LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 140 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Damn, Steve Smith just threw more shade on Jimmy on Thursday Night Football pre-game. Said something like Jimmy just dinks and dunks easy throws but Nick Mullens throws dimes

lol i guess he doesn't watch any niner games

Absolutely loved him as a player, but he's not good in the media, like at all

jimmy totally dink and dunked his way to beating new orleans and seattle last year lol
Damn, Steve Smith just threw more shade on Jimmy on Thursday Night Football pre-game. Said something like Jimmy just dinks and dunks easy throws but Nick Mullens throws dimes

For what it's worth, Steve Smith is a lifelong 49ers fan.
Originally posted by 9erguy:

For what it's worth, Steve Smith is a lifelong 49ers fan.

Was...

Yeah he does, only reason I know that is because he was the guy last year who said jimmy wasn't that good he's just throwing to people who are butt hole wide open on national TV
[ Edited by 49ERnation on Oct 1, 2020 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERnation:

Yeah he does, only reason I know that is because he was the guy last year who said jimmy wasn't that good he's just throwing to people who are butt hole wide open on national TV

Originally posted by Sickaa:

I would bet my house Jimmy would have no problem throwing the ball right in his mouth if given the opportunity
Originally posted by Goatie:

I would bet my house Jimmy would have no problem throwing the ball right in his mouth if given the opportunity

Lol and I would bet mine that Steve Smith would whoop his ass for doing it
Originally posted by Thanos89:

PLUS, ol' Ol Stevoh be fighting for his job as a commentator... he gonna say what he wanna say..

He's overrated as a player, and he's still overrated now..

You are dead wrong about Steve Smith, dead wrong. He's by far one of the most unbiased commentators among the former players out there and he knows his stuff. It's a no nonsense tell it like it is approach that's refreshing.

Lol and I would bet mine that Steve Smith would whoop his ass for doing it

Jimmy would piss himself at thought of Steve Smith ever being mad at him. Smith would kill him within in seconds
Originally posted by Ark49er:
You are dead wrong about Steve Smith, dead wrong. He's by far one of the most unbiased commentators among the former players out there and he knows his stuff. It's a no nonsense tell it like it is approach that's refreshing.

Well I obviously disagree. You are correct in the unbiased and no nonsense tell it like it is, but some of the things he says make no sense as well. You ever hear him at the combine?

......yeah no I really don't think so. He's definitely not the most biased or outlandish....but there are a lot of guys who are better than him ex the guys who take the time to watch film and not say things out of there asses Baldinger, Simms, Cossel etc. And of course the best in the business Jonneydel and THL

Well I obviously disagree. You are correct in the unbiased and no nonsense tell it like it is, but some of the things he says make no sense as well. You ever hear him at the combine?
Yes and he usually has an eye for talent that most talking heads almost always overlook. By him being an underdog most of his life, Smith looks for guys that will out play where most draft gurus project. He's really good at scouting WRs. He was higher on Deebo Samuels and Brandon Aiyuk more then anybody else out there before they proved it on the field.

The problem is people get butt hurt because if he talks down on their man crush. It is what it is but a guy like Steve Smith is a refreshing voice and approach that we fans need. Lol he will also openly call out other commentators and former NFL players right to their face on live TV when they get out of line. Nobody f**ks with Smith, not Deon Sanders, Skip Bayless, Steven A Smith, or crazy Michael Irvin. They know Smith will beat that ass.

Ouch. You've gotta respect Smith. Not a lot of analysts are willing to just tell it like it is.
Share 49ersWebzone