There are 221 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • All22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Isnt that former Patriots Executive (s) now with the Texans?
Welcome to Texas Garrapolo !!!

Thats where he will end up unless Carolina, Washington or Denver offer more.

AFC > NFC… unless we get an absurd offer.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Jimmy haters at their finest again.

If I remember correctly, he led the team down the field to tie the game with this injury, so obviously it wasn't excruciating at that point. Look at Trey, he finished a game and dint know about his injury until later that night.

Twisting a cap is COMPLETELY different from grasping a throwing a football accurately.

Just stop it already. It's pathetic.

Honestly it's things like this that lead to I saw someone, recently or not, trying to create a petition to the organization to remove/disallow Cohn access to the locker room.

Jimmy's not that petty and certainly doesn't need the money and I'm sure there's protections for slime like Cohn. But I would almost take some perverse pleasure if Jimmy provided proof of his injury and slapped Cohn with a lawsuit- or even if Kyle did.

It's not going to happen, obviously. But really something like this shows the mentality of Cohn and most people already didn't like him to begin with.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Ok, I'll leave your conspiracy at that but again, what am I deflecting? Could you be specific?

For this instance….I said Jose wants Lance to fail, there's months worth of receipts backing that up in multiple threads. There's a Mac Jones thread with him propping him up and popping on Lance as well…so it's not just blind Jimmy love….Then you come out of right field talking about conspiracy theories, which has nothing to do with my comment. You deflect in here constantly.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Ok, I'll leave your conspiracy at that but again, what am I deflecting? Could you be specific?

For this instance….I said Jose wants Lance to fail, there's months worth of receipts backing that up in multiple threads. There's a Mac Jones thread with him propping him up and popping on Lance as well…so it's not just blind Jimmy love….Then you come out of right field talking about conspiracy theories, which has nothing to do with my comment. You deflect in here constantly.

Just because I didn't agree with a selection doesn't mean I want him to fail.

You hate Jimmy with a passion, but I never assumed you wanted him to fail because you're a niner fan.

Right?

RiGHT???

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 28, 2021 at 6:52 AM ]
Injury worse than KS led. Surprising
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Jimmy haters at their finest again.

If I remember correctly, he led the team down the field to tie the game with this injury, so obviously it wasn't excruciating at that point. Look at Trey, he finished a game and dint know about his injury until later that night.

Twisting a cap is COMPLETELY different from grasping a throwing a football accurately.

Just stop it already. It's pathetic.

Honestly it's things like this that lead to I saw someone, recently or not, trying to create a petition to the organization to remove/disallow Cohn access to the locker room.

Jimmy's not that petty and certainly doesn't need the money and I'm sure there's protections for slime like Cohn. But I would almost take some perverse pleasure if Jimmy provided proof of his injury and slapped Cohn with a lawsuit- or even if Kyle did.

It's not going to happen, obviously. But really something like this shows the mentality of Cohn and most people already didn't like him to begin with.

The problem is people click on his crap. People s**t on cohn all the time but if he posts something anti Jimmy posters drool all over it.

You pushed an obvious conspiracy because you want Jimmy to fail and have for months. I was pointing out the irony of your hypocrisy, I wasnt deflecting.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:07 AM ]
A lot of people in here without a clue what they're talking about with regards to Shanny's disclosure of the injury.

1. A sprain is LITERALLY a ligament tear; there was no misleading or underplaying the severity of the injury. Sprain and torn ligament mean the same thing

2. You realize that there is no real way to know the true extent of an injury until diagnostics are performed, correct? Radiology doesn't happen over night. We are given the information that the team has. If all they know is "hey man, my thumb is swollen, can't move, and hurts real bad" all the team docs and staff will know is "probably a sprain, let's send for imaging to know the full extent.". Once the full extent is known, more information comes out. If Schefter or whoever gets the information before the teams next media availability, you will likely hear it from schefty first.

3. Saying "sprained thumb" does not mean there is no other injury. He never said thumb sprain and that's it. The chipped bone is usually consequent of the sprain, and not a seperate injury, and so while they prob didn't even know at the time of the press conference, it isn't really even an intentional absence of information.

You pushed an obvious conspiracy because you want Jimmy to fail and have for months. I was pointing out the irony of your hypocrisy, I wasnt deflecting.

Believing Jimmy isn't truly too injured to play (tho I think that'd be silly) is not equal to hoping Jimmy will fail. Our thoughts on Jimmy and the teams thoughts on Jimmy are independent of one another. I'm also quite certain that you don't know what deflection is lol.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:16 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

3. Saying "sprained thumb" does not mean there is no other injury. He never said thumb sprain and that's it. The chipped bone is usually consequent of the sprain, and not a seperate injury, and so while they prob didn't even know at the time of the press conference, it isn't really even an intentional absence of information.

He literally denied there was a fracture. Imaging was already done. The report came out minutes after his conference. A chipped bone is a fracture.

https://theathletic.com/news/49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-misses-practice-with-thumb-injury-status-unclear-vs-texans/p3MR9pS1sLB9/
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:26 AM ]

Originally posted by 49ers808:

Twisting a bottle cap is so similar to throwing a football.

Great work Columbo.

He literally denied there was a fracture. Imaging was already done. The report came out minutes after his conference. A chipped bone is a fracture.

https://theathletic.com/news/49ers-jimmy-garoppolo-misses-practice-with-thumb-injury-status-unclear-vs-texans/p3MR9pS1sLB9/

Can't speak to if imaging was or was not done, or if Shanny had not gotten that information by the time of his press conference. However I think it's much more likely that shanahan simply did not know or did not understand the severity of the injury as opposed to blatantly lying about something that he knows is going to come out immediately afterwards.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:44 AM ]

Can't speak to if imaging was or was not done, or if Shanny had not gotten that information by the time of his press conference. However I think it's much more likely that shanahan simply did not know or did not understand the severity of the injury as opposed to blatantly lying about something that he knows is going to come out immediately afterwards.
Shanny was running practice and not holding Jimmy's hand while he's at the doctors
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:50 AM ]

Believing Jimmy isn't truly too injured to play (tho I think that'd be silly) is not equal to hoping Jimmy will fail. Our thoughts on Jimmy and the teams thoughts on Jimmy are independent of one another. I'm also quite certain that you don't know what deflection is lol.

The tweet specifically said Shananhan is lying. He's pushing a blatant and obvious conspiracy. Why do you suppose he'd do that?

#thumbgate
#shannyislying

Be honest... Why would posters here push that? Why would Afrikan and random openly mock me for showing the obvious injury? They simply want drama and to hate on Jimmy.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:54 AM ]
Just because I didn't agree with a selection doesn't mean I want him to fail.

You hate Jimmy with a passion, but I never assumed you wanted him to fail because you're a niner fan.

Right?

RiGHT???

I've spent $1000 of dollars flying cross country to watch Jimmy G play football. But yes I want him to fail & hate him….you've pissed on everything Lance since the day he was drafted. You're setting up unrealistic expectations so you can come in here and b***h because THATS what you want to do.

Find me a post where I said I hate Jimmy ever…If not shut up already with they b******t lies. It's stupid and old.
Share 49ersWebzone