There are 141 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
What do you think I hate about Jimmy? Or why do feel I'm a Jimmy hater? Do you know for most of the 2019 season I was defending him? It started in preseason... then the regular season. Telling people to give Jimmy the benefit of the doubt.. he'll get it together. I said by the end of the season he will...but when he didn't, I started to voice my concern. then when the same thing in the playoffs, I voiced my concern.. Sure we were winning, but Jimmy was off imo..... then I hoped come SuperBowl time he finally would. But we know how that came out.

I'm a realist. I try not to BS myself. I'm not a "Faithful". I've hated that term since Nolan/9er PR tried to pull the same George Bush Jr./Evangelical s**t with their Faithfulness campaign, to get fans to be blindly support the team and their decisions....despite what the fans see with their eyes.

So yes my gut tells me Jimmy will mess up again... have issues scoring TDs.... we'll fall behind bla bla bla. So when it happens, I'm not shocked. If Jimmy all the sudden pulls a Joe Flacco/Nick Foles run all the way to the Playoffs (like someone else mentioned) I'd be greatful and own up to not believing in him.

But I don't see it.

Any criticism towards Jimmy and they label you an hater lol

There's plenty to criticize JImmy about but when your main points are usually stupid stats like IAY and a pass that was inches off target, well... .. .

We have literally spent pages on a slight underthrow, otherwise a good catchable pass. Why? What a stupid thing to have to stick up for Jimmy against.

So you and NC couldn't help but forcefully squeeze the topic of air yards into Jimmy thread posts again today,...yet everyone else is overemphasizing the meaning of them? Do I have that right?
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:36 PM ]
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
it was accurate enough to hit the receivers hands and be caught.

/topic

It was high and behind on a slant…you don't throw the ball behind someone who's running the opposite way. Totally catchable but again not a accurate ball.

Different view shows it

Again no one cares about a screen shot…the clip is right there. It was high and behind. Should have been caught but wasn't a great ball to a wide open Deebo on a 5 yard slant.

why you can't admit that is beyond me…it's not that big of a deal
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
I see ZERO of these people. I believe you are confusing people who want better QB play BECAUSE they want the 49ers to win with people who are as big of a fan as Trey as some on this forum are of Jimmy.

If the Packers call and say they'll trade Rodgers for Trey I'd hope they did it in an instant. Same with the Bills and Allen, and any other QB who has proven to be elite.

Why? Because I love the Red and Gold more than ANY player. And this, incidentally, is why I am critical of Jimmy when he plays poorly. When Jimmy plays poorly, he hurts the Red and Gold, and that pisses me off, because there were better QBs we could have had. That's the irony here. The REASON people complain about Jimmy is because they are bigger fans of the 49ers than any player on the team. And I'd say there are those on this forum that are bigger fans of Jimmy than the 49ers. And if I were asked to say which group is the bigger 49ER fans, I'd say it's the ones who value the TEAM more than any player.

Whatever. If you want to be this insanely petty over absolutely nothing that's on you. The ball hit him in stride in both hands with him looking directly at it. How amazingly stupid that this is how low you guys are willing to go? New low.

This is dumb though lol. I've already spent too much time. This might be the dumbest argument I've ever had and I apologize that I took any part in it and even made that video. My bad thread.

The ball was high and behind. EZ view shows it. It's not the end of the world but you are so stubborn that you can't even admit it wasn't a great placed ball on a slant. Everyone said Deebo should catch the ball regardless.

it just proves how ridiculous you and a couple posters are about Jimmy…ya'll are incapable of saying anything negative about him/criticizing, even something as dumb as this. It just backs up whatever every already knows about you and a couple others in here regarding this topic.

Yeah the discussion isn't about Jimmy. It's about the insane cognitive dissonance some people have regarding him. The end zone view CLEARLY shows poor ball placement, but even then, ALL agree Deebo should have caught it. That is NOT why it's being brought up. It's being brought up as yet more evidence that some posters here are such huge fans of one particular player (as opposed to 49er fans) that it is impossible for him to do anything wrong.

It honestly has the feel of LeBron James fans. They'll root for whatever team he is on. The end zone view clearly shows bad ball placement, but it was only posted because we KNOW that this group will bend over backwards to try to deny that the pass had poor placement. And it's not deliberate deception. This is self-deception on a subconscious level.

So to those people I would say, get help. Although perhaps not. As a wise man once said:

[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:44 PM ]

This is what I'm talking about…you can't be an adult and admit the throw was high and behind. You've shown you can't be objective and you're bias as s**t. We all know it…it just makes any future debates you have in here less meaningful.

It's okay to say Jimmy isn't perfect, I'm sure he doesn't read anything anyone writes in here do your safe.

It's literally the dumbest argument I have ever had. I'm sorry. The ball hit him center mass right above the helmet not behind him. It was a good throw. Explain to me why a throw that hits a receiver right in the hands is being talked about? The announcer even says "he dropped it". It happens.

Jimmy is far from perfect. The other day when I was looking at past stats he would be similar to Jeff Garcia in most real stats if he played the same tenure with 9ers as Garcia did which he won't. He's Jeff Garcia to me. Good, sometimes fantastic, and sometimes pretty f**king meh. Like Garcia though I support him, you simply don't. If we want to talk real, then be honest. You do not support him. You never do. Since I started here all you did was s**t all over him. Never anything positive. If so it feels forced and bitter. I understand who he is. You hate him for who he is. And I've said this before but hate as in terms of sports hatred not like you actually hate the guy. I've even had the audacity to admit his leash is getting shorter with me. As random pointed out at one point I was ready to move on but I came back down to earth. If he can put together a few good games and we get healthy than hell yeah. If we lose one or two more and need a boost, I'm ready for Trey.

