There are 215 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Now that it's official he getting surgery , this thread should be in nfl talk quite soon

Where have you seen an official report of surgery?

Unless you have a link, don't claim it is official.

Thank you.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by NCommand:
what if jimmy had just thrown it away than taking a 5 sec 49er career ending sack

On 3rd and 10? LOL
in what world is taking a sack better ?

He's basically gone and you're still complaining.

He's basically gone and you're still defending.

At least his post was a valid question: would he have gotten injured if he didn't eat the sack? Is taking a sack better than an incomplete pass or a pass short of the sticks to Jennings on 3rd and 10? Not only was there not a complaint in his post, but even if there was, in what world is complaining about a play in our most recent loss that happened to also potentially end our QBs season less valuable than a post that says nothing except " he's basically gone and you're still complaining"

It's true that he probably would not have gotten injured if he had just thrown it away or dumped it off. That's just football though and you're going to get hit sometimes and you can get injured on any play.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Even though I am hard on jimmy, I really feel bad if he can't finish the season. He has played well enough to put us in this spot and I hope he can finish out (good or bad)

Same. Jimmy deserves better than to (possibly) have his 49er career end with an injury but I guess in a way it's fitting. Still, not the way I wanted it to end.

True, nobody wanted it to end like this. Same thing happened with Alex and Alex was playing the best football of his career at the time.

And Alex was just fine. If Jimmy performs at his new home he'll be just fine. If not, he's someone else's problem to deal with.

The question is can we get two -2nd rounders for Jimmy ?

Nope. I think we'll get a 3rd that can become a 2nd if he stays healthy. So a 3rd rounder.
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Dec 28, 2021 at 7:28 PM ]
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Too much disrespect for a SB QB. I'm not a Jimmy fan, but he had some great games for us.

That's not disrespect, it's supply and demand. Simple as that.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Originally posted by NCommand:
what if jimmy had just thrown it away than taking a 5 sec 49er career ending sack

On 3rd and 10? LOL
in what world is taking a sack better ?

He's basically gone and you're still complaining.

He's basically gone and you're still defending.

At least his post was a valid question: would he have gotten injured if he didn't eat the sack? Is taking a sack better than an incomplete pass or a pass short of the sticks to Jennings on 3rd and 10? Not only was there not a complaint in his post, but even if there was, in what world is complaining about a play in our most recent loss that happened to also potentially end our QBs season less valuable than a post that says nothing except " he's basically gone and you're still complaining"

It's true that he probably would not have gotten injured if he had just thrown it away or dumped it off. That's just football though and you're going to get hit sometimes and you can get injured on any play.

Oh, absolutely
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Now that it's official he getting surgery , this thread should be in nfl talk quite soon

Where have you seen an official report of surgery?

Unless you have a link, don't claim it is official.

Thank you.

Lmao
This injury removed any possibility of him being traded. The cap number, limited ability, and injury history will necessitate him being cut.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Too much disrespect for a SB QB. I'm not a Jimmy fan, but he had some great games for us.

That's not disrespect, it's TJMaxx. Simple as that.

Ftfy
Nope. I think we'll get a 3rd that can become a 2nd if he stays healthy. So a 3rd rounder.

Weeds legal in CA. Awesome.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Weeds legal in CA. Awesome.

Yeah, but the California teams are already set at QB. So there's that.

Im gonna miss this dude. Delivered some of the most clutch wins in the 2019 season. He was a b******t opi call and an overthrow from being a super bowl champion.

thanks Jimmy G, was clutch as hell when healthy
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Im gonna miss this dude. Delivered some of the most clutch wins in the 2019 season. He was a b******t opi call and an overthrow from being a super bowl champion.

thanks Jimmy G, was clutch as hell when healthy

clutch, lol
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This injury removed any possibility of him being traded. The cap number, limited ability, and injury history will necessitate him being cut.

He has a thumb injury, not a knee or something else. We should still be able to trade him.

I think he'll be traded, but we'll have to either eat some of his salary or settle for a late pick.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He didn't lose his thumb, he'll be healthy in just over a month.

He'll also be healthy in the offseason and there are plenty of teams that desperately need a QB who wins nearly 70% of the games he starts. I'm sure most of those teams won't also hamper him with a POS Oline and poor pass protection like Kyle has in their 4.5 seasons together.
Share 49ersWebzone