There are 238 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? He lost us the game.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

If your eyes don't tell you he's trash it's time to switch sports.

Christ...

Two bad INTs and a bad miss to Juice. That's three plays. I agree if he plays better we win. But to call it among "worst career games"? Let's take the whole game for what it was.

Saying lost us the game doesn't really mean much. For instance imagine someone catches 10 passes for 188 yards and 2 scores. Imagine same player drops a game winning TD. You could rightly say he "lost us the game" and indeed if he makes that one play we win. But in reality how would we have fared if he didn't play at all? It's an open question.

26-35, 74%, 322 pass yds, 1 TD 2 INT, 88 rating
Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Christ...
Whers's the Jimmy JFC.. thumb lickin good
let's be clear, the 3rd down defense and Jimmy lost us the game.

But jimmy over throwing Kyle Jusz was a damn killer. that would have changed the game IMO.

Two bad INTs and a bad miss to Juice. That's three plays. I agree if he plays better we win. But to call it among "worst career games"? Let's take the whole game for what it was.

Saying lost us the game doesn't really mean much. For instance imagine someone catches 10 passes for 188 yards and 2 scores. Imagine same player drops a game winning TD. You could rightly say he "lost us the game" and indeed if he makes that one play we win. But in reality how would we have fared if he didn't play at all? It's an open question.

like he said... you didn't watch the game. it wasn't one or two plays.. it was overall bad. If it weren't for Deebo being a stud.. it was a really bad day
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 29, 2021 at 1:47 PM ]

He lost us the game. He lost the SB in the 4th.

The best stat I like is winning. He's not a winner when it counts. We win despite him most of the time And now he's not healthy.

Sorry but the 49ers drafted Lance because it was obvious Jimmy is not the answer. I'm ready to turn the page and see what we have with Lance.

To a degree.

But then also to a larger degree anyone who believes that one single player loses a game that features 22 men on the field at almost all times is being extremely short sighted.

Jimmy played his part in the loss without a doubt. So too did the defense that allowed Tennessee to get into field goal range and allowed a 20 plus yard scramble to Tannehill with the game on the line. That after bottling up Tennessee's offense for the entire first half with Tannehill having a high completion percentage but no big plays started to rather routinely give up big chunk plays in the second half.

Heck Trent Williams jumping early was a big play that turned a makeable 4th and 1 into a 4th and 6th that we didn't convert late in the game. Didn't Alex Mack have a holding penalty or someone did to erase a nice play as well?

I'm no "Jimmy stan" whatever we call that or wherever we came up from that. I think all in all he's been a pretty good quarterback and I've defended him on here because if nothing else I've seen franchise after franchise get it wrong year after year if not for decades trying to find their go to franchise quarterback. Jimmy it would seem is clearly not that but the grass isn't always greener with other guys either.

People can't have it both ways. They can't say, "You can't cite Jimmy's won loss record because that's a team stat" and then say, "Jimmy lost us the game" when there were 10 other guys on offense, and more than that subbing in, 11 guys on defense, and more than that subbing in, and guys on special teams who in multiple cases and perhaps at multiple times screwed something up along the way.
[ Edited by OhioNiner on Dec 29, 2021 at 1:48 PM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Agree with you here man, that loss was on Jimmy BUT it certainly wasn't his worst game. I wanna say his home opener vs Arizona last season might be worst than this past one. People like to exaggerate the hell outta things because its a loss.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

like he said... you didn't watch the game. it wasn't one or two plays.. it was overall bad. If it weren't for Deebo being a stud.. it was a really bad day

Really if one didn't watch the game they would judge only on the lowlights which were shared on here or on YouTube as the big moments of the game. One who watched the game would see all 35 pass attempts and judge them for what they were.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
I have no problem with Jimmy trying to tough it out. Thats what I want out of my quarterback. I certainly prefer it to declaring yourself out a couple of weeks for a calf strain immediately following a game prior to testing or evaluation.

😂 only it wasn't even a strain, his calf got concussed.

I mean a "contusion"
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Agree with you here man, that loss was on Jimmy BUT it certainly wasn't his worst game. I wanna say his home opener vs Arizona last season might be worst than this past one. People like to exaggerate the hell outta things because its a loss.
nah it was bad.. every pass was awfull. every thing was high, inaccurate, took 5 sec protection sacks.. just bad
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by OhioNiner:

To a degree.

But then also to a larger degree anyone who believes that one single player loses a game that features 22 men on the field at almost all times is being extremely short sighted.

Jimmy played his part in the loss without a doubt. So too did the defense that allowed Tennessee to get into field goal range and allowed a 20 plus yard scramble to Tannehill with the game on the line. That after bottling up Tennessee's offense for the entire first half with Tannehill having a high completion percentage but no big plays started to rather routinely give up big chunk plays in the second half.

Heck Trent Williams jumping early was a big play that turned a makeable 4th and 1 into a 4th and 6th that we didn't convert late in the game. Didn't Alex Mack have a holding penalty or someone did to erase a nice play as well?

I'm no "Jimmy stan" whatever we call that or wherever we came up from that. I think all in all he's been a pretty good quarterback and I've defended him on here because if nothing else I've seen franchise after franchise get it wrong year after year if not for decades trying to find their go to franchise quarterback. Jimmy it would seem is clearly not that but the grass isn't always greener with other guys either.

People can't have it both ways. They can't say, "You can't cite Jimmy's won loss record because that's a team stat" and then say, "Jimmy lost us the game" when there were 10 other guys on offense, and more than that subbing in, 11 guys on defense, and more than that subbing in, and guys on special teams who in multiple cases and perhaps at multiple times screwed something up along the way.

Absolutely love your post Ohio, always the voice of reason.
Share 49ersWebzone