Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
yeah and none of that necessarily equates to him being "figured out". you also remember during that game or receivers drop like 5+ balls? or the ball that came off Bournes hands tipped and picked off? again, it doesn't come off as being figured out to me as much as it does Jimmy just not upping his play and going through the motions and improving with experience, lol

I remember Dante dropping one, that was on Dante no doubt. And I remember the high pass to Bourne that he tipped into the defensive players hands. That one was on Jimmy. Let's not forget Jimmy fumbling the ball like always. He's a turnover machine right now. I think he's averaging one Int per game throughout his career.

It was catchable. it should've been caught. that's on bourne, as was shown on the expression of his face.

in fact he had two huge drops that game one of them being a pick.

guess who also fumbled for a touchdown as well? russell wilson. the point is the defense makes plays too.

didn't know Jimmy was a fumbling machine, new to me. lol

I said he was a turnover machine lol. Not a fumbling machine, even though he had something like 5 of those too last season as well. And every receiver believes they should catch the ball smh lol the pass was way off the mark. Don't act like Jimmy doesn't have Issues with his accuracy.

"fumbling the ball like always"

doesn't matter, but it's essentially the same thing.

Jimmy has been inconsistent with his accuracy, but again that example? was right on bourne's hands. like it's a total stretch to say that's all on Jimmy lol. go back and rewatch highlights.

I supposed It was Kittles fault he got himself Injured against the cards too? He should have caught that high pass and made the defender miss lol. The fact Jimmy has thrown an Int In most of his games since becoming a niner shows that he's nothing special.

what does that throw to Kittle have to do with anything? what makes you think I'd put no blame on Jimmy for that example? just telling you straight up that pick from Bourne not catching it was more on Bourne IMO. that's all. im sorry you have PTSD with Jimmy and his "1 INT" per game.

No need to be so sensitive over Jimmy lol. Everyone but afew select niner fans know that he's above average right now. Until he plays with more consistency, that's how he'll remain.

not my fault you have bad memory. and ive never disagreed about jimmy and that status about being average to above average, and will stay that way until he shows more consistency. totally agree there.

How dare you try to have a common sense, fair and balanced view of Jimmy. Shame.
Originally posted by 49er_Football:
Ever since that helmet to helmet hit in the SB.

I saw a dip in his play immediately in 2018. He looked good for like a quarter against the Chiefs, that's it. Then he tore his ACL. The pick 6 to lose to the lions was ridiculously bad. I don't care if he got bailed out by a bad call, that was just inexcusable to throw that pass at that moment.

He looked good to me last year, but the team was also dominant. We've watched Alex and Kap win on good teams (and they were both better in the playoffs than Jimmy). I know Jimmy had his 2017 run, I was stoked about it, but I can't keep pointing to his first 5 games with us.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 5thSFG:
Which is different than 4 yards and screen/shovel passes like you originally posted 👍

Lol a s**t ton short passes that go like 5 yards past the LOS. There were shovel passes/screens short slants etc throughout that whole game.

Good job Jimmy let's give him a $137M deal

That is an outrageous contract - but, he looked the part in '17. Not, so much since.

Except he got us to the Super Bowl. Last year, according to you, he was your man Jimmy lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Which is different than 4 yards and screen/shovel passes like you originally posted 👍

Lol a s**t ton short passes that go like 5 yards past the LOS. There were shovel passes/screens short slants etc throughout that whole game.

That is an outrageous contract - but, he looked the part in '17. Not, so much since.

Except he got us to the Super Bowl. Last year, according to you, he was your man Jimmy lol

Well, a man can change his mind.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran

What? You are getting a sex change?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I was a Jimmy supporter up till the end. I thought even after this year we should keep him, but with a pay cut going foward. Now, I think it's best we move on without him and draft a QB early to replace him. He's just not the same QB from even last year. Time to turn the page on Jimmy G. What say you, Goatie?
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 2, 2020 at 3:46 AM ]

I was a Jimmy supporter up till the end. I thought even after this year we should keep him, but with a pay cut going foward. Now, I think it's best we move on without him and draft a QB early to replace him. He's just not the same QB from even last year. Time to turn the page on Jimmy G. What say you, Goatie?

