There are 248 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why is Jimmy still a thing here?
What can we reasonably expect to get in trade for Jimmy? He's getting older and is injury prone.

We don't have much leverage either, teams know we are letting him go this off-season and he has a say in where he wants to go. Id be happy with a 3rd remember going into the season hoping we'd net a 1st if he balled out
Jimmy is injured, coming off a horrible game, and has to okay a trade to happen. I just don't see how it favors us at all..... If any team was interested they would just wait till he gets cut, but I could be totally wrong so theres that.
Originally posted by jcs:
Saints are a starting qb away from being a playoff contender. They are just an example of a team that needs help now.

For the 283rd time in this thread alone.....

The Saints are projected to be $66M over the cap next year. They aren't going to clear over $90M in capspace and then trade assets for Jimmy Garoppolo. Especially not when they were 5-2 with a $5M a year Jameis Winston at the helm.

I know you Jimmy fans want to believe a good team would want him, but can you please stop bringing up the Saints. The chances he ends up there are zero.
Since Jimmy's time is coming to an end, can someone Post all of Jimmy G's Playoff highlights where ITS BIG TIME THROWS? I appreciate it and thanks in advance.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Since Jimmy's time is coming to an end, can someone Post all of Jimmy G's Playoff highlights where ITS BIG TIME THROWS? I appreciate it and thanks in advance.

Here you go:

You're welcome.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Here you go:

You're welcome.

thanks, it probably took you months to gather all that video footage and decide what was worthy from all his great playoff plays that got us to the Super Bowl and then to pick all the highlights from the Super Bowl..... KUDOS!

Here you go:

You're welcome.

thanks, it probably took you months to gather all that video footage and decide what was worthy from all his great playoff plays that got us to the Super Bowl and then to pick all the highlights from the Super Bowl..... KUDOS!

I retract my post. I am sure there were a couple in the Superbowl worthy of being listed. That's my bad.

Here you go:

You're welcome.

I retract my post. I am sure there were a couple in the Superbowl worthy of being listed. That's my bad.

agreed, its good that you can admit that you're at fault.... heres one of his BIG TIME THROWS

damn sanders could've ran faster...... he was holding Jimmy Back no wonder we let him go.
  • All22
  • Veteran
Saints are a starting qb away from being a playoff contender. They are just an example of a team that needs help now.

The Saints are projected to be $66M over the cap next year. They aren't going to clear over $90M in capspace and then trade assets for Jimmy Garoppolo. Especially not when they were 5-2 with a $5M a year Jameis Winston at the helm.

I know you Jimmy fans want to believe a good team would want him, but can you please stop bringing up the Saints. The chances he ends up there are zero.

The Broncos would be perfect. AFC, a similar offense and a friendly FO.

2022 2nd and 2023 3rd.

He didn't lose his thumb, he'll be healthy in just over a month.

He'll also be healthy in the offseason and there are plenty of teams that desperately need a QB who wins nearly 70% of the games he starts. I'm sure most of those teams won't also hamper him with a POS Oline and poor pass protection like Kyle has in their 4.5 seasons together.

Here we go again with this nonsense of attributing team stats to the QB.
Which team wants an injury-prone, 27+ million QB who is a statue, a turnover machine while offering next to zero downfield or big play upside, while also unable to read defenses consistently in year 8 in the league ?
Originally posted by Since07:
What can we reasonably expect to get in trade for Jimmy? He's getting older and is injury prone.

We don't have much leverage either, teams know we are letting him go this off-season and he has a say in where he wants to go. Id be happy with a 3rd remember going into the season hoping we'd net a 1st if he balled out

Jimmy has no say in where he goes come March. The no trade clause was for 2021.

Teams get desperate, and Jimmy has proven he can play well when healthy. We won't get a 1st, maybe a 2nd outright if enough teams bid, or multiple picks (say a 3rd and a 5th).

We'll get something. It's a good time to be trading a genuine starting calibre QB as the draft/FA is pretty bad.

Supply and demand is on our side as well as quite a few teams who look ready to push for playoffs if they had better QB play.
Originally posted by JaggedJ:
Originally posted by Since07:

Jimmy has no say in where he goes come March. The no trade clause was for 2021.

Teams get desperate, and Jimmy has proven he can play well when healthy. We won't get a 1st, maybe a 2nd outright if enough teams bid, or multiple picks (say a 3rd and a 5th).

We'll get something. It's a good time to be trading a genuine starting calibre QB as the draft/FA is pretty bad.

Supply and demand is on our side as well as quite a few teams who look ready to push for playoffs if they had better QB play.

I can actually see the Giants doing a trade for Jimmy for exactly what you said, a 3rd and 5th. Maybe conditional based on playing time etc.

They need help at QB badly while the staff is needing to win games. Jimmy could be a good stop gap while they develop whom ever they pick this year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:

The Broncos would be perfect. AFC, a similar offense and a friendly FO.

2022 2nd and 2023 3rd.

Yeah, and plenty of money.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
He didn't lose his thumb, he'll be healthy in just over a month.

He'll also be healthy in the offseason and there are plenty of teams that desperately need a QB who wins nearly 70% of the games he starts. I'm sure most of those teams won't also hamper him with a POS Oline and poor pass protection like Kyle has in their 4.5 seasons together.

Here we go again with this nonsense of attributing team stats to the QB.
Which team wants an injury-prone, 27+ million QB who is a statue, a turnover machine while offering next to zero downfield or big play upside, while also unable to read defenses consistently in year 8 in the league ?

Plenty... There are teams that have QBs that play like Jimmy did last game nearly every game.
Share 49ersWebzone