Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm over it. Can't remember the last time he had 3 straight solid games.

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

We need an identity and Jimmy isn't the player that will give us one.

Where are you getting your information?

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?

More like Jimmy has elite leadership skills and a magnetic personality. People are drawn to him.
Moreover, teammates hear the noise. They know the things people say about their friend.

You think they care what a bunch of worthless hater fans that constantly hate on their teammates over fantasy football stats think? Probably despise those guys really.

That is the story in every NFL locker room, and YES I thunk they care. That's why after Kittle liked the Instagram post belittling Trey he immediately UNliked it. I mean McGlinchey said the hate actually got him down in 2020.

They hear it. They can't resist looking at social media. And the ones who don't get asked by the press anyway, or hear it second hand from friends and family.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
It has nothing to do with fantasy stats. If this team starts winning with Jimmy and we have a chance at the playoffs, the noise will stop or at least simmer down.

pretty much
Originally posted by YACBros85:
It has nothing to do with fantasy stats. If this team starts winning with Jimmy and we have a chance at the playoffs, the noise will stop or at least simmer down.

This. It's about wins.

EDIT — and before someone says, "Then why the Jimmy hate since he 'just wins,'" the reason is because PERCEPTIVE fans realized he wasn't doing enough to make up for the inevitable drain of talent that was coming. And of course, he's been around 0.500 since that Super Bowl, AS EXPECTED by people who knew that he was a cog in the machine in 2019, not the engine (most of us hoped he'd improve, and he has not done so very much — now we hope he can just limit the turnovers and convert a few crucial third downs going forward, which is a reasonable hope).
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:47 AM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Just like when Mahomes started his second year.

Stop comparing him to Mahomes. Pat had 1,400 passing attempts in college. He was a starter for multiple years before even coming to the NFL. Mahomes DID NOT sit for what will be two yrs for Lance.

Mahomes said he couldn't even read defenses that rookie yr. He just played backyard football for the most part. His talent got him that MVP, not sitting for a yr.

Again people thinking Lance is gonna be Mahomes next yr just because he sat for a yr are gonna be disappointed...He's gonna be a raw "rookie" who hasn't played football in two yrs. He's gonna be a 22 yr old with like 350ish career passing attempts under his belt.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Dude...let.it.go.
You've been harping on this and will all year. We ALL get it. You don't have to keep saying it over and over and over and over and over and over.

You posted about this well over 200 times. It's not happening until either next season or we get eliminated from playoff contention.

Let. It. Go.

So don't get mad when our team is not good next year Because trey doesn't have any game experience

Mahomes had more than 1 year of experience and reps in college.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Stop comparing him to Mahomes. Pat had 1,400 passing attempts in college. He was a starter for multiple years before even coming to the NFL. Mahomes DID NOT sit for what will be two yrs for Lance.

Mahomes said he couldn't even read defenses that rookie yr. He just played backyard football for the most part. His talent got him that MVP, not sitting for a yr.

Again people thinking Lance is gonna be Mahomes next yr just because he sat for a yr are gonna be disappointed...He's gonna be a raw "rookie" who hasn't played football in two yrs. He's gonna be a 22 yr old with like 350ish career passing attempts under his belt.

I addressed the point in the post I replied to.

Kyle doesn't have a game plan for him and he has been too injured to play since his last start. Playing him with that college scheme isn't going to help him at all. It's will ruin him, like RGIII. That would be disappointing.

Kyle should use the playbook he sees using long term next time he starts him.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Garoppolo was the only one having Goodwin feast (when health) so there goes that take.

I'll hold you to that bet!

Because I've been pinning for that too since Kyle got rid of Goodwin.

He was forced fed the ball because their was no one else. Godwin was our XWR because their was no one else.

Force fed. And he did so well he got a contract extension from Kyle. If you haven't noticed, Kyle loves to feature guys, one at a time per year. This year it's Deebo. It's what he does.

Like Garoppolo and others have confirmed, he's just executing the play calls and Kyle continues to confirm he's doing what's asked of him.

Kyle is and has always been the QB here, like it or not. Wait until Trey starts. You'll see it.

Kyle doesn't have a game plan for him and he has been too injured to play since his last start. Playing him with that college scheme isn't going to help him at all. It's will ruin him, like RGIII. That would be disappointing.

They have a plan for him. I know everyone hates this guy because he's criticized Jimmy (lol what a surprise... however he was right about Jones), however, he says Mike McDaniel told him this.

This is smart. Getting him more familiar with our scheme while acting as the opposing QB. Very nice.
Garoppolo was the only one having Goodwin feast (when health) so there goes that take.

I'll hold you to that bet!

Because I've been pinning for that too since Kyle got rid of Goodwin.

He was forced fed the ball because their was no one else. Godwin was our XWR because their was no one else.

Force fed. And he did so well he got a contract extension from Kyle. If you haven't noticed, Kyle loves to feature guys, one at a time per year. This year it's Deebo. It's what he does.

Like Garoppolo and others have confirmed, he's just executing the play calls and Kyle continues to confirm he's doing what's asked of him.

Kyle is and has always been the QB here, like it or not. Wait until Trey starts. You'll see it.

