LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 193 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Niners absolutely could get a first for Garoppolo. They have ZERO motivation to move him. Colts season is on the brink. Just look at what happened to the Niners when QBs went down. Doesn't matter how great your roster is.

This about leverage, not personal opinions on the player. Colts are f**ked.

Or the Colts could simply trade for someone else? Minshew and Mariotta was brought up and I'm not so sure Jimmy is much better in the Colts eyes

Sure but they won't win.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Haha you guys who think we're all of a sudden trading Jimmy to the Colts, that's funny lol. Oh I'm sure they'd love to get Jimmy now realizing the damaged goods they can't get rid of right now. The money just simply doesn't even work. Actually they'd probably love to get Bridgewater before any of those other guys, he's the most stable besides Jimmy.

Agreed it's wishful thinking that the colts would pay one injury ridden QB 20+ mil and then give up draft capital for another injury ridden QB for an extra 25m.

JG should be the starter and if he can get 8+ games in without injury its a win. Yeah 25m is allot for 8 games but Lance needs all the time he can get. We need to remember he hasnt prepared for an NFL game yet, hasnt gone through the week to week grind of preparing for the next team. The price is steep but basically they are paying 25m to prepare Lance to hit his potential. If that is the key factor in getting Lance to hit his massive potential Im sure most fans would be happy to pay 25m this year for JG to mentor "the next great thing" and enjoy a rookie contract of a top tier QB for the next 3.

Its often forgotten that the chiefs gave Alex Smith $45m guaranteed before Mahomes took over. IIRC Favre also signed a contract extension right before Rodgers took over but I could be wrong on that.

Point being, young QBs usually do better when given time to acclimate to the game before getting thrown into the fire. Especially with Lance's limited experience, not saying he cant pull off a Herbert-like season but he is not as polished as allot of the rookie QBs who had success coming out of the gates as a starter week 1. The time for trading him has passed and it is what it is, hopefully for the better in terms of maximizing the potential of the future franchise QB.
Niners absolutely could get a first for Garoppolo. They have ZERO motivation to move him. Colts season is on the brink. Just look at what happened to the Niners when QBs went down. Doesn't matter how great your roster is.

This about leverage, not personal opinions on the player. Colts are f**ked.

Or the Colts could simply trade for someone else? Minshew and Mariotta was brought up and I'm not so sure Jimmy is much better in the Colts eyes

Sure but they won't win.

Oh okay got it
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Lol let's trade Jimmy to the Colts and start the season with a 20 year old rookie QB from North Dakota who hasn't played a full football season in nearly 2 years with a roster that's trying to get back to the super bowl.

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Lol let's keep hoping for Jimmy to play this season like we did in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and maybe we can get a full football season like 2 years ago. Hmmm funny that you knocking Lance for his lone 2019 season and yet…..

show me where I was "knocking" Lance in that post. I want him to kick ass. But it isn't going to be this year. It's already been proven over and over again, this team can win when Jimmy is under center. And with the best OLine he's had since he's got here ,Aiyuk, Deebo, & Kittle to throw to. I love our chances at taking another shot at a deep playoff run.
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jul 30, 2021 at 3:02 PM ]
Lol let's trade Jimmy to the Colts and start the season with a 20 year old rookie QB from North Dakota who hasn't played a full football season in nearly 2 years with a roster that's trying to get back to the super bowl.

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Lol let's keep hoping for Jimmy to play this season like we did in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and maybe we can get a full football season like 2 years ago. Hmmm funny that you knocking Lance for his lone 2019 season and yet…..

show me where I was "knocking" Lance in that post. I want him to kick ass. But it isn't going to be this year. It's already been proven over and over again, this team can win when Jimmy is under center. And with the best OLine he's had since he's got here ,Aiyuk, Deebo, & Kittle to throw to. I love our chances at taking another shot at a deep playoff run.

Really?

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

Now If I would've posted something like "Trey is a massively overrated Kaepernick clone and John and Kyle are morons for giving up 3 first round picks for a player who isn't expected to start anytime this year, they were better off drafting Kyle Pitts " you'd have a point
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jul 30, 2021 at 3:42 PM ]

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

Now If I would've posted something like "Trey is a massively overrated Kaepernick clone and John and Kyle are morons for giving up 3 first round picks for a player who isn't expected to start anytime this year, they were better off drafting Kyle Pitts " you'd have a point

it's like people dont understand the difference between objective fact (1+1=2) and subjective opinion (vanilla is the worst ice cream flavor).
Originally posted by boast:

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

it's like people dont understand the difference between objective fact (1+1=2) and subjective opinion (vanilla is the worst ice cream flavor).

Where did I say you lied?

I just find it funny that you mentioned Lance not playing a full football season in nearly 2 years (2019) and yet the same can be said about Jimmy no?

boast, you commenting to me? Just curious
Originally posted by boast:

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

Where did I say you lied?

I just find it funny that you mentioned Lance not playing a full football season in nearly 2 years (2019) and yet the same can be said about Jimmy no?

boast, you commenting to me? Just curious

Again, not "knocking" just stated facts. Also Jimmy has been in the league since 2014 and has proven that he's a damn good qb who wins games when healthy, for how limited it was, played more football than Trey in 2020, on an ankle that was inches from snapping. apples and oranges

can we AT LEAST see what Trey does in the preseason before even considering getting rid of the best QB we've had since Young and Garcia?
[ Edited by Aj_hwd954 on Jul 30, 2021 at 5:01 PM ]
Both of the below comments - you can tell these guys appreciate both QBs and are happy the QB room is just so much better this year.

Trent Williams:
"Jimmy's been great. Jimmy's been great. Trey's been great. Literally, you couldn't tell that there's anything there – no animosity. Jimmy's been a very good professional. Honestly, this is Jimmy's team. I don't think there's ever been a question in that.

But like I said before, we had an opportunity to grab one of the best players in the draft. I think that was too good of an opportunity to pass up. But from what I can tell, Jimmy's been a great leader like he's always been and Trey's been a great learner."

George Kittle:
"Yeah, definitely what Trent just said. I think you get an opportunity to grab a really good, really talented player, and we brought him in. And Jimmy G is Jimmy G; He's a hell of a football player. He's got a quick release and he's the leader of this football team and he has been ever since he's been here, since 2017.

They've been fantastic. They bounce ideas off each other – obviously very different styles of quarterback. But they're good leaders and they're both great in the huddle and they're both just fun to watch play."

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Why are you guys so eager to trade Jimmy G.

If people deem Trey is good enough, you know that all the draftniks here salivate over having a 1st round pick year in, year out.
Again, not "knocking" just stated facts. Also Jimmy has been in the league since 2014 and has proven that he's a damn good qb who wins games when healthy, for how limited it was, played more football than Trey in 2020, on an ankle that was inches from snapping. apples and oranges

can we AT LEAST see what Trey does in the preseason before even considering getting rid of the best QB we've had since Young and Garcia?

We can't get rid of him. We're just posters.
JG has his sights on TB. No doubt he dreams about an NFC show down. He's got a lot to play for this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Any word when Wentz's scan is coming back?
Jimmy seems loose, like he has nothing to lose. Which he doesn't. If he stays healthy I look for a BIG year from him. Stats wise and wins wise.

Dude dropped an F bomb in his presser. I like the look and feel of this Jimmy.
Share 49ersWebzone