LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 142 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Many have not figured out that Kyle designed that play and Saunders was not where he was meant to be. JG threw the ball to where Saunders was meant to be and did his job. Proof of this is that Saunders is no longer with us and Jimmy is.

As for the supposed other passes you forget the Oline was terrible in pass protection and was allowing a number of balls to be batted down as well as good secondary coverage by the Chiefs. There was one bad pass that was on Jimmy in that final 10. The other incompletions etc were on others.

But as you said there was a lot on the defence for letting the Chiefs get all those points on us in the last quarter. Jimmy is not responsible for poor defence. Salah is

There it is again, blaming Sanders for the overthrow because he wasn't where he supposed to be. One of the dumbest things I've ever heard on here. Who's responsible for the worst 4th QTR QB rating in SB history?

I don't know where Shanahan intended that Sanders should be. But if this is the dumbest thing you have read here, you certainly haven't been following the place very closely. Time to take a deep breath and move on, all that is being said about the SB has been said before.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Yea there's definitely a difference between swapping a 1st and giving up a 1st imo

They used two 1st rd picks and a 3rd to draft mahomes. Not sure what we're debating here

I just think swapping picks is different. To me, actually giving up two 1st rounders would be like giving up their 2018 and 2019 1st rd picks to move up and draft Mahomes
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Sorry, he's the guy. and will be until shanahan says or eludes to otherwise.

It's not about what he says or alludes to. It's about having a better option.

and he was asked about a better option, potentially being Nick Mullens, and he shut that s**t down. nothing more to discuss for now.
Originally posted by BoldRedandGold:
That's not how I see it. The Chiefs dared to make Jimmy beat them. It didn't work for 3 quarters but eventuallyit caught up to him.

They were not going to let us run it down their throats. Reid is a smart guy.

There were crucial plays in the first half on offense and defense that could have made it a blowout for us but we didn't go for the throat.

In the end the Chiefs strategy won out and Jimmy could not hold it together and did not play well enough in the first half to make the lead insurmountable.

This is how I see it. We were not aggressive enough when we had control of the game, and this falls on Kyle and Jimmy.

I was screaming to go for it when we kicked a FG on 4th and 2. I was completely baffled at us blowing an opportunity to score before the half.

Kyle did not have enough respect for KC's offense, and Jimmy didn't make enough plays. 20 points was not going to cut it.
we're not talking about brady, we're talking about Mullens vs. Jimmy and Shanahan was asked the question fans have been overreacting about all week. he put it to bed. get over it lol

I haven't been talking about Mullens vs Jimmy...That's a no-brainer. Jimmy is QB1 on this team.

I'm pointing out the future of Jimmy and reference to where he might stand with the team long-term. Contract with hardly any actual GTD cash left, team sniffed around at Brady, didn't restructure his contract etc.

This is a BIG yr for Jimmy IMO. He's gotta become more consistent and dial it up a notch....if not we might see something happen.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

There you go! NY85 just playing Devils Advocate!

Yeah I've never said their was a in-house qb controversy

Sounds like someone bought a couple JG's jerseys...truth is he's got little GTD cash and the team has sniffed around at Brady and not restructured his deal.

This is the yr Jimmy has to bring it up to the next level...

actually have 0 jerseys from this regime/era. also yes he needs to build on his 2019 campaign. already said this

Yeah I was just joking there...I don't buy jerseys anymore got burned too many times.

Just stick with the team hoodie or t-shirt/hat
we're not talking about brady, we're talking about Mullens vs. Jimmy and Shanahan was asked the question fans have been overreacting about all week. he put it to bed. get over it lol

I haven't been talking about Mullens vs Jimmy...That's a no-brainer. Jimmy is QB1 on this team.

I'm pointing out the future of Jimmy and reference to where he might stand with the team long-term. Contract with hardly any actual GTD cash left, team sniffed around at Brady, didn't restructure his contract etc.

This is a BIG yr for Jimmy IMO. He's gotta become more consistent and dial it up a notch....if not we might see something happen.

yeah, I know, i HAVE. been talking about Mulles vs. Jimmy because it's what we've seen all week with other fans. but i never disagreed with this about the future and where we go if Jimmy doesn't build upon 2019. (idk why youre responding to me with that. irrelevant.) jimmy is the guy when Shanahan was asked about Mullens starting. all I was addressing. the future is the future. ALL week it's been talk about Mullens and controversy talk with fans. I pointed out that they didnt know s**t. Shanahan does. not talking about what we do with QB outside of what we got going on right now.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 1, 2020 at 5:28 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Sounds like someone bought a couple JG's jerseys...truth is he's got little GTD cash and the team has sniffed around at Brady and not restructured his deal.

actually have 0 jerseys from this regime/era. also yes he needs to build on his 2019 campaign. already said this

Yeah I was just joking there...I don't buy jerseys anymore got burned too many times.

Their jackets are pretty nice, too.
Yea there's definitely a difference between swapping a 1st and giving up a 1st imo

They used two 1st rd picks and a 3rd to draft mahomes. Not sure what we're debating here

I just think swapping picks is different. To me, actually giving up two 1st rounders would be like giving up their 2018 and 2019 1st rd picks to move up and draft Mahomes

I see...I mean I see it as they used 2 1st rd picks (because they did) and a 3rd in order to have Mahomes as their QB. They used their 27th overall pick, 22nd overall pick in 2018, and the 91st pick in 2017 to get one guy. IF SF Falls in love with one of these QBs (Lawrence isn't gonna fall to 10th) I'd be down to make such a move.

yeah, I know, i HAVE. been talking about Mulles vs. Jimmy because it's what we've seen all week with other fans. but i never disagreed with this about the future and where we go if Jimmy doesn't build upon 2019. (idk why youre responding to me with that. irrelevant.) jimmy is the guy when Shanahan was asked about Mullens starting. all I was addressing. the future is the future. ALL week it's been talk about Mullens and controversy talk with fans. I pointed out that they didnt know s**t. Shanahan does. not talking about what we do with QB outside of what we got going on right now.

fair enough
Originally posted by mayo49:
Their jackets are pretty nice, too.

nice bro, how many Alex Smith jerseys you still have?
nice bro, how many Alex Smith jerseys you still have?

LOL zero... got Rice and Gore jerseys lining around somewhere. FWIW I never said Smith was some amazing QB, I was fine when he left.

Wife bought me a Kap jersey, I bought a Bowman jersey at one point then he blew out his knee. Almost got a Buck jersey cause I figured he was gonna be around for a while

after that it's all team hoodies and t-shirts. I'm done wasting cash on jerseys
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Nice post but with one addition. Forgot to mention the helmet to helmet spear job by KC , a LB i think, while JG was on the ground. Not Called of course but when Jimmy looked downfield he saw 3 guys where there was one. He threw it to the wrong one of the 3 same guys. That isn't sour grapes it is what happened. And during his post game interview, he was obviously dingy. That helmet to helmet job was the difference. Damn shame.

That's a good point. I really hope that hit didn't mess with the guy's confidence. He hasn't been the same since has he? I'm not hating on Jimmy. I own the guy's jersey for chissakes. I am concerned though about what is going on with the guy. The happy feet is a big concern. That leads to poor footwork. Poor footwork leads to bad throws (see Kittle's knee). His confidence isn't there right now. I hope it returns when all of our weapons are back out there because this is not the same Jimmy G of 2017 and regular season 2019 where he stood fearlessly in that pocket.
Share 49ersWebzone