There are 148 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm still waiting to see the incomplete pass to Deebo over the middle. Anyone have that clip? Or will I have to wait for JDs video that probably won't show it.

1. explain why I should show it in how it has to answer why and how we won.
2. You can always buy gamepass yourself.
3. I'm sure there's guys on Twitter who will cover it.

4. Why bring me up at all?

Did they ever fix the bs where the All 22 film wasn't available?

They did. But, the interface is terrible for guys who use it to break stuff down so I had to get a VPN and then buy a new subscription out of India. Sucks...I had to pay ANOTHER $100 because the NFL sucks at breaking their own product and they wouldn't allow a refund as it was over a month after my subscription auto renewed.
Every QB missed throws, i don't get it, the guy many want him replaced for can sometimes miss the ocean from the beach. It happens. Hell look at mahomes all year. If you take out Tyreek and replace him with diggs, chiefs are probably 1-7 this year. It happens, guys have an awful stretch. God mahomes was like 1-10 on balls past 10 yards and he has Tyreek hill. Even the stuff he did complete was off by some 49er fan standards. Of held to jimmy standards, pat threw 48 times and maybe had 10 accurate passes
[ Edited by mtl_49er on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:15 PM ]
I'm still waiting to see the incomplete pass to Deebo over the middle. Anyone have that clip? Or will I have to wait for JDs video that probably won't show it.

They did. But, the interface is terrible for guys who use it to break stuff down so I had to get a VPN and then buy a new subscription out of India. Sucks...I had to pay ANOTHER $100 because the NFL sucks at breaking their own product and they wouldn't allow a refund as it was over a month after my subscription auto renewed.

ty btw

• jcs
  • Veteran
Just going to leave this here...

Originally posted by jcs:

Um... do you know the history about some of the best receivers in history? Who get the majority of the passes per game?

And it feels like Deebo gets even more passes than them lol.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:31 PM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yeah it was 15+ pages with screenshots and video breakdowns. That slant needs it's own thread lol.

Just say it was behind and high and people will move on…everyone else said Deebo should have caught it all the same.

It really wasn't though... Maybe ever so slightly behind but it was not high. Maybe I'm wrong but that's where you want a pass while in motion. It was a good throw. Great? No but by god... Non Jimmy's mocked others for saying Trey threw too hard. This is equally, if not far more petty. This is worse than making up a stat that in the end is equal to total yards with a possibility of something possibly happening though it didn't.

Do the same thing with the end zone angle.

no we've had enough

No we haven't. Not yet.
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yeah it was 15+ pages with screenshots and video breakdowns. That slant needs it's own thread lol.

Just say it was behind and high and people will move on…everyone else said Deebo should have caught it all the same.

It really wasn't though... Maybe ever so slightly behind but it was not high. Maybe I'm wrong but that's where you want a pass while in motion. It was a good throw. Great? No but by god... Non Jimmy's mocked others for saying Trey threw too hard. This is equally, if not far more petty. This is worse than making up a stat that in the end is equal to total yards with a possibility of something possibly happening though it didn't.

Do the same thing with the end zone angle.

no we've had enough

No we haven't. Not yet.

apparently

ty btw

no mention of Jimmy's inaccurate pass to Deebo that Deebo dropped. weird.

Do we know if that slant was counted as an official drop?
Whatever. If you want to be this insanely petty over absolutely nothing that's on you. The ball hit him in stride in both hands with him looking directly at it. How amazingly stupid that this is how low you guys are willing to go? New low.

This is dumb though lol. I've already spent too much time. This might be the dumbest argument I've ever had and I apologize that I took any part in it and even made that video. My bad thread.

The ball was high and behind. EZ view shows it. It's not the end of the world but you are so stubborn that you can't even admit it wasn't a great placed ball on a slant. Everyone said Deebo should catch the ball regardless.

it just proves how ridiculous you and a couple posters are about Jimmy…ya'll are incapable of saying anything negative about him/criticizing, even something as dumb as this. It just backs up whatever every already knows about you and a couple others in here regarding this topic.

Yeah the discussion isn't about Jimmy. It's about the insane cognitive dissonance some people have regarding him. The end zone view CLEARLY shows poor ball placement, but even then, ALL agree Deebo should have caught it. That is NOT why it's being brought up. It's being brought up as yet more evidence that some posters here are such huge fans of one particular player (as opposed to 49er fans) that it is impossible for him to do anything wrong.

