LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 102 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
I think it was more that Stafford wasn't interested in the 49ers.

can't imagine why
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

can't imagine why

He probably looked at these qb forums and couldn't handle the pressure that us posters bring.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He's on a mission this season mostly because he knows he actually has some competition unlike last year with Beathard and BDN.

I don't think that is his his primary motivation. It is certainly in play, but Jimmy is essentially in a contract year. He plays well or better yet, wins a SB, he is gonna get paid. He knows he is gone. He also knows he has an excellent shot to get a ring here and make a whole lot of money from the team that trades for him. That IMO is his mission more so than Trey as competition
[ Edited by kansasninerfan on Jul 29, 2021 at 7:55 PM ]
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
He's on a mission this season mostly because he knows he actually has some competition unlike last year with Beathard and BDN.

I don't think that is his his primary motivation. It is certainly in play, but Jimmy is essentially in a contract year. He plays well or better yet, wins a SB, he is gonna get paid. He knows he is gone. He also knows he has an excellent shot to get a ring here and make a whole lot of money from the team that trades for him. That IMO is his mission more so than Trey as competition

pretty valid points. obviously he's thinking about his future. not Trey specifically and being the only factor in any sort of "motivation".
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

can't imagine why

He probably looked at these qb forums and couldn't handle the pressure that us posters bring.

totes
Hey guise! Did you hear Shanahan wanted Stafford?
How could you not root for this dude! A very ideal situation for both sides. Hope he balls out!
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:

lol, I've actually come to just understand Grant and his takes. Right or wrong.

Dude's an ass, but I think it's cool that he's opened the door for a lot of other analysis on SM. We will see, it's always funny to see how he breakdowns a practice vs other beat reporters.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Dude's an ass, but I think it's cool that he's opened the door for a lot of other analysis on SM. We will see, it's always funny to see how he breakdowns a practice vs other beat reporters.

Yeah kinda kills our trade options w/Jimmy,...but what team doesn't do their homework anyway? If Jimmy cant show continued improvement, he may be sitting by game 2.

Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
How could you not root for this dude! A very ideal situation for both sides. Hope he balls out!

100%
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:

pretty valid points. obviously he's thinking about his future. not Trey specifically and being the only factor in any sort of "motivation".

Jimmy should be motivated to just stay on the field. I hate it when a player needs motivation to play better when he's supposed to be the leader of the offense and makes millions of dollars. If that's not enough motivation than he's not a true leader.

People are weird
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah kinda kills our trade options w/Jimmy,...but what team doesn't do their homework anyway? If Jimmy cant show continued improvement, he may be sitting by game 2.

Trading Jimmy IMO is best case and shouldn't be a realistic thing at this point. I hope he plays well as long as he's here (or wherever he goes). I'd prefer a pay cut and letting him compete...give him his best chance in 2022 to find his own team and highest pay day elsewhere.
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:

People are weird

Is there really people in here not rooting for him to play well?
Share 49ersWebzone