting to get our people back - except my boy Bosa.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Hopefully, he comes back better than ever, Giedi.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM ]

Hopefully, he comes back better than ever, Giedi.

I'm hoping gets an upgrade from Elon musk and neuralink.....

never said he was...also never said to move on from him, that's a wait and see with this season IMO.

I did throw out the idea of moving Jimmy to say the Bears for a couple 2nd rd picks, tender Mullens (bridge QB), and use picks to move up and get a guy like Trey Lance who probably won't be a top 5 pick in this draft.

They would save over $50M in cap space over the next two yrs moving Jimmy & they could resign whomever and look at FAs. They would have a cheap QB for 4-5 yrs.

Do you believe in Jimmy or the system/HC? Do you believe enough in Jimmy to resign him to $30+M per season? Those are questions that need to be figured out in a yr or so.

Agree. Give Jimmy, at minimum, this year and see how he does with some nice young weapons at his side(Aiyuk Deebo).

How about what I've alternatively listed since I got over the SuperBowl?

Which is,....highlight areas and look for growth:

I have a couple to stare down at....nothing too serious or complex:

1) Testing areas down-the-field more often. He began to do so down the stretch with Arizona,...but that's only because we were losing by that point and in trouble. That and...

2) Taking needless coverage sacks when things aren't there.

We can argue back and forth about the strength of his arm and what's left in his body,...but these two areas are telltale signs of what's what. The only excuses for not testing open WRs down the field more, and not throwing the ball away more often, is that he has some serious concerns when it comes to either arm strength, nerves, preparation, and/or a mix of all 3.

None of us are QB whisperers or Bill Walsh or anything. But two easy areas to watch are those,...because you don't get caught up in the 11 of 12 in completions junk-talk that does nothing to give us any hope toward contending for a title.

Jimmy is going to keep showing to be a strong QB in most areas against crummy teams, IMO.
Originally posted by ChuckLeavy32:
The fact that Kyle needs to answer questions about Jimmys job is a complete embarrassment and I blame the fans. We really need to get better as a fanbase

Just a smarter fan base, it's ridiculous

Were the fans asking the question or were the beat writers and reporters?

Beat writers and reporters talk to fans all the time, usually ask them questions they would like coaches to answer

The media are the ones who have been referring to Jimmy as the weak link for quite sometime now. Let's stop acting like the fans are to blame.

Who? Screamin A Smith? None of the local reporters(Who actually watch the team up close) have ever talked bad about Jimmy except maybe Grant and we all know how most feel about him

I've seen plenty question His ability. Especially leading up to the biggest game of his life when he proved them right. He's a good Quarterback overall. Just not really what most would consider Great.

Again I ask, who? Not Maiocco, David Lombardi has always defended him from the weirdo fans. And these are people who are always around the team. Jimmy deserves blame for what happened with that 4th quarter but stop acting like he was covering the child beater on 3rd & 15 or it was his fault Richard Sherman was getting burnt in the endzone, or Kyle Shanahan decided to abandon what was working when it was time to put the game away.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I need some damn action.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

What? Look the media watches games too you know. Jimmy didn't have the best playoff run (whispers started when he never threw the ball) and then on the grandest stage he didn't get it done. FFW to this year fresh off the super bowl performance and he hasn't looked like 2019 regular season Jimmy. Its a fact. If anything the fans are guilty of defending him to a fault. I don't get that take.

Local media has always defended him. Even Ray Ratto, who's the biggest pessimist of Bay Area sports had to defend him. It's only the mainstream media looking for retweets who've criticized him. And I've been asking this question since those playoff games and still never got an answer. If you can dominate a team by running the ball and they have zero ability to stop it WHY WOULD YOU EVER THROW IT????? Good lord

As far as the Super Bowl. Before the meltdown Jimmy was well on his way to becoming Super bowl MVP. Besides a pass where he badly missed a wide open Kittle in the middle of the field , he was damn near lights out, Jimmy and the Niners had KC dead to rights, and the Chiefs knew it. Sadly him along with the entire team completely fell apart after the 3rd & 15
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Sep 30, 2020 at 8:41 PM ]
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

What? Look the media watches games too you know. Jimmy didn't have the best playoff run (whispers started when he never threw the ball) and then on the grandest stage he didn't get it done. FFW to this year fresh off the super bowl performance and he hasn't looked like 2019 regular season Jimmy. Its a fact. If anything the fans are guilty of defending him to a fault. I don't get that take.

Or maybe because Mostert was playing almost Derek Henry level in the playoffs, but Kyle forgot that he was doing that in the SB :)
Share 49ersWebzone