George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 136 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by OneNDone:
Exactly. Nobody is arguing interest, we're calling out the lie that Shanny "tried to trade for Stafford".

Why though?
cause we like to live in reality and facts.. and it's the offseason.

You do? Can you admit then that Kyle was interested in replacing Jimmy with Stafford? I mean,...since he's said it multiple times and all. We'll wait.
Exactly. Nobody is arguing interest, we're calling out the lie that Shanny "tried to trade for Stafford".

Why though?
cause we like to live in reality and facts.. and it's the offseason.

You do? Can you admit then that Kyle was interested in replacing Jimmy with Stafford? I mean,...since he's said it multiple times and all. We'll wait.
Did Kyle say he actually wanted to replace jimmy with Stafford ? no

Do i believe he was interested, yes

So Kyle was interested in replacing Jimmy with Stafford? Great. Let's move on.
[ Edited by random49er on Jul 29, 2021 at 10:20 AM ]

So Kyle was interested in replacing Jimmy with Stafford? Great. Let's move on.
lol i guess the interest wasn't that bad huh

Why though?

To point how how some have to over exaggerate and lie all the time for whatever reason.

There you go straying away from the reality of the matter. That's what you're interested in,...reality and facts right? We just went over them. Now onto something else.

There you go straying away from the reality of the matter. That's what you're interested in,...reality and facts right? We just went over them. Now onto something else.
lol

interest does not equal trading for
I really hope Jimmy balls out this season for multiple reasons.
1. He seems like a good guy and I think he has the skills to be successful in the league. If he can stay healthy and I hope he stays healthy this season.
2. He will up his value which will in turn up what we will get for him when we trade him.
3. He will be a good example to Trey on how to approach and play the position.
4. I want a super bowl title!
[ Edited by synigod on Jul 29, 2021 at 10:33 AM ]
lol

We didn't trade for Matthew Stafford. Yes, that is a fact.
lol

We didn't trade for Matthew Stafford. Yes, that is a fact.
finally

This conversation isn't amazing but I'll leave it at this.

Teams go into off-season interested in people at nearly every position. Jimmy G is often injured so it would be absolutely terrible coaching to not be at least interested in Stafford or Rodgers. But...interest in the grand scheme of things is nothing of importance. We had interest in Gio Bernard and DeDe Westbrook. We had interest in #1 wr Julio so does that mean anything negative about Debo or Aiyuk? No... Interest and actually making an offer are not the same.

Jimmy is our starting QB and they could've moved him if they wanted to. If you guys want someone to blame start at the coaching and fo. But no, they are sticking with him and there's no competition. Now I'm not a huge Jimmy fan myself but he's a lot better than our fans here make him out to be. We can win with him. We can also improve and we're trying, but a majority of the NFL can improve. How many of those 20 guys before Jimmy have even sniffed a winning season or playoffs? If others were so great why were they traded?
[ Edited by K1ngAsD3rek on Jul 29, 2021 at 10:55 AM ]
Originally posted by K1ngAsD3rek:
Teams go into off-season interested in people at nearly every position. Jimmy G is often injured so it would be absolutely terrible coaching to not be at least interested in Stafford or Rodgers. But...interest in the grand scheme of things is nothing of importance. We had interest in Gio Bernard and DeDe Westbrook. We had interest in #1 wr Julio so does that mean anything negative about Debo or Aiyuk? No... Interest and actually making an offer are not the same.

Jimmy is our starting QB and they could've moved him if they wanted to. If you guys want someone to blame start at the coaching and fo. But no, they are sticking with him and there's no competition. Now I'm not a huge Jimmy fan myself but he's a lot better than our fans here make him out to be. We can win with him. We can also improve and we're trying, but a majority of the NFL can improve. How many of those 20 guys before Jimmy have even sniffed a winning season or playoffs? If others were so great why were they traded?

Depends on what you mean by negative. The FO clearly thought Julio would have been an upgrade. But it's a question of opportunity cost. If Julio didn't cost a fortune, do you really believe they would not have made the move? Of course they would have. Julio wasn't traded for due to a variety of reasons, but none of those reasons were because the FO thought Deebo and Aiyuk were enough. That's not a knock on those two, other than to say Julio offers something more / different.

