LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 127 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
I think it was more that Stafford wasn't interested in the 49ers.

Swimming in kerosene isn't advisable.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by K1ngAsD3rek:
Sure it is. If they actually tried there'd be an offer. There wasn't. There never was.

Context, got listen to the pod when Kyle explained it in detail. He was told by his agent that they didn't have to make an offer until after the weekend.
Kyle spoke to who's agent ?

if it's that same pod cast.. i didn't here the word agent at all. Lynch usually handles that stuff, so the "people" he said they talked to were most likely his own (Lynch & Co) who relayed/talked to Detroits People.

Kyle said he was interested. It's over.
that has nothing to do with the claim of trying to trade for him

Kyle is interested in everyone.. as he and lynch expressed since day one

The latter sentence is b******t and there is no doubt that you are aware of that. You know, as does everyone here, that Kyle was actively looking to upgrade the starting QB position. Hence the discussions about Stafford. Hence the call about Rodgers. Hence the trading of two first round picks+ for the right to choose Trey Lance.
lol it's not BS. They have said that. You are trying to make interest into officially trying to trade for someone is false

We were tied to every avail QB.. it doesn't mean we tried to trade or sign everyone is the point

No, I'm not, and neither is anyone else here. This is what I'm saying: Kyle Shanahan wanted to upgrade the starting QB position. In doing so, he investigated opportunities to upgrade the starting QB position. One of those opportunities — one in which he obviously had intent to consummate if the intended negotiations would prove advantageous, according to the obvious inference from his own words — was with Matthew Stafford, who by said inference, he clearly believed would have been an upgrade.

Additionally, it is clear and obvious he viewed Aaron Rodgers as being a superior choice, both over Jimmy and Trey (and anyone else they might have considered to be draftable at 3). And rightfully so, as all video evidence suggests that is the case.

But at no point was my argument or anyone else's argument that we "officially attempted to trade" for anyone. Kyle has said that he wanted further opportunity to negotiate a trade, and that he lost the opportunity to do so due to incorrect information he was given. There is no other possible reasonable interpretation of the words that came out of his mouth.

"No, we just talked to people. I can sleep on this."

He would have nothing to "sleep on" if he didn't think Stafford was an upgrade. He wouldn't have even considered it, because no trade would have been worth it, short of Detroit giving us extra pics for Jimmy. Likewise with Rodgers. No call would have ever been made. And likewise with Trey. No trade would have been made.

But once again I must qualify this post: Just because Jimmy hasn't been good enough for our coach to be fully satisfied with in the past does not mean he hasn't made significant strides this off-season. Unlike 2019, when he threw 5 pics right off the bat, all signs indicated that he finally got better. The better he has gotten, the better our chances of winning a Super Bowl, and higher pick we'll get when we trade him next season.
please show me where he said in his own words he wanted to negotiate a trade ?

You keep throwing jimmy fan stuff, but it's not going to work with me. The 49ers kick the tires on everyone every year. There was plenty of time to get the trade done if they needed to.

I wanted Watson and i feel the 49ers wanted him also. I also feel that is the reason Stafford wasn't an urgent need as we had options to upgrade QB still ahead of us with the possiblity of Watson and the draft (which was my offseason hopes at QB)

"A half an hour later, my buddy calls me. He's like, 'I'm just telling you, if you want Stafford, you need to get a hold of him right now.' I'm like, 'What do you mean? No, we just talked to people. I can sleep on this. We'll talk to him tomorrow."

Why would THEY be talking to "people" about Stafford, and why would THEY want to talk to him tomorrow, if the intent was not to attempt to negotiate a trade? And what other player have they done that with, since they "kick the tires on everyone every year?" The implication you are making is that they ALWAYS do exactly what they did here with respect to Stafford. Because you're trying to equate that with "kicking the tires," even though it's patently obvious the intent was to discuss trade parameters.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
damn bro i dont even remember this conversation lol. how long ago was that chain from?
I don't know I just looked at the last post I made and some of the replies. I don't normally spend a lot of time here until the preseason starts. Too many opportunities to get banned.

good post, btw very fair and a reply I pretty much 100% agreed with.

btw w/e happened to OneNDone? havent seen him
"A half an hour later, my buddy calls me. He's like, 'I'm just telling you, if you want Stafford, you need to get a hold of him right now.' I'm like, 'What do you mean? No, we just talked to people. I can sleep on this. We'll talk to him tomorrow."

Why would THEY be talking to "people" about Stafford, and why would THEY want to talk to him tomorrow, if the intent was not to attempt to negotiate a trade? And what other player have they done that with, since they "kick the tires on everyone every year?" The implication you are making is that they ALWAYS do exactly what they did here with respect to Stafford. Because you're trying to equate that with "kicking the tires," even though it's patently obvious the intent was to discuss trade parameters.

Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Wtf are you guys even arguing about? Training camp is here and as of now Jimmy is QB1. Move on

yeah seriously. we have actual content to talk about and they're still going back and forth about s**t that doesn't f**king matter all the way from the spring
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
NY is incorrect here. Kyle would have NOTHING to "sleep on" if at least some terms had not been discussed.

Dude the person he spoke to said not to make an offer until after the weekend lol. You choose to believe him or not. I don't care

I'm gonna believe what fits my narrative personally.

