There are 255 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Just a reminder, a grade 3 sprain is the highest severity and means a complete tear of the ligament. We'll see if he's a full participant today, but I have my doubts.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So… when do we hear the truth?

Because as far as I'm concerned, there is no confirmation Jimmy is missing any time, yet. The discussion for the last 48 hours could be all for naught

I CALLED IT

A grade 3 sprain? He has a chance to play in the same way that Kyler Murray had a chance to play against us.

He'll be the number 2 and will come in if trey bombs out. what the rest time for grade 3?

Yep
he won't play.. He's shutting it down for the Draft

he won't play. unless trey looks inept. Then he will get a few meaningless tds, and on to the finale.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
memo to arm chair epidemiologist...you can contract covid multiple times
You can contract the flu multiple times too, what's your point?

That "letting the whole team get it and be done with it" literally made zero sense.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
More weight to the conspiracy theory if Trey plays and Jimmy backs him up

Don't say conspiracy theory someone might get mad in here 👀

Because as far as I'm concerned, there is no confirmation Jimmy is missing any time, yet. The discussion for the last 48 hours could be all for naught

I CALLED IT

A grade 3 sprain? He has a chance to play in the same way that Kyler Murray had a chance to play against us.

He'll be the number 2 and will come in if trey bombs out. what the rest time for grade 3?

Yep

he won't play. unless trey looks inept. Then he will get a few meaningless tds, and on to the finale.
he won't suit up is what i meant.
Just a reminder, a grade 3 sprain is the highest severity and means a complete tear of the ligament. We'll see if he's a full participant today, but I have my doubts.

Have qbs played with grade three? what is the recovery time?

I CALLED IT

Yep

Well, it doesn't need surgery. And kyle says he has a chance to play. probably they keep sudfeld and jimmy active.

A non-displaced full tear with associated bone avulsion (which is what it sounds like his injury is) typically requires 4-6 weeks of immobilization. The fact that it is non-displaced (as assumed by the decision to not require surgery) lends to a much more positive overall prognostic outcome in the long run.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 29, 2021 at 12:12 PM ]
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
memo to arm chair epidemiologist...you can contract covid multiple times
You can contract the flu multiple times too, what's your point?

the point is there is no get it and be done with it

herp derp derp

I can't find any examples of QBs that played with a grade 3. Stafford played with a grade 2. Brees had a grade 3 sprain and missed 6 weeks.

Sounds like Jimmy is starting on Sunday lol

I really feel it's not inept. Wish folks would stop this s**t. The bottom line Jimmy finish the season and hit the road. Trey will have no impact on playoffs good or bad and get a bunch of s**t from fans and press if not perfect.

Said it earlier this crap should not be put on Treys shoulders this early in his career. Live and die by Jimmy. It's again his injury issue at a bad time.

Play Jimmy till the last wheel falls off and hit the road.

I CALLED IT

Yep

Well, it doesn't need surgery. And kyle says he has a chance to play. probably they keep sudfeld and jimmy active.
it's just HC headline play
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Hope Jimmy plays. I don't think he's the future, and we should definitely roll with Trey starting next season. But this year the team committed to Jimmy, so now we live or die by his arm.

let Jimmy finish out the season and whatever playoff success he brings. Rebuild for next year for Trey Lance in the the offseason.

This was an article from when Drew Lock had a grade 2 sprain…they said Jimmy doesn't need surgery so I'm not really sure, grade 3 is bad.

Dr. Steven Shin, director of hand surgery at Cedars-Sinai Kerlan-Job Institute in Los Angeles and a hand consultant for the NFL's Rams, said in a phone interview that Lock likely did not sustain a complete tear of a ligament because no surgery will be required.

"A Grade 2 is a partial tear of the ligament and (the recovery time) is usually 5-6 weeks and then start throwing," Shin said.

Shin said 90 percent of thumb ligament injuries involve the ulnar collateral ligament of the metacarpophalangeal joint. A Grade 1 sprain is mild and requires 2-3 weeks recovery and a Grade 3 injury is a complete tear and requires surgery and 10-12 weeks of recovery.

The usual timetable for a Grade 2 sprain would keep Lock from throwing until at least Week 4 of the regular season and a new rehabilitation clock would start once he begins to practice.
Share 49ersWebzone