It's a silly point that lacks context. It always lacked context and gets overused in here for no reason outside of trying to makeup why he should sit...you can't compare one player and the path to how they got there to another....it's not black and white. We can do the same thing with every QB that's started day 1 and is now successful.

Too injured lol? he missed a week of "practices" and in those practices he's not even running Kyle's plays like you think he should be smh.

What college scheme? the one were he ran damn near the same concepts that Kyle does? the one that had him under center more than any QB in this draft. The one that had long drawn out verbiage and he had a chance to change the play at LOS based on coverage? The one where he was in charge of protection calls?

You're not sticking any rookie or 1st yr starter out there with your full playbook...I don't care who you are. Jimmy didn't get that in SF when he came in and he sat for yrs in NE. He just went out there and played football...it's exactly what guys like Mahomes/Watson/Herbert/Allen all did. They developed with the play book as they got more confident in their reads...you are NOT getting more confident doing that by not playing.

It's not even just about the playbook, it's about him reading defenses and getting live game speed reps. He can run a bunch of boots/PA and throw slants all the same. He can go to his 1st read on 60% of his throws all the same. He's gotta get a chance to see defenses though, he's not doing that (and running this offense) right now. Not even close.

Like I said if he had all the reps from day 1 he would have played MUCH better week 5 vs AZ than getting tossed in there with a weeks worth of reps with the 1st string, even though he's been sitting and "developing" for the past 5+ months according to all you.

What does that have to do with anything I said? lol Who were the other WRs? Victor Boldin? Louis Murphy? 6th rd pick Trent Taylor? rookie UDFA Borune? lol wat?

The X in most of Kyle's schemes is the primary target hog. AJ in Texas, Garcon in DC, Julio in ATL. Even in the 5 games he had Gordon in Cleveland he had like 50 targets. Deebo getting force fed isn't all on Kyle, it's trust with his QB (and he's not the X). It's taking advantage of matchups and getting the ball in the hands of the guy you think will make a play.

Godwin was forced to be that because they literally had no one else. I wouldn't call a 3 yr $20M deal with only $8M GTD a massive extension either lol.

Again you're out your damn mind if you think Kyle wouldn't use the whole field if he had Allen/Mahomes/Watson as his starting QB. Matt Ryan and his IAY in 2016 prove that they actually did. Good HC's play to their players strengths and that's what is happening here.

I have no idea where you're even going with the Godwin stuff anyway...I said he wants explosive plays like every other damn HC. That's the reason Godwin got brought in. Not to be a 100 target WR, but he showed in a short time that he can do a little more than run a go-route. Players got hurt and he was forced the ball on a bad roster.

NOW we have a WR corp made up of a bunch of big bodied YAC WRs that can win underneath...only time in Kyle's career that he's gone that route at WR. We talked about Kyle's preference historically at WR when he first showed up. Why change his stance? Hmmm maybe he was getting weapons that his $100M QB could use based on his skill set? Like I said I'll bet money we add a deep threat to the roster when Lance is the starter. Look at Benji only getting targets when Lance has been the starter.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:47 AM ]

That's the real reason he's not starting...yet.

What does that have to do with anything I said? lol Who were the other WRs? Victor Boldin? Louis Murphy? 6th rd pick Trent Taylor? rookie UDFA Borune? lol wat?

The X in most of Kyle's schemes is the primary target hog. AJ in Texas, Garcon in DC, Julio in ATL. Even in the 5 games he had Gordon in Cleveland he had like 50 targets. Deebo getting force fed isn't all on Kyle, it's trust with his QB (and he's not the X). It's taking advantage of matchups and getting the ball in the hands of the guy you think will make a play.

Godwin was forced to be that because they literally had no one else. I wouldn't call a 3 yr $20M deal with only $8M GTD a massive extension either lol.

Again you're out your damn mind if you think Kyle wouldn't use the whole field if he had Allen/Mahomes/Watson as his starting QB. Matt Ryan and his IAY in 2016 prove that they actually did. Good HC's play to their players strengths and that's what is happening here.

Funny how the area of the field you b***h about weekly was exploited with Jimmy and Goodwin and since Goodwin has been gone, it hasn't. Maybe this is more of a scheme, philosophy and personnel choice by Kyle (not Jimmy).

+10 yards to the deeper outside with guys like Aiyuk and Deebo who don't create space like Goodwin did is a lower % throw that can lead to pick 6's.

Go rewatch the videos of Goodwin here. His speed was very much respected here and it helped create a lot of space on sideline routes.

You want what I want. But Kyle hasn't brought that guy in here and Goodwin was inherited.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:50 AM ]
That's the real reason he's not starting...yet.

so he can't play until he knows the playbook completely? Why did Jimmy play mid season in 2017? What he have a crash course in his playbook before playing the last 5 games? I mean he's really learning that playbook pretending to be the other teams QB every week

It's not like Lance was running some air raid scheme in NDSU anyway.

2016 was a weird year. It's the first one where NGS tracked IAY and there were 17 QBs with at least 5 starts that were at 9.0+. Ryan was 17th.

In 2017, there were 11.
In 2018, there were 7.
In 2019, there were 7.
In 2020, there were 6.
In 2021, there are currently 3.
Share 49ersWebzone