There are 193 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
THats right. No reason to change the identity of the team. Run the ball, play ball control smash them in the mouth. This has been a winning formula. There's no reason to change it with a different qb.

Exactly this. I want the same gameplan as whatever they were planning to use with Jimmy.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
THats right. No reason to change the identity of the team. Run the ball, play ball control smash them in the mouth. This has been a winning formula. There's no reason to change it with a different qb.

Exactly this. I want the same gameplan as whatever they were planning to use with Jimmy.

Come on guys you can roll TL out which you can't with JG as he's not as athletic. You can take deep shots with TL as he has a live arm. You adapt your gameplan to your personnel it's called coaching. JG is the 2014 Honda Civic we drafted a 2021 Lambo you don't drive a Lambo 35 mph down to Safeway. Take this thing out on the freeway and let's see what this bad boy can do.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Come on guys you can roll TL out which you can't with JG as he's not as athletic. You can take deep shots with TL as he has a live arm. You adapt your gameplan to your personnel it's called coaching. JG is the 2014 Honda Civic we drafted a 2021 Lambo you don't drive a Lambo 35 mph down to Safeway. Take this thing out on the freeway and let's see what this bad boy can do.

Yes I agree. But you add to the current playbook with plays trey can handle. You don't completely change the identity of the team like what we saw in the Arizona game.

one thing has been playing better that i notice is Pass Protection.. i noticed jimmy had some good time in the pocket. i hope that helps Lance
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This will probably hurt our trade value. That's bad.

Not as bad as his play.

No reason to kick a man when he is down. JG is top 10 in rating this year and leads the NFL in yds/completion. He went to war for us compiling a 30-14 record as starter and appearing in a Super Bowl. The team could not win a game when this dude got of the tarmac and he wins more than twice as much as he loses that's great stuff. Hats off to JG for his service to the club but we aren't the fighting Jimmy Gs this is a team sport and next man up. I wish JG the best and hope we get some trade interest we need draft assets for sure.

He's not really anywhere near bad when healthy. His problem has been being hurt. Including this time.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

one thing has been playing better that i notice is Pass Protection.. i noticed jimmy had some good time in the pocket. i hope that helps Lance

Good call and if TL extends plays the job is to avoid holding. I want to see if KS moves the pocket with TL in ways he could not do with JG to help the o-line. Also a big red flag to avoid and we saw some of this from JG is what does the QB do if the play is off schedule or if everyone is covered? JG typically it would go downhill probably a sack or an int into coverage. What does TL have in his toolkit to turn these into positive plays or at least avoid a negative play? Hoping to see it.

I'm just saying that I don't think we should completely change the play calling like we did in his first start. 10 other guys are out there executing the game plan as well. If it's deep shots you want, that has been there all season but either Jimmy just didn't take the shot or he didn't hit it enough times to notice. It's his first start in a long time, first live game reps in a long time, we NEED the W to keep our playoff hopes alive. Run heavy gameplan (not meaning QB power runs) with easy passes off of the play action and rollouts should do it and of course if the explosives are there, Trey has the arm to get it there and should take them.
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Yeah it does look fine from that video.

But at the same time it's Grant Cohn- practically President of the "I hate Jimmy" club.

No one knows the context of anything here.

I think the context is pretty clear: it's not a full tear, it's a partial tear. Beyond that, people are probably just running with a story.

But yea there are players right now that have played on partial MCL and ACL tears for weeks! I think they mentioned this last game. When it's fully torn that's another ballgame.
Originally posted by random49er:

But at the same time it's Grant Cohn- practically President of the "I hate Jimmy" club.

I think the context is pretty clear: it's not a full tear, it's a partial tear. Beyond that, people are probably just running with a story.

But yea there are players right now that have played on partial MCL and ACL tears for weeks! I think they mentioned this last game. When it's fully torn that's another ballgame.

Didn't Tom Brady have a serious injury last year but played through it in the Playoffs?

Not as bad as his play.

No reason to kick a man when he is down. JG is top 10 in rating this year and leads the NFL in yds/completion. He went to war for us compiling a 30-14 record as starter and appearing in a Super Bowl. The team could not win a game when this dude got of the tarmac and he wins more than twice as much as he loses that's great stuff. Hats off to JG for his service to the club but we aren't the fighting Jimmy Gs this is a team sport and next man up. I wish JG the best and hope we get some trade interest we need draft assets for sure.

He's not really anywhere near bad when healthy. His problem has been being hurt. Including this time.

Let's not do this with Jimmy. Bay Area fans already blame injuries whenever their favorite player doesn't play well in other sports. He was playing poorly before the injury too and has been inconsistent all throughout the year.

Originally posted by 4ML:

Not as bad as his play.

Let's not do this with Jimmy. Bay Area fans already blame injuries whenever their favorite player doesn't play well in other sports. He was playing poorly before the injury too and has been inconsistent all throughout the year.

JG is consistently inconsistent.
Originally posted by NCommand:
There's some deep psychological stuff going on in here for many. Wow.

.. can't wait to pivot 100% to the Trey thread!

You've already laid the groundwork for chaos in there. Enjoy!😊
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Didn't Tom Brady have a serious injury last year but played through it in the Playoffs?

Stafford played with Jimmy's injury but random thinks screwing a bottle cap is a conspiracy.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Stafford played with Jimmy's injury but random thinks screwing a bottle cap is a conspiracy.

Uhhhh,...no? I just think it's partially torn. You taking up TheWooLick's job of speaking for every other poster?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
We need Treydey to do his slow motion zoomed in replay of Jimmy twisting off that bottle cap. 🧐

WITH the needless sound effect. Don't leave that out.

Heres you thinking Jimmy is not injured because he can twist a bottle cap.

Btw when you slow a video down that the sound it makes. By God...
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Dec 28, 2021 at 11:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone