There are 259 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lets see if he can even make it through a full practice today. I feel like this is more of a gamesmanship thing to keep the Texans guessing.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Essentially, Jimmy has an avulsion fracture of the thumb. They can call it a sprain, but it's a tear severe enough to pull ligament + bone fragment off the bone. It won't heal right if he doesn't treat it.

10 years of experience in the orthopedic field tells me he is better off not playing. We are better off without him playing too since he won't be able to throw normally.

who knows whats going on
I think Trey should start this week. Houston is very beatable.
If it was my choice I think I would be starting Trey over a Jimmy with an injured thumb. I think a lot will depend on how Kyle sees Jimmy Vs Trey at this point. He sees them in practice, not us. If he does think Trey might give us the better chance of winning it all. This week would be the perfect excuse to pull the trigger. If Trey looks bad, then you can go back to an Injured Jimmy against the Rams. Where if we win the Rams game, even if we somehow lost to the Texans we would still likely make the playoffs. It will all depend on how Kyle sees these two QBs but it could be a good chance to go with Trey but still have a potential second chance at the playoffs if it turns out he is not ready.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Guarantee if we were out of the playoff race trey would play. I get that they want jimmy out there but it is frustrating seeing the whole jekyll and Hyde performance with Jimmy. Jimmy is at the apex of high pressure rn with an injury and a must win game against a team that beat down another really good team. His leash should be short but idk what Kyle's mindset is.

This trying to kill two birds with one stone thing is infuriating...trying to win now and develop the next fqb the franchise invested heavy capital into is not easy. The problem I have is that the team is actually held back by the QB who defines "win now"... and is barely a playoff team as is.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

not ... really...
So excited to hear excuses for Jimmy g when he sucks. Oh his thumb is injured. He's really being tough playing right now. Ugh
Originally posted by Method:
So excited to hear excuses for Jimmy g when he sucks. Oh his thumb is injured. He's really being tough playing right now. Ugh
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

not ... really...

If shanny loses with either Trey or Jimmy he should be punched in his underdeveloped testicle
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Lets see if he can even make it through a full practice today. I feel like this is more of a gamesmanship thing to keep the Texans guessing.

Ding ding

The entire Webzone roster of Jimmy Garoppolo haters will instantly melt down like an RBMK reactor if Garoppolo starts this Sunday's game.

Bank on it.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

not ... really...

Houston is a trap team
Best part of that press conference: Jimmy opened another water bottle with his right hand lol. I'm sure that made Cohn go wild.

(Seriously, the dude is hurt. Take off the tinfoil hats.)
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The entire Webzone roster of Jimmy Garoppolo haters will instantly melt down like an RBMK reactor if Garoppolo starts this Sunday's game.

Bank on it.
If shanny loses with either Trey or Jimmy he should be punched in his underdeveloped testicle

its football...sh!t happens. I can see them potentially losing even with healthy Jimmy or Trey...the problem is if he starts an injured QB knowing he cant throw over a healthy QB he himself hand picked and spent three first round picks on....he will deserve getting crapped on by everyone with a pulse.
[ Edited by the_dynasty on Dec 29, 2021 at 12:38 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone