Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by boast:
Lol let's trade Jimmy to the Colts and start the season with a 20 year old rookie QB from North Dakota who hasn't played a full football season in nearly 2 years with a roster that's trying to get back to the super bowl.

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Lol let's keep hoping for Jimmy to play this season like we did in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and maybe we can get a full football season like 2 years ago. Hmmm funny that you knocking Lance for his lone 2019 season and yet…..

show me where I was "knocking" Lance in that post. I want him to kick ass. But it isn't going to be this year. It's already been proven over and over again, this team can win when Jimmy is under center. And with the best OLine he's had since he's got here ,Aiyuk, Deebo, & Kittle to throw to. I love our chances at taking another shot at a deep playoff run.

Really?

Where's the lies?

Now If I would've posted something like "Trey is a massively overrated Kaepernick clone and John and Kyle are morons for giving up 3 first round picks for a player who isn't expected to start anytime this year, they were better off drafting Kyle Pitts " you'd have a point

it's like people dont understand the difference between objective fact (1+1=2) and subjective opinion (vanilla is the worst ice cream flavor).

Where did I say you lied?

I just find it funny that you mentioned Lance not playing a full football season in nearly 2 years (2019) and yet the same can be said about Jimmy no?

boast, you commenting to me? Just curious

Again, not "knocking" just stated facts. Also Jimmy has been in the league since 2014 and has proven that he's a damn good qb who wins games when healthy, for how limited it was, played more football than Trey in 2020, on an ankle that was inches from snapping. apples and oranges

can we AT LEAST see what Trey does in the preseason before even considering getting rid of the best QB we've had since Young and Garcia?

No one can seriously argue Smith and Kap were better then JG right?

They definitely had more successful careers.

in terms of avoiding injury most of the time? Jimmy's is still ongoing. pretty premature comparison.
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Lol let's trade Jimmy to the Colts and start the season with a 20 year old rookie QB from North Dakota who hasn't played a full football season in nearly 2 years with a roster that's trying to get back to the super bowl.

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Lol let's keep hoping for Jimmy to play this season like we did in 2018, 2019, and 2020 and maybe we can get a full football season like 2 years ago. Hmmm funny that you knocking Lance for his lone 2019 season and yet…..

show me where I was "knocking" Lance in that post. I want him to kick ass. But it isn't going to be this year. It's already been proven over and over again, this team can win when Jimmy is under center. And with the best OLine he's had since he's got here ,Aiyuk, Deebo, & Kittle to throw to. I love our chances at taking another shot at a deep playoff run.

Really?

Where's the lies?

Now If I would've posted something like "Trey is a massively overrated Kaepernick clone and John and Kyle are morons for giving up 3 first round picks for a player who isn't expected to start anytime this year, they were better off drafting Kyle Pitts " you'd have a point

it's like people dont understand the difference between objective fact (1+1=2) and subjective opinion (vanilla is the worst ice cream flavor).

I just find it funny that you mentioned Lance not playing a full football season in nearly 2 years (2019) and yet the same can be said about Jimmy no?

Again, not "knocking" just stated facts. Also Jimmy has been in the league since 2014 and has proven that he's a damn good qb who wins games when healthy, for how limited it was, played more football than Trey in 2020, on an ankle that was inches from snapping. apples and oranges

can we AT LEAST see what Trey does in the preseason before even considering getting rid of the best QB we've had since Young and Garcia?

They definitely had more successful careers.

in terms of avoiding injury most of the time? Jimmy's is still ongoing. pretty premature comparison.

Well up to this point, they both have definitely had more successful careers.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

2012 Kap > 2019 Jimmy

FACTS

That's like saying Jordan is better than Jabbar = FACTS. Problem is that is an opinion because it's entirely subjective which is the opposite of a fact.
Personally I watched Kap hold onto the ball for what seemed like an hour too many times and make mistakes in times where it was the only outcome we couldn't afford. Jimmy makes his bonehead plays but it seemed like Kap made them at the absolute worst time. Jimmy made them in the middle of the second quarter and then was a part of leading the team back for a win at the end of the game. That's why I think Jimmy was better. End result is that both will not be on our team next year and Trey is the future.
Originally posted by RedGoldSquatch:
That's like saying Jordan is better than Jabbar = FACTS. Problem is that is an opinion because it's entirely subjective which is the opposite of a fact.

Uhm,...just in case you didn't notice the plurality of "FACTS" in reply to a singular point,...the saying is a figure of speech.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Best seasons ..

Qb1
4008 total yards 20 total tds 10 interceptions 86.4 rating 58.1 QBR

QB2
4040 total yards 27 total tds, 13 interceptions, 102 rating 60.8 QBR.

Both had the ball in the hands to win it at the end of the SB. Both choked.

It's Treys Dey!

I mean. You can fully blame Jimmy for the loss if you want to. Imo the defense loss that super bowl and it started at 3rd & 15
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
This is Jimmy Garoppolo's Team

For how long Is the question? 🤔

Until he gets hurt or starts costing the Niners games …
I mean. You can fully blame Jimmy for the loss if you want to. Imo the defense loss that super bowl and it started at 3rd & 15

So then Jimmy's never lost a Super Bowl? Okay.
Best seasons ..

Qb1
4008 total yards 20 total tds 10 interceptions 86.4 rating 58.1 QBR

QB2
4040 total yards 27 total tds, 13 interceptions, 102 rating 60.8 QBR.

Both had the ball in the hands to win it at the end of the SB. Both choked.

It's Treys Dey!

I think you could make the same argument that the refs were the direct culprit on that 3rd and 15. Bosa was practically tackled and fondled on the way down and no one threw the laundry. That completion shifted momentum and cost us the game. If they call that directly their drive dies and we can pound them until the clock runs out instead of even attempting the throws that got knocked down.
Originally posted by random49er:

That's just a silly thing to say. Of course he was the starter that lost in a Super bowl. Did Matt Ryan cost the Falcons the Superbowl to the Patriots with his 144 QB rating?

Just because you were behind center and lost doesn't mean you were the reason you lost.
A new QB that hasn't played in 2 years, never went up against Division 1 caliber competition versus a QB that went to the SB. This is a tough one if the new guy starts and can't cut it and we trade the old QB, what next? Maybe this guy is the Next Big Thing, however, the odds are against it.

Originally posted by random49er:

Lol @ blaming the D.. lawd smh.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Dsoto87:

Jesus tap dancing Christ

Really?

Where's the lies?

2012 Kap > 2019 Jimmy

FACTS

Both had every chance to win but both literally threw away a Super Bowl... They're pretty equal I'd say.

Kap didn't really have much help from his D In the Superbowl though fwiw.

Kap didn't have help from his special teams either.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
A new QB that hasn't played in 2 years, never went up against Division 1 caliber competition versus a QB that went to the SB. This is a tough one if the new guy starts and can't cut it and we trade the old QB, what next? Maybe this guy is the Next Big Thing, however, the odds are against it.

I don't think the odds are against it at all. He clearly has the talent and mental make up to be the future of our franchise. That's not in question. The only question is if starting on week 1 gives him the best chance to reach that. Those odds aren't great based on the past. But given just a little time (even half a season) he can get there and exceed even the most homer's expectations.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
How did we go from "It takes 2 years to learn this offense" to "Trade JG and start a rookie" ?
Originally posted by Crown:
How did we go from "It takes 2 years to learn this offense" to "Trade JG and start a rookie" ?
Share 49ersWebzone