There are 182 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That's the real reason he's not starting...yet.

so he can't play until he knows the playbook completely? Why did Jimmy play mid season in 2017? What he have a crash course in his playbook before playing the last 5 games? I mean he's really learning that playbook pretending to be the other teams QB every week

It's not like Lance was running some air raid scheme in NDSU anyway.

Nope. Dude had a pure high school level game plan. No PA, roll outs, snaps under C, mostly one side reads, 16 runs, etc.

Once Kyle feels he can put in a more professional game plan of his liking, then it's Trey-time.
Funny how the area of the field you b***h about weekly was exploited with Jimmy and Goodwin and since Goodwin has been gone, it hasn't. Maybe this is more of a scheme, philosophy and personnel choice by Kyle (not Jimmy).

+10 yards to the deeper outside with guys like Aiyuk and Deebo who don't create space like Goodwin did is a lower % throw that can lead to pick 6's.

Go rewatch the videos of Goodwin here. His speed was very much respected here and it helped create a lot of space on sideline routes.

You want what I want. But Kyle hasn't brought that guy in here and Goodwin was inherited.

OR maybe it's Kyle looking at his current $100M QB and HIS skill set over the past 4 yrs...making adjustments to it and bringing in the proper personnel for Jimmy to have success? Wild concept, I know. We never talk about anyone doing such a crazy thing like that.

Based off what? I'm seeing Deebo make those catches. I've seen BA make those catches. They can lead to DPIs just as well in todays game. Jimmy historically doesn't have to throw it outside the numbers past 10 yards to have a high INT% anyway.

Godwin was not inherited...they signed him their first off season. Kyle has always had a guy with speed in his WR room. This was talked about when we discussed what Kyle would be looking for when building his roster back in 2017. Your boys on the better Rivals pod talked about it plenty. It was all about separation/speed at the WR position. I'm old enough to remember everyone b***hing about having small quick WRs in here. Now it's a bunch of bigger bodied WRs that can make contested catches and get YAC. That IMO is based off what our $100M QB is good at doing (quick release, fairly accurate on those short throws) let the receivers make the plays.
Nope. Dude had a pure high school level game plan. No PA, roll outs, snaps under C, mostly one side reads, 16 runs, etc.

Once Kyle feels he can put in a more professional game plan of his liking, then it's Trey-time.

lol tell me you didn't watch Lance in college without saying you didn't. Kid ran the most pro-style system out of any QB in this draft.

Crazy concept...if Lance got all those reps from day 1, he might have looked better vs AZ in week 5. Clearly he's not getting reps running the playbook if you watch what Kyle was calling vs AZ. Clearly he's not getting snaps with the 1st string offense after watching the AZ game. That s**t looks different if he was getting all those reps for the past 5+ months and you can't tell me otherwise.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 2, 2021 at 8:06 AM ]
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
2016 was a weird year. It's the first one where NGS tracked IAY and there were 17 QBs with at least 5 starts that were at 9.0+. Ryan was 17th.

In 2017, there were 11.
In 2018, there were 7.
In 2019, there were 7.
In 2020, there were 6.
In 2021, there are currently 3.

Ryan's IAY was 9 yards...which is 2.5 yards more than Jimmy's best yr (2019). No one is saying he's gotta be top 3 in that stat, just not damn near last every yr
2016 was a weird year. It's the first one where NGS tracked IAY and there were 17 QBs with at least 5 starts that were at 9.0+. Ryan was 17th.

In 2017, there were 11.
In 2018, there were 7.
In 2019, there were 7.
In 2020, there were 6.

Ryan's IAY was 9 yards...which is 2.5 yards more than Jimmy's best yr (2019). No one is saying he's gotta be top 3 in that stat, just not damn near last every yr

Jimmy was at 9.1 in 2017.
Damn looks like Jimmy was likely about to be benched at the half vs Chicago.

Saved himself with that drive before the half and deep throw to Deebo. And then turned it around and played a great second half.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
They have a plan for him. I know everyone hates this guy because he's criticized Jimmy (lol what a surprise... however he was right about Jones), however, he says Mike McDaniel told him this.

This is smart. Getting him more familiar with our scheme while acting as the opposing QB. Very nice.

Yup, we are just going to have to patient. Hopefully we hit a homerun with him.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by fan49:
I'm over it. Can't remember the last time he had 3 straight solid games.

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

We need an identity and Jimmy isn't the player that will give us one.

Where are you getting your information?

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?

They spent 3 first round picks to try and replace him lol. At this point no one cares that Kittle thinks Jimmy is an awesome guy.

the first sentence, the result is someone is getting fired. maybe you? The second sentence, when you say no one, you mean everyone, including you, or you wouldn't have written the sentence in the first place.

We're riding jimmy's back this year. get with it or get gone.

9moon would approve this post
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by fan49:
I'm over it. Can't remember the last time he had 3 straight solid games.