It's nice to support both guys and the team.

Now one day... Just to make a point I am going to do this to Trey. Remember this and remember I'm making a point not being a hater. I'm going to bring up pages, tweets, of him hitting a receiver in the hands and making a stupid argument about nothing really. Not every pass is perfect. That was still a good catchable ball.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Nov 2, 2021 at 6:43 PM ]
I make a sweet post in here and then the thread turns to slop. Geez
Whatever. If you want to be this insanely petty over absolutely nothing that's on you. The ball hit him in stride in both hands with him looking directly at it. How amazingly stupid that this is and is shows how low you guys are willing to go. New low.

This is dumb though lol. I've already spent too much time. This might be the dumbest argument I've ever had and I apologize that I took any part in it and even made that video. My bad thread.

These are professional athletes. What do you think their expectations are? Do you believe, let's say, Brady would look at the film of JG's throw (if Brady threw it) and say it was fine? Or, do you believe, not because he is the GOAT, but because he is a professional, Brady would criticize the throw, and strive to throw a more accurate pass the next time (in front of Deebo, specifically)?

As fans, we expect the best, and that's where the criticism comes from (most--not all). We, as fans, expect a professional to do better, this time, and the next time. There is nothing wrong with that. Is it petty? Sure. But, anything can be deemed petty if you alter your standards enough.

The fact is, many of us look at the video / pictures and think the pass should have been thrown slightly lower and in front of Deebo, especially considering it's about ten yards from JG to DS. Others do not agree. So be it. No one is going to convince the other side. That much should be obvious 20+ pages later.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
it was accurate enough to hit the receivers hands and be caught.

/topic

It was high and behind on a slant…you don't throw the ball behind someone who's running the opposite way. Totally catchable but again not a accurate ball.

Different view shows it

Again no one cares about a screen shot…the clip is right there. It was high and behind. Should have been caught but wasn't a great ball to a wide open Deebo on a 5 yard slant.

why you can't admit that is beyond me.

brodiebluebanaszak is going to cause the Webzone Servers to go down with all these Gifs.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Lol wow another gif, you bring so much to the discussion.

You're incapable of admitting anything at fault with Jimmy.

Originally posted by Afrikan:
brodiebluebanaszak is going to cause the Webzone Servers to go down with all these Gifs.

And they're pointless…there's not discussion no reasoning, when you don't have a good argument that is what you do

This is what I'm talking about…you can't be an adult and admit the throw was high and behind. You've shown you can't be objective and you're bias as s**t. We all know it…it just makes any future debates you have in here less meaningful.

It's okay to say Jimmy isn't perfect, I'm sure he doesn't read anything anyone writes in here do your safe.

It's literally the dumbest argument I have ever had. I'm sorry. The ball hit him center mass right above the helmet not behind him. It was a good throw. Explain to me why a throw that hits a receiver right in the hands is being talked about? The announcer even says "he dropped it". It happens.

Jimmy is far from perfect. The other day when I was looking at past stats he would be similar to Jeff Garcia in most real stats if he played the same tenure with 9ers as Garcia did which he won't. He's Jeff Garcia to me. Good, sometimes fantastic, and sometimes pretty f**king meh. Like Garcia though I support him, you simply don't. If we want to talk real, then be honest. You do not support him. You never do. Since I started here all you did was s**t all over him. Never anything positive. If so it feels forced and bitter. I understand who he is. You hate him for who he is. And I've said this before but hate as in terms of sports hatred not like you actually hate the guy. I've even had the audacity to admit his leash is getting shorter with me. As random pointed out at one point I was ready to move on but I came back down to earth. If he can put together a few good games and we get healthy than hell yeah. If we lose one or two more and need a boost, I'm ready for Trey.

Now one day... Just to make a point I am going to do this to Trey. Remember this and remember I'm making a point not being a hater. I'm going to bring up pages, tweets, of him hitting a receiver in the hands and making a stupid argument about nothing really. Not every pass is perfect. That was still a good catchable ball.

Deebo is literally contorting his body to catch that pass and you claim it's a "good throw?" Come on dude. CATCHABLE, sure. Should have been caught, sure. NOT a good throw.

Ball should have been thrown somewhere around the yellow mark here:

Lol and in all that you still can't admit the ball was high and behind. It's a f**king 5 yard slant, not some tight window throw.

no it's not an awful pass and should have been caught…Jimmy has much worse passes on easy pass plays. The fact that you can't even admit that pass could have been a better throw there is just stupid.

I don't hate anyone. I was one of the first people in here that wanted to trade for Jimmy (wanted mcDaniels/JG combo). I root for him to play well every damn week. Ive supported him well before you even joined the WZ, so don't act like you know me or what I'm about.

unlike you I try to be objective. I don't need to defend one player no matter what. If Jimmy plays well I'll say he played well. If he has a great throw I'll say he did. If he f**ks up or his play is underwhelming I will say it.

you've been in here a couple months and all you do is lick Jimmy's boots. So who's the bias one?
Originally posted by BamaNiner:
I make a sweet post in here and then the thread turns to slop. Geez

This thread as been slop for 2 yrs
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Deebo is literally contorting his body to catch that pass and you claim it's a "good throw?" Come on dude. CATCHABLE, sure. Should have been caught, sure. NOT a good throw.

Ball should have been thrown somewhere around the yellow mark here:

Nice play of frame. It was center mass, right between the eyes. Not perfect but good.

[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone