There are 160 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by NCommand:
This about sums it up for the anything-but-Jimmy crowd.

They just love moving goalposts.

Are there really anybody but Jimmy people on this board? We all witnessed a s**t QB with Hoyer, CJ and Nick. I refuse to believe people actually think anybody but Jimmy, so will continue to believe anyone who posts about them are just trolling.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Jonnydel destroying false narratives one play at a time...
Niners fans keep listening to these brain dead 49ers bloggers and podcasters just circle jerking each other and spreading BS. I'm looking at you Eric Crocker!
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Sep 22, 2021 at 10:39 AM ]
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Are there really anybody but Jimmy people on this board? We all witnessed a s**t QB with Hoyer, CJ and Nick. I refuse to believe people actually think anybody but Jimmy, so will continue to believe anyone who posts about them are just trolling.

I'm still on the "Lance should start" wagon, but I don't deny that Jimmy is very solid at the short / intermediate game and elite at 3rd/4th and 1 sneaks. I'm very interested to see the running game this weekend, specifically to see if Lance is used or not. I can accept that the Eagles defensive front was not a good opportunity to insert Lance, but that argument doesn't apply against GB.
Jonnydel destroying false narratives one play at a time...

This. Jonnydel knows what he's talking about.
Those people extend beyond this board. Confirmation bias is real. If you want to believe something, everything you see is going to confirm it.

I'm on the sideline in this whole debate. I can't wait to see this offense with Trey in it. But damn, I lived through the dynasty years. I haven't seen the Niners hoist the Lombardi since '95. Screw stats and a flashy offense at this point. I just want to live to see #6 and then we can go 4-13 next season with Trey having 4 interception games like Zack Wilson without me getting upset.

I just want to win now. Pretty wins, ugly wins, I don't GAF. I just want to win. As long as Jimmy keeps winning, he can have -5 yds per game, I don't care.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Sep 22, 2021 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Here is my big problem with the passing offense so far. Its all deebo. No kittle, aiyuk. Juice, etc. This is NOT what I like to see on offense. I'd like to see 6,7,8 different receivers. Spread the ball around. I don't know if this is Jimmy, Shanahan, or a little bit of both.

I agree. My guess is it is a little bit of both. We all know Kyle can highlight those guys and get them open. Also, it seems Jimmy trusts Deebo a whole lot. But we all know Jimmy trusts Kittle a whole lot also. We have seen Sherfield and Jennings catch td passes. I imagine its only a matter of time before Kittle and Aiyuk start to be featured.
jonnydel doin the lord's work
Those people extend beyond this board. Confirmation bias is real. If you want to believe something, everything you see is going to confirm it.

I'm on the sideline in this whole debate. I can't wait to see this offense with Trey in it. But damn, I lived through the dynasty years. I haven't seen the Niners hoist the Lombardi since '95. Screw stats and a flashy offense at this point. I just want to live to see #6 and then we can go 4-13 next season with Trey having 4 interception games like Zack Wilson without me getting upset.

I just want to win now. Pretty wins, ugly wins, I don't GAF. I just want to win. As long as Jimmy keeps winning, he can have -5 yds per game, I don't care.

Totally agree.
Originally posted by father49er:

Totally agree.

.when Jimmy is healthy its very hard to argue with his results here. I get it he isnt a top 10 QB but i think at his best hes borderline there and i would argue he is consistently a top 16 QB
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Here is my big problem with the passing offense so far. Its all deebo. No kittle, aiyuk. Juice, etc. This is NOT what I like to see on offense. I'd like to see 6,7,8 different receivers. Spread the ball around. I don't know if this is Jimmy, Shanahan, or a little bit of both.

Years and years of people clamoring for a #1 WR, now that we have one it's a problem?

Well said! Now let's shut this thread down I don't think there's anything else to say!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by NCommand:

And yet people are bashing the passing offense.

Only those who struggle with the concept of team football, reality, or both.

The reality is that those passing numbers benefited significantly from playing the Lions who were the worst defense in the league last year and don't look any better this year. DVOA is worthless until about week 6 when they start factoring in strength of opponent.

The numbers were also effected by playing the Eagles.

The Eagles haven't proven that they're a good defense. They were 15th in defensive DVOA last year. Maybe they've improved dramatically since then, but there isn't a large enough sample size to say either way.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm still on the "Lance should start" wagon, but I don't deny that Jimmy is very solid at the short / intermediate game and elite at 3rd/4th and 1 sneaks. I'm very interested to see the running game this weekend, specifically to see if Lance is used or not. I can accept that the Eagles defensive front was not a good opportunity to insert Lance, but that argument doesn't apply against GB.

I totally understand why ppl have this opinion. ie: its not that big a drop off between Jimmy and a still learning Lance. And that his arm and running ability can make up for any of the growing pains. Its a valid argument.

I can definitely see this point of view, but idk that we win that Eagles game without Jimmy. I didn't think the Eagles D was all that great. Its definitely underrated. I felt like they were much more built for speed and the pass rush. Did not expect them to give us that many fits in the run game. So I don't know that putting the rookie out there would have resulted in better production in the 1st half.

Granted, Jimmy's just as much a part of that slow start as the rest of the offense, but lets not pretend like he was the only one missing. There were drops. There was penetration(first play was a blatant offside/lined up in the neutral zone). But if we're criticizing him for the 1st half, we gotta give him credit for the drive before halftime and the 2nd half. NFL games are tough, this offseason was tough. I'm trying to take the preseason with a grain of salt. And these first two games, as an extended pre-season.

That gritty, grind out game, was good for our squad. It built trust and confidence that we can hopefully continue to build upon. We'll need to win more of those tough 1 score games.

I am also interested in seeing how KS will establish a running game with our depleted depth. If we're using Lance, he's still gotta have to RB to handoff or fake it to. The nice thing is he's a bigger and young guy that can absorb those hits. I really like Mitchell, but one hit could aggravate that shoulder stinger again. There were issues with the mesh point handoffs, that could be reappear with new RBs(Kerryon & Jacques). I was very confident about beating GB at the start of the season, but the running game has me a little worried. I'm looking forward to seeing how the KS attacks this one.

Originally posted by father49er:

Totally agree.

+2, the bold.
Share 49ersWebzone