I think Jimmy is a good dude who had a ton of potential and is just a little too fragile physically and mentally, which has in turn made him gun shy in the pocket and prone to mistakes because he rushes and or panics. It is a shame but it is what it is. I defended it until this year because it was something he could have turned around, but at this point I just don't think it is going to happen for him. That being said, it is looking increasingly like we are going to win too many games to secure his replacement. We are probably going to have to roll with him for one more year at least. I am hoping for a restructure that gets his cap figure down because we are not too likely to be in position to snag the premium talent at QB that can play right now and the roster when healthy is built to win now. I think when we are at 100% with some repairs to the interior O-line Jimmy has it in him to make a run, but he sadly needs that perfect environment to thrive. He is just going to need the best level of protection going forward to keep him calm...we can get him better protection being in the middle part of the draft and some smart free agency tweaks. It wont be elite protection because our run game relies on under sized athletic linemen, but it can be better and maybe just good enough. It is kind of a bummer Jimmy might actually move on and do well in a place that puts a premium on elite pass pro, but that place is never going to be here, it is not what we do.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I think Jimmy is a good dude who had a ton of potential and is just a little too fragile physically and mentally, which has in turn made him gun shy in the pocket and prone to mistakes because he rushes and or panics. It is a shame but it is what it is. I defended it until this year because it was something he could have turned around, but at this point I just don't think it is going to happen for him. That being said, it is looking increasingly like we are going to win too many games to secure his replacement. We are probably going to have to roll with him for one more year at least. I am hoping for a restructure that gets his cap figure down because we are not too likely to be in position to snag the premium talent at QB that can play right now and the roster when healthy is built to win now. I think when we are at 100% with some repairs to the interior O-line Jimmy has it in him to make a run, but he sadly needs that perfect environment to thrive. He is just going to need the best level of protection going forward to keep him calm...we can get him better protection being in the middle part of the draft and some smart free agency tweaks. It wont be elite protection because our run game relies on under sized athletic linemen, but it can be better and maybe just good enough. It is kind of a bummer Jimmy might actually move on and do well in a place that puts a premium on elite pass pro, but that place is never going to be here, it is not what we do.

the bold yes indeed. oh well.

I don't think Jimmy is mentally fragile in terms of panicking. We've seen him make big plays late in the game, we've seen him shake off bad plays and perform well and we've seen him hang in there to make big throws before getting killed by incoming defenders.

I think his issues mentally are related to his issues physically. Which is he doesn't trust the OL to hold up or the WRs to get free from coverage.

I don't think it's a coincidence he plays his best when our gameplan is to get the ball out quick and also when he has the guys who have earned his trust in there.

It's not to say if everyone is healthy on offense that he's playing perfect ball, few QBs if any do that. But he definitely has trust issues whether it's the OL or with his receivers.

When he first got here it was more - just find the open guy. Now that he's playing within the offense and not as mobile cuz of his knee/ankle he has to trust that his OL will hold up in pass pro and his receivers can get where they're supposed to be. If you see the OL fail time and time again and you're missing guys like Deebo and/or Aiyuk or Kittle...that mental clock is going to beat a lot faster.

Yeah overall I don't think the talent level is where you want it to be for a LT FQB. I hear excuses about the OL and for sure it can improve, that said OL play across the league isn't amazing. We aren't the only team that doesn't have some elite PP OL, yet other teams are making it work. I've seen people call out the receivers and to me that's just ridiculous, if anything they haven't gotten enough credit for helping Jimmy last yr.

I'm just tired of hearing the blame for poor QB play on other things besides the actual QB. I'm sick of hearing that the winning % is because of the QB and when we lose it's not his fault lol. Winning % is a team stat, not a QB stat. Sure they play a massive part but when you break down the data and film you can get to the center of what was really winning games overall IMO.

Some changes need to be made in the off season and it will be interesting to see what they do.

Yeah overall I don't think the talent level is where you want it to be for a LT FQB. I hear excuses about the OL and for sure it can improve, that said OL play across the league isn't amazing. We aren't the only team that doesn't have some elite PP OL, yet other teams are making it work. I've seen people call out the receivers and to me that's just ridiculous, if anything they haven't gotten enough credit for helping Jimmy last yr.

I'm just tired of hearing the blame for poor QB play on other things besides the actual QB. I'm sick of hearing that the winning % is because of the QB and when we lose it's not his fault lol. Winning % is a team stat, not a QB stat. Sure they play a massive part but when you break down the data and film you can get to the center of what was really winning games overall IMO.

Some changes need to be made in the off season and it will be interesting to see what they do.

Scoring more points than opponents won games and JG threw the 5th most TDs in the NFL last year.

no, the running game and defense did.
I think Jimmy is a good dude who had a ton of potential and is just a little too fragile physically and mentally, which has in turn made him gun shy in the pocket and prone to mistakes because he rushes and or panics. It is a shame but it is what it is. I defended it until this year because it was something he could have turned around, but at this point I just don't think it is going to happen for him. That being said, it is looking increasingly like we are going to win too many games to secure his replacement. We are probably going to have to roll with him for one more year at least. Iam hoping for a restructure that gets his cap figure down because we are not too likely to be in position to snag the premium talent at QB that can play right now and the roster when healthy is built to win now. I think when we are at 100% with some repairs to the interior O-line Jimmy has it in him to make a run, but he sadly needs that perfect environment to thrive. He is just going to need the best level of protection going forward to keep him calm...we can get him better protection being in the middle part of the draft and some smart free agency tweaks. It wont be elite protection because our run game relies on under sized athletic linemen, but it can be better and maybe just good enough. It is kind of a bummer Jimmy might actually move on and do well in a place that puts a premium on elite pass pro, but that place is never going to be here, it is not what we do.
Nah. This is definitely his final year here.
[ Edited by Milpitasbob on Dec 2, 2020 at 7:46 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Scoring more points than opponents won games and JG threw the 5th most TDs in the NFL last year.

jimmy was awful in ALEX yards and his receivers did all that work after catching the ball. so doesnt count.
Share 49ersWebzone