There are 115 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Josh Allen's ALEX stats dipped? dude sucks now i guess.

Making silly, outlandish points that you can then defeat. Okay?

1) Is Josh Allen at the very bottom (30, 31, 32) like Jimmy was?

Was he #1 or #2 last year? And

2) What observations did we make about Josh's play to begin with (as we already have for 100's of pages regarding Jimmy)?

Stats are not all meant to be a ranking of who was great and who was bad. Why are you trying to force the ALEX score into this box? No one is buying that this is a legit argument. It's filler.

josh allen SUCKS BRAH! stats dont lie!
BTW just to put all this ALEX crap to rest.

I looked back at Matt Ryan's 2016 season...you know the one where he was league MVP under Kyle? With good pass blocking and a guy like Julio Jones.

His ALEX grade from that season was -0.2

Jimmy in 2019 was -0.1

Think maybe Kyle's offense could be a common denominator?
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Think about it...alex smith just got $71 million guaranteed and jimmy G got $74 million lol

If any one is hating on this contract they need a slap in the face

Hey NY...

Lol you're going back searching for posts too
It's too intense in here. I'm going back to the OL thread where it's plain as day. LOL
Think about it...alex smith just got $71 million guaranteed and jimmy G got $74 million lol

If any one is hating on this contract they need a slap in the face

so does this mean ur gonna slap urself in the face?
  • thl408

I looked back at Matt Ryan's 2016 season...you know the one where he was league MVP under Kyle? With good pass blocking and a guy like Julio Jones.

Jimmy in 2019 was -0.1

That's why I think that ALEX stat is more a measurement of the offense. I bet the QBs in Bruce Arians 'no risk it, no biscuit' offense has positive ALEX scores. Can you confirm or deny this, if it's quick and easy to do?
Originally posted by NCommand:
It's too intense in here. I'm going back to the OL thread where it's plain as day. LOL

i mean...

OL.

aka

LOL.

I'm coming for you next
Originally posted by Niners99:
It doesn't really matter. QB's generally end up playing through and earning almost all of their deals.

or they don't...kap say hi lol.

honestly if he plays like he did last yr I don't give a s**t about what he's getting paid
Originally posted by NYniner85: Yeah he got a $137M deal because of 4 games my bad.

o rly?
[ Edited by SkyZer0 on Dec 2, 2020 at 11:32 AM ]

I'm coming for you next

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189603-jimmy-garoppolo-thread/page4173/

post #62591

Originally posted by thl408:

Jimmy in 2019 was -0.1

That's why I think that ALEX stat is more a measurement of the offense. I bet the QBs in Bruce Arians 'no risk it, no biscuit' offense has positive ALEX scores. Can you confirm or deny this, if it's quick and easy to do?

They're up there for the most part. Brady is at 2.6 this year. Palmer towards the end of his career was low on the list with 0.3 in 2017 and -0.1 in 2016 but he was at 4.3 in 2015 and he was at 2.0 with Stanton at 4.1 in 2014.

And I agree with your point and was trying to imply that as well. It's a lot more offense/personnel driven. We're a WCO based offense with guys whose strength is YAC. We shouldn't expect our QBs to air it out well beyond the yard marker most of the time because it likely means bad things for us winning games.

I'm coming for you next

Haha.

i mean...

OL.

aka

LOL.

I'm coming for you next

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/189603-jimmy-garoppolo-thread/page4173/

post #62591

lol that's why I went back to look. NY is actually my guy we're just at odds on this one. I know he wants what's best for the team and I applaud his aggressiveness to try to prove his point.

There's a reason people have accused us of being the same person lol. I have a hard time letting things go as well

I do hope whatever happens the 49ers are a better team for it. With Jimmy, without. I just want to see us win a SB again. Sucks how close were were...I'm about ready to start putting on a tin foil hat thinking the NFL is out to get us.
So Kyle previously said he wouldn't bring Garoppolo back for meaningless games. How would you interpret that, given the cap hit Jimmy would have next season as it stands?

An interesting, comparative snippet:

The NFC West is home to three apparently indestructible starting quarterbacks.

And Jimmy Garoppolo.

The 49ers' QB, on injured reserve for the second time in three seasons, sticks out in a division in which his peers have not been sidelined.

Seattle's Russell Wilson hasn't missed a game in his 138-start career, the Rams' Jared Goff hasn't missed a game because of injury in his 64-start career and, though Arizona's Kyler Murray is just getting started, he has opened his career by making 26 straight starts.

The contrast with Garoppolo, who has suffered three significant injuries in his 32-start career, highlights a less-discussed aspect of the 49ers' much-discussed future decision on their QB.

That is, even if Garoppolo was a first-team All-Pro, the 49ers would need to significantly upgrade their backup spot in 2021 based on his inability to stay healthy.

Have all 3 simply been lucky?
Share 49ersWebzone