There are 269 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Too much disrespect for a SB QB. I'm not a Jimmy fan, but he had some great games for us.

That's not disrespect, it's supply and demand. Simple as that.
Knock yourself out with that line of thinking
Internet is choppy right now hope I'm not posting repeats. I wouldn't be mad to eat maybe 8m as long as we can extend Bosa, Deebo and some other guys. Make him an affordable solid stop gap veteran qb for a team that thinks it can draft or sign a qb in 2023. Has to be for a 2nd though. So we can try to move up into the first for a CB. Unless we can sign one in F/A. Then we just take what we can get and give him the final choice. He was solid for some years. Couldn't stay healthy and still needs to work on being consistent. Might be a guy that can finally reach his potential in his final couple seasons if anyone gives him a chance.

I think if we can build this cb position into something at least solid we'd be pretty set for Trey. We need help at O-line as well but I think we got a solid line enough to give us time to address CB. Draft another late round rb and keep fishing for a dependable back out of the bargain barrel.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:

Too much disrespect for a SB QB. I'm not a Jimmy fan, but he had some great games for us.

That's not disrespect, it's supply and demand. Simple as that.
Knock yourself out with that line of thinking

lol that pic is so funny
Get well soon Jimmy. He's been pretty good when healthy
So when do we first hear about his re-evaluation tomorrow?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

That's what Kyle said.
Originally posted by mayo49:

That's what Kyle said.

I know but what time?
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This injury removed any possibility of him being traded. The cap number, limited ability, and injury history will necessitate him being cut.

He didn't lose his thumb, he'll be healthy in just over a month.

He'll also be healthy in the offseason and there are plenty of teams that desperately need a QB who wins nearly 70% of the games he starts. I'm sure most of those teams won't also hamper him with a POS Oline and poor pass protection like Kyle has in their 4.5 seasons together.

I hope your right, I guess it only takes one desperate team, but I just can't fathom a team trading for his contract when you can just draft a guy in the mid rounds for pennies in the dollar and have similar performance.

To Jimmy's credit, he has an excellent release and is very good in late game situations.

Is there really a team out there that would trade for his contract? And if not, is there value for the Niners in eating part of the salary as opposed to spending it on FA's?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

That's what Kyle said.

I know but what time?

Probably, after practice at 3pm or so. I'm guessing, but his pressers are usually around that time. We should hear something definitely tomorrow, though.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 28, 2021 at 8:50 PM ]

Originally posted by Dsoto87:
There is no conspiracy.

The only way the injury is fake is if Jimmy is in on it. And if Jimmy is in on it that says a lot about his character and Im glad were moving on.

With that said, I absolutely do no believe that is the case. As much as I have not been happy with Jimmys play, I dont think hes a quitter like that. And if it turned out the Niners were lying about the injury the backlash and accompanying lawsuit would be insane.

The guy is hurt. Theres a million reasons why he may not have had issues opening that bottle. Lets move on from the stupid conspiracy talk.

I'm not sure with him anymore and what he says. Remember earlier in the year when he hurt his calf? He said right after the game, before even an MRI was taken, "looks I may be out a few weeks ". Steve Young the next day commented that he's never seen an NFL QB declare himself out like that before getting doctors opinions. Next thing we know it was just a bruise.

So if Jimmy or his agent are just saying to lay low and sit out, this is pretty much like the college players preserving themselves and their draft stock instead of playing in bowl games. CMC did it, as well as other notable players not wanting to risk their value.
This injury removed any possibility of him being traded. The cap number, limited ability, and injury history will necessitate him being cut.

He'll also be healthy in the offseason and there are plenty of teams that desperately need a QB who wins nearly 70% of the games he starts. I'm sure most of those teams won't also hamper him with a POS Oline and poor pass protection like Kyle has in their 4.5 seasons together.

I hope your right, I guess it only takes one desperate team, but I just can't fathom a team trading for his contract when you can just draft a guy in the mid rounds for pennies in the dollar and have similar performance.

To Jimmy's credit, he has an excellent release and is very good in late game situations.

Is there really a team out there that would trade for his contract? And if not, is there value for the Niners in eating part of the salary as opposed to spending it on FA's?

Most QBs after the 1st don't make. Its risky business. It The idea that you can get similar performance, eh. He's middle of the pack at worst. If he could stay healthy it would be a 1st plus a little extra. Being damaged goods knocks it down to a 2nd which should be conditional. Then there is league wide perception of is it more Shanny or is it Jimmy? Nevertheless he's a good QB. Perfect guy to buy you 1-3 years, if not more. But all of this is pure conjecture. We will know whats up come offseaaon and get to see what the more desperate teams do to fix their situation in a perceived poor QB draft.

Yeah, Jimmy will have a much better chance to succeed away from Shanahan.

Yeah, Jimmy will have a much better chance to succeed away from Shanahan.

This could make a inter divisional trade to Sea even better. Can you imagine Jimmy G with the Seahawks O line?
  • jcs
  • Veteran

Saints are a starting qb away from being a playoff contender. They are just an example of a team that needs help now. Carolina is another because their hc is running out of opportunities and they have a dominate defense today.
Share 49ersWebzone