This is what I'm saying yes he was Jimmy Jesus against the Bears. Yes someone like me would say Deebo and Mitchell did most of the work. But he played well. But he can only be Jimmy Jesus two or three times a year. That two or three times will not get us to the Super Bowl again. We don't have the same team or the same talent to help him.

Another thing I realized. The team doesn't cheer for him because he's a leader, they cheer for him because he's not and he's the underdog.

We need an identity and Jimmy isn't the player that will give us one.

Where are you getting your information?

I ask because his a lot teammates appear to support him on social media and have publicly gone out of their way to do so in the press.

Maybe the players know a bit more about football and how Jimmy plays it then some people in this thread? Who would've thought?

They spent 3 first round picks to try and replace him lol. At this point no one cares that Kittle thinks Jimmy is an awesome guy.

the first sentence, the result is someone is getting fired. maybe you? The second sentence, when you say no one, you mean everyone, including you, or you wouldn't have written the sentence in the first place.

We're riding jimmy's back this year. get with it or get gone.

9moon would approve this post

It's not completely accurate. Jimmy will start until the 49ers are no longer relevant. Or if he plays worse than he has this year for an extended period.

If the 49ers keep winning, he'll definitely keep playing. If the 49ers remain within grasp if a post-season birth, he'll keep playing. Fortunately for Jimmy, things probably got harder for the Saints.
happy bday jimmy

welcome to your 30s!

Funny how the area of the field you b***h about weekly was exploited with Jimmy and Goodwin and since Goodwin has been gone, it hasn't. Maybe this is more of a scheme, philosophy and personnel choice by Kyle (not Jimmy).

+10 yards to the deeper outside with guys like Aiyuk and Deebo who don't create space like Goodwin did is a lower % throw that can lead to pick 6's.

Go rewatch the videos of Goodwin here. His speed was very much respected here and it helped create a lot of space on sideline routes.

You want what I want. But Kyle hasn't brought that guy in here and Goodwin was inherited.

OR maybe it's Kyle looking at his current $100M QB and HIS skill set over the past 4 yrs...making adjustments to it and bringing in the proper personnel for Jimmy to have success? Wild concept, I know. We never talk about anyone doing such a crazy thing like that.

Based off what? I'm seeing Deebo make those catches. I've seen BA make those catches. They can lead to DPIs just as well in todays game. Jimmy historically doesn't have to throw it outside the numbers past 10 yards to have a high INT% anyway.

Godwin was not inherited...they signed him their first off season. Kyle has always had a guy with speed in his WR room. This was talked about when we discussed what Kyle would be looking for when building his roster back in 2017. Your boys on the better Rivals pod talked about it plenty. It was all about separation/speed at the WR position. I'm old enough to remember everyone b***hing about having small quick WRs in here. Now it's a bunch of bigger bodied WRs that can make contested catches and get YAC. That IMO is based off what our $100M QB is good at doing (quick release, fairly accurate on those short throws) let the receivers make the plays.

LOL, so he had no problems doing it on the regular with Goodwin but now Kyle shuts him down because he doesn't think he has the arm?

You make zero sense.

Whenever you see Aiyuk and Deebo on those sideline outs, they almost always have a DB right on top of them...deflecting passes, PD's, INT...almost always contested.

I wouldn't go there either as a play caller.

No DB is going to respect the speed of Aiyuk and Deebo outside and certainly not like Goodwin. Goodwin became a decent route runner here but most of that space created was due to respecting his deep speed.

In 2017, there were 11.
In 2018, there were 7.
In 2019, there were 7.
In 2020, there were 6.

Jimmy was at 9.1 in 2017.

On a spread offense and on off schedule plays where there were multiple receiving options to choose from. Like last weekend.

lol tell me you didn't watch Lance in college without saying you didn't. Kid ran the most pro-style system out of any QB in this draft.

Crazy concept...if Lance got all those reps from day 1, he might have looked better vs AZ in week 5. Clearly he's not getting reps running the playbook if you watch what Kyle was calling vs AZ. Clearly he's not getting snaps with the 1st string offense after watching the AZ game. That s**t looks different if he was getting all those reps for the past 5+ months and you can't tell me otherwise.

That's wonderful. That's not what Kyle drew up for Trey which verifies he doesn't think he's ready yet as badly as you want him to be.
I see it all coming together now. The blueprint was established last week. JG has the monkey off his back with a great all around game. Keep this rolling we got division rivals on tap. 5-4 record would be HUGE.

That's wonderful. That's not what Kyle drew up for Trey which verifies he doesn't think he's ready yet as badly as you want him to be.

The reason he's not ready is because he hasn't had the reps running the whole offense. But that is neither here nor there. Here's what we know: If Jimmy plays like he's played in some of these first halves, where the offense is stagnating, then he is no better than an unready Trey. If, on the other hand, he leads the offense to an efficient result, it is best to keep Trey learning, as he isn't really needed.

But this rests on JIMMY, not Trey. I Jimmy plays like scrub — as he has early in a couple of these games — then the Trey era should begin. If, on the other hand, Jimmy plays well, then he should stay the starter for now.
Share 49ersWebzone