There are 163 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Yep. It most definitely was off the mark.

Which isn't a massive deal. Happens and should have been caught. But people can't even admit that, which is the whole point.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
There's plenty to criticize JImmy about but when your main points are usually stupid stats like IAY and a pass that was inches off target, well... .. .

We have literally spent pages on a slight underthrow, otherwise a good catchable pass. Why? What a stupid thing to have to stick up for Jimmy against.

Why do you have to stick up for him on a pass that was high and behind? Yes there are way worse throws that could be brought up…be a little objective man.

I thought Jimmy had some great plays and did well overall vs the Bears. I got no problem saying that. I haven't seen you say one negative thing about him. Not one critique about his play, same with another poster in here.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Whatever. If you want to be this insanely petty over absolutely nothing that's on you. The ball hit him in stride in both hands with him looking directly at it. How amazingly stupid that this is how low you guys are willing to go? New low.

This is dumb though lol. I've already spent too much time. This might be the dumbest argument I've ever had and I apologize that I took any part in it and even made that video. My bad thread.

The ball was high and behind. EZ view shows it. It's not the end of the world but you are so stubborn that you can't even admit it wasn't a great placed ball on a slant. Everyone said Deebo should catch the ball regardless.

it just proves how ridiculous you and a couple posters are about Jimmy…ya'll are incapable of saying anything negative about him/criticizing, even something as dumb as this. It just backs up whatever every already knows about you and a couple others in here regarding this topic.

Which isn't a massive deal. Happens and should have been caught. But people can't even admit that, which is the whole point.

And that's the Issue with some fans on here. We can't critique play's without being labelled a Hater, or without Insults being thrown around.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is just haterism plain and simple. We had 10 mins of possession in the first half to the Bears 20. Let that sink in when you talk about us struggling to score points in the first half. We didn't turn the ball over once. We didn't punt once. In the entire game. You would be more accurate to say we would make changes defensively to get a Bears O without their starting RB, without their "QB1", going with the rookie, and we can't get them off the field. Yet you focus in on taking out JG, the guy who got the gameball? Tall, frosty glass of straight up haterade. Yeah Trey is coming in... next season. No more Trey package. JG can run that package himself anyway.

If anyone besides you (and the usual others), called me out for haterism.... I would respond in serious way.

But nope, sorry 49erFaithful6..you burned that bridge awhile back.

You let me know when you want me to take you serious. I'll wait a full two weeks of serious posting from you, then maybe I'll come around.

I call em how I see em. What I realize is that a lot of people on here don't root for us to win. They root for JG to suck because they want Trey in the game. They root for us to lose cuz they want Shanahan fired. These people are not real fans imo. Yeah I root for us to win. I root for JG to have the success I know he is capable of having. If that makes me an unserious poster, so be it. If that offends people or you, so be it.

As far as "burning bridges"? This is a fan site. At the end of the day football is for fun. Relax, enjoy the forum, the water is warm, the people are friendly, even if you disagree with someone the whole point is interesting conversation with fellow fans.

I see ZERO of these people. I believe you are confusing people who want better QB play BECAUSE they want the 49ers to win with people who are as big of a fan as Trey as some on this forum are of Jimmy.

If the Packers call and say they'll trade Rodgers for Trey I'd hope they did it in an instant. Same with the Bills and Allen, and any other QB who has proven to be elite.

Why? Because I love the Red and Gold more than ANY player. And this, incidentally, is why I am critical of Jimmy when he plays poorly. When Jimmy plays poorly, he hurts the Red and Gold, and that pisses me off, because there were better QBs we could have had. That's the irony here. The REASON people complain about Jimmy is because they are bigger fans of the 49ers than any player on the team. And I'd say there are those on this forum that are bigger fans of Jimmy than the 49ers. And if I were asked to say which group is the bigger 49ER fans, I'd say it's the ones who value the TEAM more than any player.

And that's the Issue with some fans on here. We can't critique play's without being labelled a Hater, or without Insults being thrown around.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:29 PM ]

This is what I'm talking about…you can't be an adult and admit the throw was high and behind. You've shown you can't be objective and you're bias as s**t. We all know it…it just makes any future debates you have in here less meaningful.

It's okay to say Jimmy isn't perfect, I'm sure he doesn't read anything anyone writes in here do your safe.
I'm not sure why you're even upset. I shared my view. I called you a JG hater. Your above post is you saying you are a JG hater from what it looks like. Nothing wrong with being a JG hater seems like more people don't like him than do. After all we drafted his replacement. He's old news in a sense. Is there something I'm missing here?

If you're waiting for me to slip up I don't imagine I'll keep you waiting long I slip up every day lol. Far from perfect.