It honestly has the feel of LeBron James fans. They'll root for whatever team he is on. The end zone view clearly shows bad ball placement, but it was only posted because we KNOW that this group will bend over backwards to try to deny that the pass had poor placement. And it's not deliberate deception. This is self-deception on a subconscious level.

So to those people I would say, get help. Although perhaps not. As a wise man once said:

so many music and movie references now
It was

Wow,...well if we're going to go there (with the obvious inference that he could help Jimmy out more)....then let's fully go there...

And take a wild guess @ which players' the only one that hasn't played 8 games (after a bye week)....??

He's been our QB's lifeline. You gotta include the ugly balls he shouldn'tve caught or shouldnt've made something out of nothing if we're going to realistically call this one.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 2, 2021 at 7:43 PM ]
Then we saying the same about Stafford? He isn't as good as some 9er fans think because of too much YAC? If he was really good, kupp would have air yards not yac yards
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Then we saying the same about Stafford? He isn't as good as some 9er fans think because of too much YAC? If he was really good, kupp would have air yards not yac yards

I imagine people would, if anyone was talking about Stafford. Pretty sure the Rams have a thread elsewhere. Why bring up Matt in here at this time?
Originally posted by mtl_49er:

That's great that Kupp has those yac yards. However,...thus far:

Stafford: 2477 Yards, 22 TDs, 4 INTs, 77.8 QBR
Garoppolo: 1428 Yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 47.3 QBR

So Kupp's YAC yards have accounted for 15% of Stafford's total yardage, while Deebo's YAC yards have accounted for 28% of Jimmy's total yardage. That's damn near twice by weight. That means Stafford's production has been nowhere near as reliant on Kupp's YAC like Jimmy's has w/Deebo.

Stafford doesn't have to be as good as anyone thinks or whatever. He's clearly better than what we have. He's nowhere near the greatest QB ever or anything, but him and Jimmy just aren't on the same level just as this year has thus far reminded us. Hell,...he's not even fully familiar with his new team yet and it's not close. Not even worth bringing up.

Everyone but Woo should be able to admit this.
[ Edited by random49er on Nov 2, 2021 at 9:24 PM ]
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I addressed the point in the post I replied to.

Kyle doesn't have a game plan for him and he has been too injured to play since his last start. Playing him with that college scheme isn't going to help him at all. It's will ruin him, like RGIII. That would be disappointing.

Kyle should use the playbook he sees using long term next time he starts him.

It's a silly point that lacks context. It always lacked context and gets overused in here for no reason outside of trying to makeup why he should sit...you can't compare one player and the path to how they got there to another....it's not black and white. We can do the same thing with every QB that's started day 1 and is now successful.

Too injured lol? he missed a week of "practices" and in those practices he's not even running Kyle's plays like you think he should be smh.

What college scheme? the one were he ran damn near the same concepts that Kyle does? the one that had him under center more than any QB in this draft. The one that had long drawn out verbiage and he had a chance to change the play at LOS based on coverage? The one where he was in charge of protection calls?

You're not sticking any rookie or 1st yr starter out there with your full playbook...I don't care who you are. Jimmy didn't get that in SF when he came in and he sat for yrs in NE. He just went out there and played football...it's exactly what guys like Mahomes/Watson/Herbert/Allen all did. They developed with the play book as they got more confident in their reads...you are NOT getting more confident doing that by not playing.

It's not even just about the playbook, it's about him reading defenses and getting live game speed reps. He can run a bunch of boots/PA and throw slants all the same. He can go to his 1st read on 60% of his throws all the same. He's gotta get a chance to see defenses though, he's not doing that (and running this offense) right now. Not even close.

Like I said if he had all the reps from day 1 he would have played MUCH better week 5 vs AZ than getting tossed in there with a weeks worth of reps with the 1st string, even though he's been sitting and "developing" for the past 5+ months according to all you.

All of you? LOL, don't be lazy like that. I speak for myself.

Someone said he would suck next year if he didn't start this year, that is why I mentioned Mahomes. He could be fine or suck either way.

Kyle got him hurt with all those runs in his first start. With that game plan, I don't think he would be able to stayn healthy of he started from game 1.

I'm fine with him starting if Kyle thinks he is ready and can get a better game plan for him to protect him.
Share 49ersWebzone