There are 177 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

that last sentence shows this guy is full of s**t.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Sinsation:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Jimmy Garoppolo pocket mobility >>>>> Trey Lance pocket mobility

Jimmy has greatly improved that this year I've noticed.

Jimmy looks more nimble, but Trey is by far the better runner.

Pocket mobility is not the same as being a runner. Tom Brady might be the slowest player in the NFL but has great pocket mobility.
Originally posted by jonnydel:

Pocket mobility is not the same as being a runner. Tom Brady might be the slowest player in the NFL but has great pocket mobility.

same with Aaron Rodgers. not the fastest runner but his movement in the pocket is elite.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, I shouldn't just say better runner, Trey is also more mobile in the pocket.

Yeah, I shouldn't just say better runner, Trey is also more mobile in the pocket.

Is he? That would be awesome if true, not sure I can definitively say that right now though
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tman:

Is he? That would be awesome if true, not sure I can definitively say that right now though

From the tape he looks real mobile, I don't know what you've been looking at.
Originally posted by boast:

Like I always say, numbers lie and liars use numbers. You can say he had the lowest air yards - we ran like 12 effing screens. Why? How good was our run game? Serious question. How good? We had one big run to Hasty - late in the game AFTER we ran about 11 screens and before that we were at about 2 yards per carry.
PHI's D line was penetrating aggressively every. single. play. It was an attempt to slow them down. It worked. It opened up a big run to set up a touchdown late in the game.

But sure, "lowest of any week 2 starter" without any context to the chess match of the game. It's why I don't give 2 rat farts about these kinds of "analysis".

Ehhhh, I would definitely disagree there. From what I saw in pre-season, Trey really needs to learn NFL pocket navigation. Led to a couple sacks in pre-season not understanding his depths and climbing the pocket or maneuvering while staying in a throwing position.

Like I always say, numbers lie and liars use numbers. You can say he had the lowest air yards - we ran like 12 effing screens. Why? How good was our run game? Serious question. How good? We had one big run to Hasty - late in the game AFTER we ran about 11 screens and before that we were at about 2 yards per carry.
PHI's D line was penetrating aggressively every. single. play. It was an attempt to slow them down. It worked. It opened up a big run to set up a touchdown late in the game.

But sure, "lowest of any week 2 starter" without any context to the chess match of the game. It's why I don't give 2 rat farts about these kinds of "analysis".

this is how most of "the club" push their narratives.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Jonnydel destroying false narratives one play at a time...
Niners fans keep listening to these brain dead 49ers bloggers and podcasters just circle jerking each other and spreading BS. I'm looking at you Eric Crocker!

The clowns on Niners Nation are the worst.

• thl408

I keep saying that air yards is a function of the offense/gameplan, not the QB. Especially when using that stat for one game. Screen passes take the decision making process out of the QB's hands because he has to throw the screen pass - he has no choice, he's executing the playcall. If Jimmy attempted a hail mary, would that bump the air yards up to 5? Is that how that stat works? If so, that illustrates how silly that stat is.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Ehhhh, I would definitely disagree there. From what I saw in pre-season, Trey really needs to learn NFL pocket navigation. Led to a couple sacks in pre-season not understanding his depths and climbing the pocket or maneuvering while staying in a throwing position.

Yeah, a couple of his sacks were on him, but he has shown he can get away from the pressure pretty well.

this is how most of "the club" push their narratives.

This. The only time I see anything they put out via Twitter or whatever is when it gets posted in here, unfortunately. Not worth the time of day.

Yeah, a couple of his sacks were on him, but he has shown he can get away from the pressure pretty well.

Right, but that's not the same as pocket mobility. Getting away from pressure can be just bailing out of the pocket - we saw Kaerpernick do that a bunch of times. We also got real tired of seeing him unable to navigate an unclean pocket.
Share 49ersWebzone