There are 162 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Damn looks like Jimmy was likely about to be benched at the half vs Chicago.

Saved himself with that drive before the half and deep throw to Deebo. And then turned it around and played a great second half.

Exactly. Why I posted previously..

Kyle to Jimmy: "This is simple s**t. Can you do it?" was a sideline heated conversation read by a number of Bay Area sports folks who attended the game.

Kyle should know the answer to that by now.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The reason he's not ready is because he hasn't had the reps running the whole offense. But that is neither here nor there. Here's what we know: If Jimmy plays like he's played in some of these first halves, where the offense is stagnating, then he is no better than an unready Trey. If, on the other hand, he leads the offense to an efficient result, it is best to keep Trey learning, as he isn't really needed.

But this rests on JIMMY, not Trey. I Jimmy plays like scrub — as he has early in a couple of these games — then the Trey era should begin. If, on the other hand, Jimmy plays well, then he should stay the starter for now.

I saw a leader in the first half. Receivers were dropping the ball early left and right. JG gathered the team on the sideline and pumped everyone up. The broadcast team even mentioned this and said how impressed they are with JG. He then drops the bomb on the Bears and finished the first half with 163 yards. He balled out in the first half by any metric. Remember we had zero punts in this game and zero turnovers. Frustrating to see our own fans call him a scrub. It's like what more do you need to see man? Let's keep this momentum going. I do expect punts and turnovers going forward because those things happen you can't be perfect every game but all that matters is the W let's get it we have a real opportunity this week.
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

IF your whole plan is to throw bubble screens/ shovel passes and a bunch of passes under 10 yards all year you don't need to pay the QB $27M to do that job.

And there it is. If you have a problem with IAY, you should be bringing this up in the Kyle Shanahan thread. Not the Jimmy Garoppolo thread.

Ya no doubt. If he had lets say Pat instead of Jimmy, I'm sure Kyles game plan would just involves 5 yard passes lol. That's obviously how Ryan wonMVP, and how Schuab let the NFL in passing yards.

Does Hill come with Mahomes? Because Hill presents more mismatches than any player on our team..
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I saw a leader in the first half. Receivers were dropping the ball early left and right. JG gathered the team on the sideline and pumped everyone up. The broadcast team even mentioned this and said how impressed they are with JG. He then drops the bomb on the Bears and finished the first half with 163 yards. He balled out in the first half by any metric. Remember we had zero punts in this game and zero turnovers. Frustrating to see our own fans call him a scrub. It's like what more do you need to see man? Let's keep this momentum going. I do expect punts and turnovers going forward because those things happen you can't be perfect every game but all that matters is the W let's get it we have a real opportunity this week.

What about the touchdown metric? Points?

Jimmy isnt a scrub. He is a decent QB. But posts like the ones you have been making lately are the EXACT same as posts where people say Jimmy sucks....just on the other end of the spectrum.
I see it all coming together now. The blueprint was established last week. JG has the monkey off his back with a great all around game. Keep this rolling we got division rivals on tap. 5-4 record would be HUGE.

I hope so. He looked completely different both on and off the field. I said in the game day thread that it's the best I've seen him in years and of course got heat from both the Jimmy "stans" and "haters".
I'm still waiting to see the incomplete pass to Deebo over the middle. Anyone have that clip? Or will I have to wait for JDs video that probably won't show it.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm still waiting to see the incomplete pass to Deebo over the middle. Anyone have that clip? Or will I have to wait for JDs video that probably won't show it.

it was one of deebo's two or three drops
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

What about the touchdown metric? Points?

Jimmy isnt a scrub. He is a decent QB. But posts like the ones you have been making lately are the EXACT same as posts where people say Jimmy sucks....just on the other end of the spectrum.

Lol this.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Yeah that's why I want to see it.

Because I'm sorry I don't trust you guys to make a fair judgment if it was a bad pass or not considering the level of brown nosing that goes on in here. If it was on Deebo I have no problem admitting my mistake.

Because I'm sorry I don't trust you guys to make a fair judgment if it was a bad pass or not considering the level of brown nosing that goes on in here. If it was on Deebo I have no problem admitting my mistake.

Are you talking about that shallow slant across the middle when Deebo lined up on the right side? If I remember it correctly, the ball was slightly high and behind Deebo (his left shoulder). Still though, the ball should have been caught.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

If you are talking about the one that went through his hands, I also believe that pass was errant. While it absolutely could/should have been caught, I find tend to give the WR the benefit of the doubt if the pass is poor (regardless of QB).
Originally posted by Polkadots:

Are you talking about that shallow slant across the middle when Deebo lined up on the right side? If I remember it correctly, the ball was slightly high and behind Deebo (his left shoulder). Still though, the ball should have been caught.
if the ball goes through the triangle between a receiver's hands, thats 100% on the receiver

1. explain why I should show it in how it has to answer why and how we won.
2. You can always buy gamepass yourself.
3. I'm sure there's guys on Twitter who will cover it.

4. Why bring me up at all?
[ Edited by jonnydel on Nov 2, 2021 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by jonnydel:

1. explain why I should show it in how it has to answer why and how we won.
2. You can always buy gamepass yourself.
3. I'm sure there's guys on Twitter who will cover it.

4. Why bring me up at all?

You're famous now, comes with the territory. Wait till the paparazzi start coming after you
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
if the ball goes through the triangle between a receiver's hands, thats 100% on the receiver

Not really. I could throw the ball far behind you, forcing you to contort your body / stop, and as a WR you could still form said triangle, yet no one should pin a drop in this scenario 100% on the WR. Nonetheless, I literally said it should have been caught so
Share 49ersWebzone