What do you think I hate about Jimmy? Or why do feel I'm a Jimmy hater? Do you know for most of the 2019 season I was defending him? It started in preseason... then the regular season. Telling people to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt.. he'll get it together. I said by the end of the season he will...but when he didn't, I started to voice my concern. then when the same thing in the playoffs, I voiced my concern.. Sure we were winning, but Jimmy was off imo..... then I hoped come SuperBowl time he finally would. But we know how that came out.

I'm a realist. I try not to BS myself. I'm not a "Faithful". I've hated that term since Nolan/9er PR tried to pull the same George Bush Jr./Evangelical s**t with their Faithfulness campaign, to get fans to be blindly support the team and their decisions....despite what the fans see with their eyes.

So yes my gut tells me Jimmy will mess up again... have issues scoring TDs.... we'll fall behind bla bla bla. So when it happens, I'm not shocked. If Jimmy all the sudden pulls a Joe Flacco/Nick Foles run all the way to the Playoffs (like someone else mentioned) I'd be greatful and own up to not believing in him.

But I don't see it.

Good post man. I'd be the first to admit in the SB there were plays out there on the field that JG missed in the 3rd and 4th qtr. If he makes some open throws that were out there we'd already have ring #6. In 2020, of course he got hurt. The SB plus the injures forced the hand of the team to look for a replacement. This year has been up and down. Maybe it won't end well. But I really think we have a path here. Arizona and the Rams at home we can win these. JG with Deebo going off, Aiyuk in year 2, Kittle coming back (hopefully), Mitchell rolling, Trent Williams, Kyle dialing it up, we could be unstoppable. Maybe I'm just trying to will it into existence. No reason JG can't ball out each week with this cast around him. I really think we are capable of beating anyone if we stay healthy and put it all together.

It's just makes any points they have in here less meaningful imo. You can be a fan of a player and still admit they missed on a play or could have been better.

no different than saying Deebo should have caught the ball….even though it was high and behind him.

What do you think I hate about Jimmy? Or why do feel I'm a Jimmy hater? Do you know for most of the 2019 season I was defending him? It started in preseason... then the regular season. Telling people to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt.. he'll get it together. I said by the end of the season he will...but when he didn't, I started to voice my concern. then when the same thing in the playoffs, I voiced my concern.. Sure we were winning, but Jimmy was off imo..... then I hoped come SuperBowl time he finally would. But we know how that came out.

I'm a realist. I try not to BS myself. I'm not a "Faithful". I've hated that term since Nolan/9er PR tried to pull the same George Bush Jr./Evangelical s**t with their Faithfulness campaign, to get fans to be blindly support the team and their decisions....despite what the fans see with their eyes.

So yes my gut tells me Jimmy will mess up again... have issues scoring TDs.... we'll fall behind bla bla bla. So when it happens, I'm not shocked. If Jimmy all the sudden pulls a Joe Flacco/Nick Foles run all the way to the Playoffs (like someone else mentioned) I'd be greatful and own up to not believing in him.

But I don't see it.

Any criticism towards Jimmy and they label you an hater lol

There's plenty to criticize JImmy about but when your main points are usually stupid stats like IAY and a pass that was inches off target, well... .. .

We have literally spent pages on a slight underthrow, otherwise a good catchable pass. Why? What a stupid thing to have to stick up for Jimmy against.

You made your mind about that stat before you even fully knew what it was. The ONLY reason you think it's dumb is because it's not flattering to Jimmy. That's an entirely reasonable conclusion, as evidence by the fact that you were slamming it before you even knew what it was, as indicated by your posts.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

How about being honest and objective? No one is throwing him under the bus but homer fans can't even admit something as silly as a pass that was off target was in fact that.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
You made your mind about that stat before you even fully knew what it was. The ONLY reason you think it's dumb is because it's not flattering to Jimmy. That's an entirely reasonable conclusion, as evidence by the fact that you were slamming it before you even knew what it was, as indicated by your posts.

Hahaha truth
Yeah it was 15+ pages with screenshots and video breakdowns. That slant needs it's own thread lol.

Just say it was behind and high and people will move on…everyone else said Deebo should have caught it all the same.

It really wasn't though... Maybe ever so slightly behind but it was not high. Maybe I'm wrong but that's where you want a pass while in motion. It was a good throw. Great? No but by god... Non Jimmy's mocked others for saying Trey threw too hard. This is equally, if not far more petty. This is worse than making up a stat that in the end is equal to total yards with a possibility of something possibly happening though it didn't.

Do the same thing with the end zone angle.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
it was accurate enough to hit the receivers hands and be caught.

/topic

It was high and behind on a slant…you don't throw the ball behind someone who's running the opposite way. Totally catchable but again not a accurate ball.

Different view shows it

Share 49ersWebzone