Well I hope at least Kyle had a nice vacation otherwise lol
Wtf are you guys even arguing about? Training camp is here and as of now Jimmy is QB1. Move on

yeah seriously. we have actual content to talk about and they're still going back and forth about s**t that doesn't f**king matter all the way from the spring

MaTT STaFfoRD….
Sure it is. If they actually tried there'd be an offer. There wasn't. There never was.

Context, got listen to the pod when Kyle explained it in detail. He was told by his agent that they didn't have to make an offer until after the weekend.

if it's that same pod cast.. i didn't here the word agent at all. Lynch usually handles that stuff, so the "people" he said they talked to were most likely his own (Lynch & Co) who relayed/talked to Detroits People.

The latter sentence is b******t and there is no doubt that you are aware of that. You know, as does everyone here, that Kyle was actively looking to upgrade the starting QB position. Hence the discussions about Stafford. Hence the call about Rodgers. Hence the trading of two first round picks+ for the right to choose Trey Lance.
lol it's not BS. They have said that. You are trying to make interest into officially trying to trade for someone is false

We were tied to every avail QB.. it doesn't mean we tried to trade or sign everyone is the point

No, I'm not, and neither is anyone else here. This is what I'm saying: Kyle Shanahan wanted to upgrade the starting QB position. In doing so, he investigated opportunities to upgrade the starting QB position. One of those opportunities — one in which he obviously had intent to consummate if the intended negotiations would prove advantageous, according to the obvious inference from his own words — was with Matthew Stafford, who by said inference, he clearly believed would have been an upgrade.

Additionally, it is clear and obvious he viewed Aaron Rodgers as being a superior choice, both over Jimmy and Trey (and anyone else they might have considered to be draftable at 3). And rightfully so, as all video evidence suggests that is the case.

But at no point was my argument or anyone else's argument that we "officially attempted to trade" for anyone. Kyle has said that he wanted further opportunity to negotiate a trade, and that he lost the opportunity to do so due to incorrect information he was given. There is no other possible reasonable interpretation of the words that came out of his mouth.

He would have nothing to "sleep on" if he didn't think Stafford was an upgrade. He wouldn't have even considered it, because no trade would have been worth it, short of Detroit giving us extra pics for Jimmy. Likewise with Rodgers. No call would have ever been made. And likewise with Trey. No trade would have been made.

But once again I must qualify this post: Just because Jimmy hasn't been good enough for our coach to be fully satisfied with in the past does not mean he hasn't made significant strides this off-season. Unlike 2019, when he threw 5 pics right off the bat, all signs indicated that he finally got better. The better he has gotten, the better our chances of winning a Super Bowl, and higher pick we'll get when we trade him next season.

You keep throwing jimmy fan stuff, but it's not going to work with me. The 49ers kick the tires on everyone every year. There was plenty of time to get the trade done if they needed to.

I wanted Watson and i feel the 49ers wanted him also. I also feel that is the reason Stafford wasn't an urgent need as we had options to upgrade QB still ahead of us with the possiblity of Watson and the draft (which was my offseason hopes at QB)

because we talk to all options that can help our team. That doesn't mean anything more

We've talked to Texans about Watson, we've talked to GB . add all other avail players that we've talked to and nothing happened. talk is talk

MaTT STaFfoRD….

This is all my fault. I can't stand it when people make ridiculous claims, and then it, uh, arouses my interest to rub people's nose in it like a dog after it craps on the carpet. I'm just a bully. It's true. I need Jesus.

*I do not endorse abusing animals, but I've seen the aforementioned punishment done by inbred trailer trash before.

because we talk to all options that can help our team. That doesn't mean anything more

We've talked to Texans about Watson, we've talked to GB . add all other avail players that we've talked to and nothing happened. talk is talk

This is a shameful cop-out, and I'm not gonna lie, your desperation to avoid reality is, uh, peaking my interest, so to speak.

Let's just be clear though: You believe Shanahan talking to the Lions, or Stafford's people, about possibly trading for Stafford, and then being undercut by the Rams, and Shanahan lamenting that fact, is exactly the same as whatever alleged inquiries we had about Watson, correct?
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Jul 29, 2021 at 12:44 PM ]

You've taught them well.
"McVay: "What did you think when you saw that we traded for Stafford?"

Shanahan: "You don't want to get me started, dude. That was frustrating."

Why would Shanahan be frustrated that McVay traded for Stafford if Shanahan didn't want to trade for Stafford?
"I was trying to get involved in it. Someone who had knowledge on the situation—I remember us talking to (Stafford's agent Tom) Condon, everyone just to find out when it was happening. I remember Saturday, I was so stressed out, and finally we talked to someone—it was like seven at night—and they're like, 'No, nothing's happening. At the earliest, til tomorrow, so you can finish your night.'"

Yep, definitely not interested in trading for Stafford. The cognitive dissonance is both amazing AND hysterical.

This is a shameful cop-out, and I'm not gonna lie, your desperation to avoid reality is, uh, peaking my interest, so to speak.

Let's just be clear though: You believe Shanahan talking to the Lions, or Stafford's people, about possibly trading for Stafford, and then being undercut by the Rams, and Shanahan lamenting that fact, is exactly the same as whatever alleged inquiries we had about Watson, correct?
We both agree we wanted upgrades, correct ?

I disagree on how bad Stafford was on Kyle's list. Due to not contacting Detriot until a week later when the Rams were already negotiating with Det

When the 49ers want someone, they don't wait. We either get them or find out we were outbid later
Share 49ersWebzone