George Kittle, Charvarius Ward join 49ers injury list ahead of clash with Rams →

There are 134 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is what I'm talking about…you can't be an adult and admit the throw was high and behind. You've shown you can't be objective and you're bias as s**t. We all know it…it just makes any future debates you have in here less meaningful.

It's okay to say Jimmy isn't perfect, I'm sure he doesn't read anything anyone writes in here do your safe.

It's literally the dumbest argument I have ever had. I'm sorry. The ball hit him center mass right above the helmet not behind him. It was a good throw. Explain to me why a throw that hits a receiver right in the hands is being talked about? The announcer even says "he dropped it". It happens.

Jimmy is far from perfect. The other day when I was looking at past stats he would be similar to Jeff Garcia in most real stats if he played the same tenure with 9ers as Garcia did which he won't. He's Jeff Garcia to me. Good, sometimes fantastic, and sometimes pretty f**king meh. Like Garcia though I support him, you simply don't. If we want to talk real, then be honest. You do not support him. You never do. Since I started here all you did was s**t all over him. Never anything positive. If so it feels forced and bitter. I understand who he is. You hate him for who he is. And I've said this before but hate as in terms of sports hatred not like you actually hate the guy. I've even had the audacity to admit his leash is getting shorter with me. As random pointed out at one point I was ready to move on but I came back down to earth. If he can put together a few good games and we get healthy than hell yeah. If we lose one or two more and need a boost, I'm ready for Trey.

It's nice to support both guys and the team.

Now one day... Just to make a point I am going to do this to Trey. Remember this and remember I'm making a point not being a hater. I'm going to bring up pages, tweets, of him hitting a receiver in the hands and making a stupid argument about nothing really. Not every pass is perfect. That was still a good catchable ball.

Deebo is literally contorting his body to catch that pass and you claim it's a "good throw?" Come on dude. CATCHABLE, sure. Should have been caught, sure. NOT a good throw.

Ball should have been thrown somewhere around the yellow mark here:

Nice play of frame. It was center mass, right between the eyes. Not perfect but good.

Bad, but good enough to be caught. However, the fact that we managed to get you to admit at least that it was "not perfect" is a monumental achievement.
I was hoping comparing him to Garcia would get this stupid conversation moving.

Well it's a bad comparison. Jeff was a four time Pro-Bowler who had two 31+ touchdown seasons back when it wasn't common for QBs to do that (only THREE QBs hit 30 TDs in 2000 and 2001, when Jeff did it). Likewise, only three QBs had more than 4000 yards the season Jeff did.

There are other things we can look at, which we have looked at here, including dominance streaks (Jeff Garcia blows Jimmy out of the water on this).

Not to bring Jimmy down in this post, but you clearly don't remember how good Jeff Garcia was. I guess 2002-2005 Jeff was similar to Jimmy. But Jeff's best was clearly better than Jimmy's best.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Nov 3, 2021 at 9:36 AM ]
It's a good throw by Jimmy for a quick shallow crossing route by Deebo. I've seen much worse by HOF QB. Deebo had it. Drooped it.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 3, 2021 at 9:39 AM ]
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 3, 2021 at 9:38 AM ]
Originally posted by SkyZer0:
it was accurate enough to hit the receivers hands and be caught.

/topic

It was high and behind on a slant…you don't throw the ball behind someone who's running the opposite way. Totally catchable but again not a accurate ball.

Different view shows it

already looked at this view. and another view. and another. and 15+ pages of discussions about it. and film breakdown from fans about it.

accurate enough, lol.

Accurate enough to be caught, sure. But that ball placement is what separates the really good QBs from the mediocre ones.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
I'm still waiting to see the incomplete pass to Deebo over the middle. Anyone have that clip? Or will I have to wait for JDs video that probably won't show it.

1. explain why I should show it in how it has to answer why and how we won.
2. You can always buy gamepass yourself.
3. I'm sure there's guys on Twitter who will cover it.

4. Why bring me up at all?

Did they ever fix the bs where the All 22 film wasn't available?

They did. But, the interface is terrible for guys who use it to break stuff down so I had to get a VPN and then buy a new subscription out of India. Sucks...I had to pay ANOTHER $100 because the NFL sucks at breaking their own product and they wouldn't allow a refund as it was over a month after my subscription auto renewed.

