There are 147 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by fan49:
I'm over it. Can't remember the last time he had 3 straight solid games.

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

We need an identity and Jimmy isn't the player that will give us one.

Where are you getting your information?

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?

They spent 3 first round picks to try and replace him lol. At this point no one cares that Kittle thinks Jimmy is an awesome guy.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Hmmm…

Saints are suddenly on the hunt for a new QB…

Hmmm…

but trading Jimmy now, with no vet QB to help out, puts Trey right back into the fire.

I wouldn't trade JG to NO but if they offered 2 first round picks it would be very tempting.

I seriously doubt they offer that much though.

I'd pull that trade for one first round pick…

Jimmy is not worth a first. I don't know where people think or get that he is. The other teams that played against him know for the most part the defense and running game took us to the Super Bowl. Second off if somebody gave us a second or third right now you take that in a heartbeat. Not just because it is fair value but because we have no first round picks for two years

Nope! He's worth a first, easy.

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?

They spent 3 first round picks to try and replace him lol. At this point no one cares that Kittle thinks Jimmy is an awesome guy.

I care. Kittle cares. That is all that matters.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

the first sentence, the result is someone is getting fired. maybe you? The second sentence, when you say no one, you mean everyone, including you, or you wouldn't have written the sentence in the first place.

We're riding jimmy's back this year. get with it or get gone.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Dude...let.it.go.
You've been harping on this and will all year. We ALL get it. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over and over.

You posted about this well over 200 times. It's not happening until either next season or we get eliminated from playoff contention.

Let. It. Go.

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Personally I'd see if we can get a trade offer for him
He's worth more than he will be in three games and we're not getting a penny if he finishes the season as a niner. We need as many draft picks as we can get

At this point hes worth more to us than anyone else. Lance isnt ready, or we'd have moved on already. If Lance isnt ready, Shanahan isn't throwing him out there. Garoppolo is the perfect fit for the current iteration of this team. We can win now and develop Lance correctly. Who cares about the 3rd rounder someone gives us for Jimmy if Lance gets ruined by starting too early?

You really serious? Thinking we can win the Super Bowl? Look 2011 2019 I felt we were unstoppable as a Niner fan. This season at best we're going to be a wildcard team. And not only that there's probably 10 teams that would beat us nine out of 10 times. I'm not trying to be sarcastic I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer I'm trying to be realistic. I used to be that guy that my mindset would live or die with whether the Niners won or lost. After 2011 and 2019 I've learned not to do that I stay even keel. I know what Jimmy is and I know what he's not. He's not a world beater and for our team to win the Super Bowl that's what he hast to be . And the most will get out of Jimmy is three or four games like yesterday

I really doubt anyone here seriously is thinking about a Superbowl. After the Rams just got better today with Von......We are just sitting on our thumbs.

Yeah, a lot of fans would rather go to the wild card and go one and done. It is mostly pride.

Firstly because Kyle needs to string together some winning seasons, because his head coaching record is a joke.

Secondly, because Niner fans don't want to look bad by giving Miami a good draft pick next year. Although personally, I don't give a f**k about this. I'd rather see Trey develop.

Regardless though, most people who want Trey's development to be postponed to 2022 will be back on these forums b***hing about how terrible hes been playing when he is named the starter. People have made their bed and have their allegiances to certain players, instead of the team. It's kind of sad.

He is currently developing. Every throw in practice is safe development where neither his body nor his mind are at risk for being harmed. Every QB room meeting, every film session, every play call he hears in the headset or from Shanahan on the sideline.

No, they aren't live bullets, so perhaps they aren't as powerful a learning device, but it's still development.
If Trey's not good next year it won't be because he sat this year.

Derp lol. Yeah not playing football for a couple yrs is gonna help him play football in 2022. For sure! Man if all these rookie QBs just didn't play football for 2+ yrs that would get them where they need to be.

all you crying about Mahomes and sitting better NOT be calling this kid a bust in 2022 if he doesn't play like Pat did.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I think I'm in the same camp as you tbh.

I really don't care if we're not throwing deep… the point is to be less like predictable. And that's exactly what we've been for most of the season.

I'm happy Jimmy was able to attack more parts of the field this game.

Oh man,...really wish I could share this same type of enthusiasm but we had literally 1 completion beyond 5 yards to the outside,...and when I call that area outside I'm being really generous:

The other 2 were incompletions. So I cant help but think about what's going to happen when better defenses take away the obvious areas to play and again dare us to pass outside,...which obviously the Bears weren't able to accomplish.

My guess is Jimmy is adverse to throwing toward the sidelines due to the INTs he's thrown there.
It seems like there's something you cannot grasp. You said it yourself Jimmy's main job is to protect Ray from getting damaged early. So right now what you're saying is we're not winning the Super Bowl this year. And Jimmy is here to keep Trey protected for next year. The problem you have here is that tray will be just as good game one next season as he is right now if he doesn't get game time experience. So in your eyes and in your words you're burning this year and next season. You're basically saying we're not gonna give the 49ers a shot this season or next season

Nah. Most likely Trey will get all the first team reps next year. He will be better.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

6,000 pages says you will…

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I can't even begin on this one

Yeah I know you can't. All we will have according to the roster is Alex Mack in Trent Williams

Alex Mack AND Trent Williams. And. You sound wasted af.

No it's Mack IN Williams. I don't think you understand just how "close" offensively linemen are to each other.

More like Jimmy has elite leadership skills and a magnetic personality. People are drawn to him.
Moreover, teammates hear the noise. They know the things people say about their friend.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
6,000 pages says you will…

6,000 more pages pointing out that what he's doing right now is not improving himself the way playing football would be....get ready
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
More like Jimmy has elite leadership skills and a magnetic personality. People are drawn to him.
Moreover, teammates hear the noise. They know the things people say about their friend.

Jimmy is the vet and been here as long or longer then most players in the locker room. There's respect there. He's not an awful QB BUT he's clearly replaceable and isn't the future.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who cares about the chiefs and Mahomes. That's not the norm and let's stop pretending it is.

screwing up his development lol. Yup that scout team work is really getting him prepared to be the starter…had over 5 months of sitting there and got thrown into the game week 5, he looked totally prepared.

Dude...let.it.go.
You've been harping on this and will all year. We ALL get it. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over and over.

You posted about this well over 200 times. It's not happening until either next season or we get eliminated from playoff contention.

Let. It. Go.

Don't worry about NYniner85, he is just Channelling Grant Cohn. Number 1 disciple
Share 49ersWebzone