LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 129 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by swayze:
I think it's telling that Kyle didn't even hedge with some variation of "hot hand" though. *Right now* there's no question Jimmy starts over Nick when he's healthy. I do agree that could potentially change if we see more of the "new, improved" Nick and/or a regression from Jimmy but right now it's not as close as we seem to think here

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Not that I think there is a QB controversy I believe Shanny here but if you say Mullens has a chance then he throws for 4 picks on Sunday 1) you look like an idiot 2) you tossed Jimmy under the bus.

Nick could only get the job when Jimmy is healthy and Nick is playing to well to be benched. It could be true that Shanny is just playing the game here. But again I don't think that.

f**king THANK you.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
I just want to see Jimmy show more consistency and take care of the ball better.

This year will be a big test for him either way Imo.

Oh that's where I'm at...this is his season be more consistent and improve overall. take that next step.

if not, he might be who he is at this point...which isn't an awful thing he's a good QB currently. Not sure you restructure or give him an extension though.

Yeah, the Niners may have a big decision to make regarding Jimmy, and how he performs This year.
Agree with you guys. This isn't a Jimmy vs Mullens debate (yet), he's without question better and more proven in the league. This season is a measure of if he will improve on last season, 2 years removed from the acl, and whether he deserves a restructure or extension and will be the guy for the future. If he doesn't improve much on the areas critiqued, then he might just be who he is. Then Shanny and Lynch needs to decide if we continue to roll with that or look to improve the position.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Agree with you guys. This isn't a Jimmy vs Mullens debate (yet), he's without question better and more proven in the league. This season is a measure of if he will improve on last season, 2 years removed from the acl, and whether he deserves a restructure or extension and will be the guy for the future. If he doesn't improve much on the areas critiqued, then he might just be who he is. Then Shanny and Lynch needs to decide if we continue to roll with that or look to improve the position.

well said. really want to see him improve on his weak areas last season. downfield accuracy, and really just taking care of the football better/living to see another down. so far, he technically has taken better care of the football. just needs to protect himself better and be more decisive, which, unfortunately finally clicked for him only due to his injury and him having no other choice. but so far so good on the bone-headed interceptions.

he had a big problem last season with those underneath linebackers.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Oct 1, 2020 at 1:18 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NCommand:

There you go! NY85 just playing Devils Advocate!

Yeah I've never said their was a in-house qb controversy

You and NC are pretty good Advocates for DemonKind.
So it looks like Jimmy is still not" "healthy'
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
I just want to see Jimmy show more consistency and take care of the ball better.

Oh that's where I'm at...this is his season be more consistent and improve overall. take that next step.

if not, he might be who he is at this point...which isn't an awful thing he's a good QB currently. Not sure you restructure or give him an extension though.

if he shows consistency, improvement and the ability to strike deep, I think Kyle will sign him long-term and restructure that contract like you said previously. Its kind of like 2017, in a sense, a prove it year. Also, I think there is an assumption that he will be able to do so, with the addition of Aiyuk to the WR corps and the marginalizing of Pettis. In other words, I think if Kyle thought Jimmy was the problem, he'd have put more effort in getting more QB competition for Mullens, BeatHard and Jimmy in the offseason. Instead, they cut undrafted free agent Brock Rutter almost as soon as they signed him.
The best part about Mullens play is there is no reason to rush Jimmy back. I think it's impossible to say who is better at this point, but history would clearly be on Garoppolo's side...
Originally posted by Giedi:

if he shows consistency, improvement and the ability to strike deep, I think Kyle will sign him long-term and restructure that contract like you said previously. Its kind of like 2017, in a sense, a prove it year. Also, I think there is an assumption that he will be able to do so, with the addition of Aiyuk to the WR corps and the marginalizing of Pettis. In other words, I think if Kyle thought Jimmy was the problem, he'd have put more effort in getting more QB competition for Mullens, BeatHard and Jimmy in the offseason. Instead, they cut undrafted free agent Brock Rutter almost as soon as they signed him.

Totally... Consistency, Improvements and the ability to strike deep are what we're hoping for this year, or it may be his last season with the Niners.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
The best part about Mullens play is there is no reason to rush Jimmy back. I think it's impossible to say who is better at this point, but history would clearly be on Garoppolo's side...

It's good that we have two Qbs who have the ability to win us games.

We're in a good shape with Kyle and lynch running the show.

Damn, Steve Smith just threw more shade on Jimmy on Thursday Night Football pre-game. Said something like Jimmy just dinks and dunks easy throws but Nick Mullens throws dimes
Damn, Steve Smith just threw more shade on Jimmy on Thursday Night Football pre-game. Said something like Jimmy just dinks and dunks easy throws but Nick Mullens throws dimes

Seems like a lot of people resent jimmy. Pretty amusing

lol i guess he doesn't watch any niner games
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Seems like a lot of people resent jimmy. Pretty amusing

Yup and that dates back to when he got his payday for the small amount of games he played at the time.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

lol i guess he doesn't watch any niner games

Absolutely loved him as a player, but he's not good in the media, like at all
Share 49ersWebzone