I don't think anyone has said interest and making an offer are the same thing. That's obvious.

They did move on from Jimmy. In fact, they traded the largest haul (could be wrong) in 49ers' history to do so.

"If others were so great why were they traded?" Couldn't we rephrase this as, "If others were so great why were they replaced via the draft?"
[ Edited by Polkadots on Jul 29, 2021 at 11:56 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kyle spoke to who's agent ?

if it's that same pod cast.. i didn't here the word agent at all. Lynch usually handles that stuff, so the "people" he said they talked to were most likely his own (Lynch & Co) who talked to Detroits People.

It was on the Peter Schrager pod, I thought he said he spoke to an agent…whomever he spoke to they said they didn't have to make a move until after the weekend, so clearly it was someone in the know. Someone else called him and said make a move now, but he clearly valued whomever he spoke to more on the first call…he said he wasn't happy about it. McVay said it all happened very fast. Sounded like he wasn't expecting it to happen when it did either.

End of the day who cares at the point…they were doing whatever the could to improve at the QB position. Stafford was an option….I have no idea why people in here are so bent out of shape over it (not saying you) It's over. Let's move on folks.
i think it's more of someone taking an interest to actual trading for someone which are two different things.

One thing that all should agree on is that we needed better QB play and a QB that can stay on the field

if we actually traded for him, he would be in SF lol....Who is saying we actually traded for him who would be arguing about that in there?

Yes he was interested in him and from his own mouth basically said he got bad info on when to throw an offer out there. McVay didn't even expect it to happen when it did.

Yes I agree, we needed better QB play and I think we got that. On to TC and real football
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by K1ngAsD3rek:
Sure it is. If they actually tried there'd be an offer. There wasn't. There never was.

Context, got listen to the pod when Kyle explained it in detail. He was told by his agent that they didn't have to make an offer until after the weekend.
Kyle spoke to who's agent ?

if it's that same pod cast.. i didn't here the word agent at all. Lynch usually handles that stuff, so the "people" he said they talked to were most likely his own (Lynch & Co) who relayed/talked to Detroits People.

Kyle said he was interested. It's over.
that has nothing to do with the claim of trying to trade for him

Kyle is interested in everyone.. as he and lynch expressed since day one

The latter sentence is b******t and there is no doubt that you are aware of that. You know, as does everyone here, that Kyle was actively looking to upgrade the starting QB position. Hence the discussions about Stafford. Hence the call about Rodgers. Hence the trading of two first round picks+ for the right to choose Trey Lance.
lol it's not BS. They have said that. You are trying to make interest into officially trying to trade for someone is false

We were tied to every avail QB.. it doesn't mean we tried to trade or sign everyone is the point

No, I'm not, and neither is anyone else here. This is what I'm saying: Kyle Shanahan wanted to upgrade the starting QB position. In doing so, he investigated opportunities to upgrade the starting QB position. One of those opportunities — one in which he obviously had intent to consummate if the intended negotiations would prove advantageous, according to the obvious inference from his own words — was with Matthew Stafford, who by said inference, he clearly believed would have been an upgrade.

Additionally, it is clear and obvious he viewed Aaron Rodgers as being a superior choice, both over Jimmy and Trey (and anyone else they might have considered to be draftable at 3). And rightfully so, as all video evidence suggests that is the case.

But at no point was my argument or anyone else's argument that we "officially attempted to trade" for anyone. Kyle has said that he wanted further opportunity to negotiate a trade, and that he lost the opportunity to do so due to incorrect information he was given. There is no other possible reasonable interpretation of the words that came out of his mouth.

"No, we just talked to people. I can sleep on this."

He would have nothing to "sleep on" if he didn't think Stafford was an upgrade. He wouldn't have even considered it, because no trade would have been worth it, short of Detroit giving us extra pics for Jimmy. Likewise with Rodgers. No call would have ever been made. And likewise with Trey. No trade would have been made.

But once again I must qualify this post: Just because Jimmy hasn't been good enough for our coach to be fully satisfied with in the past does not mean he hasn't made significant strides this off-season. Unlike 2019, when he threw 5 pics right off the bat, all signs indicated that he finally got better. The better he has gotten, the better our chances of winning a Super Bowl, and higher pick we'll get when we trade him next season.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Jul 29, 2021 at 12:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone