LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 201 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
How could you not root for this dude! A very ideal situation for both sides. Hope he balls out!

People are weird

Is there really people in here not rooting for him to play well?

Not naming names, but I seen a few users the last day make calling him below average and refusing to acknowledge him as a member of the team. I just mute them
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jul 30, 2021 at 8:32 AM ]

I know some of y'all are going to immediately dismiss it because it's Cohn but most of the video is actually 2 other guys who were there yesterday analyzing the practice.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
He's on a mission this season mostly because he knows he actually has some competition unlike last year with Beathard and BDN.

I don't think that is his his primary motivation. It is certainly in play, but Jimmy is essentially in a contract year. He plays well or better yet, wins a SB, he is gonna get paid. He knows he is gone. He also knows he has an excellent shot to get a ring here and make a whole lot of money from the team that trades for him. That IMO is his mission more so than Trey as competition

pretty valid points. obviously he's thinking about his future. not Trey specifically and being the only factor in any sort of "motivation".

Jimmy should be motivated to just stay on the field. I hate it when a player needs motivation to play better when he's supposed to be the leader of the offense and makes millions of dollars. If that's not enough motivation than he's not a true leader.

oh without a doubt his lack of availability is a huge motivational factor in itself because of his injuries.
How could you not root for this dude! A very ideal situation for both sides. Hope he balls out!

People are weird

Not naming names, but I seen a few users the last day make calling him below average and refusing to acknowledge him as a member of the team. I just mute them

haven't seen such a thing at all in this thread

People are weird

Not naming names, but I seen a few users the last day make posts below average and refusing to acknowledge him as a member of the team. I just mute them

Both QB threads are terrible right now. Mods should just lock them and just keep the TC thread open if people really want to discuss their play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Both QB threads are terrible right now. Mods should just lock them and just keep the TC thread open if people really want to discuss their play.

agree,, one thread is almost starting to turn into.. hoping jimmy gets hurt
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

People are weird

Not naming names, but I seen a few users the last day make posts below average and refusing to acknowledge him as a member of the team. I just mute them

can't really disagree with this actually. it's amazing how fast the Trey Lance thread goes downhill before the dude has even taken an official NFL snap lol
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

I know some of y'all are going to immediately dismiss it because it's Cohn but most of the video is actually 2 other guys who were there yesterday analyzing the practice.

I refuse to knowingly click on anything connected to grant cohn

I despise that troll

Feel free to summarize it for us
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

I despise that troll

he had a bad day, can't throw outside the hash, same 'ol Jimmy g
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:

I despise that troll

Basically what everyone already knows. He's limited physically and really is only efficient between the numbers. He just can't get it done outside the numbers.

Good video. Sounds like he's the same ol' sorry ass Jimmy that he's always been.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

People are weird

haven't seen such a thing at all in this thread

Look in the Trey thread
Thanks for summarizing the video guys
Originally posted by Jack49ers84:

Good video. Sounds like he's the same ol' sorry ass Jimmy that he's always been.

I don't think Jimmy is a sorry ass QB but I have believed he is limited. I was hoping most of that was due to the injury in 2018 but at this point it sounds like what we see is what we get.

I was hoping Jimmy would come out this season making throws we haven't seen him make for some years now.
There is nothing honest at all about any of Cohn's assessments. He is the kid that probably got his ass kicked regularly in school because he always thought he was smarter than everyone else and let them know it, when actually he wasn't very smart at all but was just anxious for attention. He has certainly never played football and may not have even been on the tennis or golf team, which is the kind of athlete he looks like he might have been if he was ever an athlete at all.

He changes his mind like most people change their socks. He has been calling Javon Kinlaw a bust since the day he was drafted then, a few months ago, somebody who actually knows what they are talking, Baldinger I think, did a breakdown on what he saw as Kinlaw's strengths and all of the sudden Cohn changed his tune and did a piece about how Kinlaw might be poised for a breakout season this year, Then, yesterday he was back to saying Kinlaw was a wasted draft pick because he had to sit out when his knee swelled up a bit. It's just all about clicks with him.

All of the good beat reporters talk about what is going on with the team without inserting themselves too much into the narrative. Cohn's pieces are all about what he thinks, and what he would do, and why he is so much smarter than Lynch and Shanahan, which seems to be the MO for all of the talking head types these days. And for the record, I do watch some of his good and bad camp reports because they at least offer an on field perspective of what has happened during the day, though you have to take them with a grain of salt because they betray all of his usual biases. I will also watch some of his draft reports just for their sheer comic value, but other that I mostly stay away.

It's unfortunate that when you go to YouTube looking for 49er news it's always Cohn who has the most posts, or the 49ers Report, who are an equally clueless bunch. Too bad nobody serious has a site devoted to regular 49ers postings. Though I will say the news feed on this web site does a good job of collecting the various reports from all of the more legitimate sources and David Bonilla is always on top of summarizing the top stories. So kudos to him. I like John Chapman but I don't see his things posted very often.
Share 49ersWebzone