Wow that is some serious bs.
Originally posted by mtl_49er:
Every QB missed throws, i don't get it, the guy many want him replaced for can sometimes miss the ocean from the beach. It happens. Hell look at mahomes all year. If you take out Tyreek and replace him with diggs, chiefs are probably 1-7 this year. It happens, guys have an awful stretch. God mahomes was like 1-10 on balls past 10 yards and he has Tyreek hill. Even the stuff he did complete was off by some 49er fan standards. Of held to jimmy standards, pat threw 48 times and maybe had 10 accurate passes

The argument isn't about Jimmy. The argument is about people who are convinced Jimmy is Joe Montana in Italian form (well, Joe is Italian too... perhaps they really are the same person? ).
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Guys, can we stop hating on each other and get back to IAY, nitpicking 1 of the 28 passes, olive oil and the semantics around properly expressing fan enthusiasm after a win?

Perfect.

Deebo had olive oil on his gloves to start the game. Fortunately, he properly expressed his unhappiness with it, turned it around and helped contribute to Garoppolo's higher IAY.

/ thread

Lol dude,... you bring up IAY once a day in this thread like popping a vitamin,...but it's everyone else going crazy over IAY and how important it is?

All we need now is 1 person to bite, then a 10 page back and forth about it, the you asking why people wanna talk about IAY as if you're over the topic.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Odd that you don't get the irony.
Then we saying the same about Stafford? He isn't as good as some 9er fans think because of too much YAC? If he was really good, kupp would have air yards not yac yards

Good thing Stafford is 5th in the NFL in IAY/PA (Jimmy is 28th... but that is an improvement over the last few years, so he's taking a bigger role in the offense this season).
Then we saying the same about Stafford? He isn't as good as some 9er fans think because of too much YAC? If he was really good, kupp would have air yards not yac yards

Good thing Stafford is 5th in the NFL in IAY/PA (Jimmy is 28th... but that is an improvement over the last few years, so he's taking a bigger role in the offense this season).

IAY

Right on cue.
[ Edited by NCommand on Nov 3, 2021 at 9:45 AM ]

Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Originally posted by random49er:
That's great that Kupp has those yac yards. However,...thus far:

Stafford: 2477 Yards, 22 TDs, 4 INTs, 77.8 QBR
Garoppolo: 1428 Yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 47.3 QBR

So Kupp's YAC yards have accounted for 15% of Stafford's total yardage, while Deebo's YAC yards have accounted for 28% of Jimmy's total yardage. That's damn near twice by weight. That means Stafford's production has been nowhere near as reliant on Kupp's YAC like Jimmy's has w/Deebo.

Stafford doesn't have to be as good as anyone thinks or whatever. He's clearly better than what we have. He's nowhere near the greatest QB ever or anything, but him and Jimmy just aren't on the same level just as this year has thus far reminded us. Hell,...he's not even fully familiar with his new team yet and it's not close. Not even worth bringing up.

Everyone but Woo should be able to admit this.

Who are you?

So weird that you drop my name like that.

Maybe ypu should get over what ever is bothering you.

Stafforsexual?

Lol don't act like we don't remember. It's okay to admit you were wrong, Woo. We don't judge you.

IAY

Right on cue.

You'll note the bold was brought up by someone OTHER than me... Presumably you can connect the dots.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
It's a good throw by Jimmy for a quick shallow crossing route by Deebo. I've seen much worse by HOF QB. Deebo had it. Drooped it.

well summarized

in other news
it was accurate enough to hit the receivers hands and be caught.

/topic

It was high and behind on a slant…you don't throw the ball behind someone who's running the opposite way. Totally catchable but again not a accurate ball.

Different view shows it

already looked at this view. and another view. and another. and 15+ pages of discussions about it. and film breakdown from fans about it.

accurate enough, lol.

Accurate enough to be caught, sure. But that ball placement is what separates the really good QBs from the mediocre ones.

most of you in here think he's mediocre anyways so by his standards it's a well-thrown ball, no? bad drop.

IAY

Right on cue.

You'll note the bold was brought up by someone OTHER than me... Presumably you can connect the dots.

Oh, no, i wasn't calling out you...just laughing at the irony of the topic coming up 'just' after i was posting...about the irony of the topic. Haha.
Share 49ersWebzone