LISTEN: Answering The Biggest 49ers Questions With Akash Anavarathan →

There are 178 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
it was a big deal in comparison to WHAT WE HAD at QB for the San Francisco 49ers

Clearly doesnt when Nick Mullens and CJ weren't far off from the same percentage during certain years. Look at the league,....or continue avoiding taking a look at it and look at just the 49ers. That scenario (3rd and longs) leads to absolutely nowhere. If it shows that it leads to nowhere for all 32 teams,...well the 49ers are included in the 32, sooooo....the premise still stands.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:31 PM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Goatie:
No. It is just the constant whining and the same old passive aggressive repetition of the same lines over and over and over and over again. Jimmy G is not going anywhere this year or next season. Lynch and Shanahan don't come here to read your posts and take your advice. You need to learn to deal with JG being our QB till at least his contract ends and perhaps even longer. You might have lived in the Bay for over 70 years but your heart is not with the 49ers and I will continue to call you out on it.

Versus the constant praise and slobbering over and over.

Just because I am not persuaded by the view you and a clear minority of people hold that JG should be dumped does not mean I constantly praise and slobber over him. That is a completely dishonest post. You cannot pull up any series of posts where I constantly praise and slobber over JG.

Why don't you stop posting dishonest posts. You are not Donald Trump.
Originally posted by random49er:
it was a big deal in comparison to WHAT WE HAD at QB for the San Francisco 49ers

Clearly doesnt when Nick Mullens and CJ weren't far off from the same percentage during certain years. Look at the league,....or continue avoiding taking a look at it and look at just the 49ers. That scenario (3rd and longs) leads to absolutely nowhere. If it shows that it leads to nowhere to all 32 teams,...well the 49ers are included in the 32.

no. your premise is f**king stupid because you don't understand where im coming from still or choose not to. (maybe because you werent around)
in general, as a fan, I personally felt more confident than not. stop trying to get so granular and read so much into that statement lol.

did CJ and Nick play the same amount of games? why weren't they rewarded the same big contract as Jimmy G then? jesus christ dude lol

also dont forget to let me know when you're ready to acknowledge you missed all the QB play from 2003 to 2016.
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:34 PM ]

And that's what we're going for? Hey at least he's better than Hoyer and gabbert?

We need higher standards imo

did CJ and Nick play the same amount of games?

Games? You must mean attempts, right? It's an attempts stat,...not a # of games to accumulate stat (like yards). :::sigh:::

Explain Jameis Winston besting the league in it given 4 seasons to look at or just wave the white flag already. It's over.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:37 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And that's what we're going for? Hey at least he's better than Hoyer and gabbert?

We need higher standards imo

of course. and i get that.
yep i dont disagree. if im being totally honest if it wasnt for Jimmy's injuries id still be content with him - but only because I seem to have more patience than others. (which isnt a knock on anyone for wanting someone better sooner, just how I am)

If we weren't dealing with the amount of free agents that we have coming up along with the tight cap space...I'd feel a whole lot better about having Jimmy on the roster in 2021 as a bridge QB with upside.

Unfortunately we're not in that situation

did CJ and Nick play the same amount of games?

Games? You must mean attempts, right? It's an attempts stat,...not a # of games to accumulate stat (like yards). :::sigh:::

Explain Jameis Winston besting the league in it given 4 seasons to look at or just wave the white flag.

why weren't they rewarded the same big contract as Jimmy G then?

also dont forget to let me know when you're ready to acknowledge you missed all the QB play from 2003 to 2016.

Did both of them re-up off of rookie deals? Where is this going? Even if given the opportunity right now to sign, they simply havent shown to be good enough to deserve large deals. Thank you for completing the complete circle regarding that stat to begin with.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:44 PM ]
yep i dont disagree. if im being totally honest if it wasnt for Jimmy's injuries id still be content with him - but only because I seem to have more patience than others. (which isnt a knock on anyone for wanting someone better sooner, just how I am)

If we weren't dealing with the amount of free agents that we have coming up along with the tight cap space...I'd feel a whole lot better about having Jimmy on the roster in 2021 as a bridge QB with upside.

Unfortunately we're not in that situation

i mean the amount of free agents we were going to have to deal with next season was going to exist regardless of what Jimmy did or didnt do this year. along with his contract. so we'll just have to sit back and watch what happens and see what happens with the cap post-covid NFL

Originally posted by Goatie:
Just because I am not persuaded by the view you and a clear minority of people hold that JG should be dumped does not mean I constantly praise and slobber over him. That is a completely dishonest post. You cannot pull up any series of posts where I constantly praise and slobber over JG.

Why don't you stop posting dishonest posts. You are not Donald Trump.

I don't care about whether you like what I say about JG. That's your opinion. We all have repeated ourselves over and over, both pro and con. That's why I posted the comment about giving an award to anyone that comes up with something new. I object to you saying I'm not a fan. Saying I'm not a fan just because I disagree with you is ridiculous. Like I said, argue about the content of the posts but don't question someone's loyalty or get personal when you don't know them.
I never said you constantly praise and slobber over Jimmy. It was a blanket statement about all his supporters that keep repeating the same arguments for keeping him as we do for letting him go. I assumed you were in that camp since you attacked me personally. Just for the record, I repeat that I would favor keeping him for another year, drafting a QB and see which way it works out.

Let's drop this since it's getting way too personal and I don't think that's what this forum is for. It certainly isn't supposed to get political.

Did both of them re-up off of rookie deals? Where is this going? Even if given the opportunity right now to sign, they simply havent shown to be good enough to deserve large deals. Thank you for completing the complete circle regarding that stat to begin with.

nothing is complete circle because Jimmy's part in 3rd downs, 4th quarter comeback wins, were all put on display in his 5 game sample size and thus he earned a big contract because of it. thus his 3rd down success rate had merit. go ask Shanahan. https://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/34933/third-comes-first-jimmy-garoppolo-delivering-for-49ers-on-money-down

you lost bro. gg. ez.
"That's usually where quarterbacks earn their money," 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said. "You can do a lot of things on first and second down. You can mix in run or pass to even out the game, but on third down, that pass rush is coming. They always have their best coverages and blitzes called. You need a good guy back there."
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Dec 1, 2020 at 4:47 PM ]
i mean the amount of free agents we were going to have to deal with next season was going to exist regardless of what Jimmy did or didnt do this year. along with his contract. so we'll just have to sit back and watch what happens and see what happens with the cap post-covid NFL

I mean if Jimmy actually played this year and played at a high level, I'm sure SF would have no problem restructuring or even giving Jimmy and extension if he played awesome.

That would allow SF to resign/upgrade and keep this ship rolling...hasn't gone that way and now some decisions will have to be made.

I mean if Jimmy actually played this year and played at a high level, I'm sure SF would have no problem restructuring or even giving Jimmy and extension if he played awesome.

That would allow SF to resign/upgrade and keep this ship rolling...hasn't gone that way and now some decisions will have to be made.

this year not only has been just a total and utter wash for our team, but the season as a whole, the cap, and obviously the damn country.

im sure they and the league will figure something out.
im talking about in comparing to previous QB's on the 49ers. THE 49ERS. lol.

Lol of course you are, now that it has been proven by me to be an absolute crap stat. I mean,...unless Jameis Winston is easily a Top 5 QB in the league losing starting gigs to a guy learning how to throw?

You're no center or power forward, but you have the best pivot on this forum.

The goal anyway is to either have people either explain the crap going on with everyone else on these lists the last 4 years, or completely disregard them and find another way to prop up Jimmy. This stat aint it.

Wins, TDs, passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt...all were good for JG in 2019.
Share 49ersWebzone