Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
what about the 2nd 30 mins
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? He lost us the game.

People can't have it both ways. They can't say, "You can't cite Jimmy's won loss record because that's a team stat" and then say, "Jimmy lost us the game" when there were 10 other guys on offense, and more than that subbing in, 11 guys on defense, and more than that subbing in, and guys on special teams who in multiple cases and perhaps at multiple times screwed something up along the way.

Sure they can. "Jimmy is X and Y as a starter!" contains no context and thus the win-loss record of a TEAM cannot fully or accurately portray the abilities of an individual player. "Jimmy lost this game for our team because of X and Y" does contain the context to attribute a loss to one individual primary contributer.

Interception in the endzone. Loss of points. Missed Juice. Loss of points. Interception on our side of the field. Led to their points. Yes, the defense struggled mightily in the second half. Yes, special teams are as abysmal as we've all come to expect. With that said, you expect your QB to be good enough to overcome these struggles, and make up for any weak links. No QB, no matter how good, can make up for a bad team 17 games a year. But one or two? Absolutely. Versus a beat up Titans team, Jimmy handed them the game. Going into half time someone tweeted how good the defense had looked. I responded, long road trip on a short week, offense is going to need to start sustaining some drives if we are to hold up. And sure enough, turnovers and short drives without points led to our defense getting absolutely gassed.

Common sense to us.
Yes it's a team game where the QB matters the most. He lost that game. Inaccurate, won't go deep, timid, holding on too long etc etc. he was a mess.

Agree to disagree. He had three or four completely terrible plays. If he cleaned those up (avoids the INTs, hits Juice, maybe hits Aiyuk) then we are looking at 350+ yards, multi-TDs, a win a tremendous game given the circumstance (injured, on road, short week, good opponent). Obviously this didn't happen. I would say it was a potentially great game marred by a handful of really terrible mistakes.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Yes it's a team game where the QB matters the most. He lost that game. Inaccurate, won't go deep, timid, holding on too long etc etc. he was a mess.
lol, blaming the Defense or whatnot when the offense is in charge of scoring

Bro it's insane the stuff we read here. We are all emotional (which is why I try to avoid game days lol) but I mean.... cmon man! Jimmy sucks. You can only polish a turd so much. Just ask Kyle.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? He lost us the game.

Two bad INTs and a bad miss to Juice. That's three plays. I agree if he plays better we win. But to call it among "worst career games"? Let's take the whole game for what it was.

Saying lost us the game doesn't really mean much. For instance imagine someone catches 10 passes for 188 yards and 2 scores. Imagine same player drops a game winning TD. You could rightly say he "lost us the game" and indeed if he makes that one play we win. But in reality how would we have fared if he didn't play at all? It's an open question.

26-35, 74%, 322 pass yds, 1 TD 2 INT, 88 rating

Agree with you here man, that loss was on Jimmy BUT it certainly wasn't his worst game. I wanna say his home opener vs Arizona last season might be worst than this past one. People like to exaggerate the hell outta things because its a loss.
nah it was bad.. every pass was awfull. every thing was high, inaccurate, took 5 sec protection sacks.. just bad

Right, but was it his worst??

Didn't we lose by 50 points last week? Feels like it going by some of the views here

And as bad as they put it, you would've thought Jimmy was benched in the middle of the 2nd quarter.

Wha...? He wasn't benched? OMG

Agree to disagree. He had three or four completely terrible plays. If he cleaned those up (avoids the INTs, hits Juice, maybe hits Aiyuk) then we are looking at 350+ yards, multi-TDs, a win a tremendous game given the circumstance (injured, on road, short week, good opponent). Obviously this didn't happen. I would say it was a potentially great game marred by a handful of really terrible mistakes.

Are you listening to yourself? IF he DIDNT PLAY BAD he would have been great !?

reality check- he played bad!

Bro it's insane the stuff we read here. We are all emotional (which is why I try to avoid game days lol) but I mean.... cmon man! Jimmy sucks. You can only polish a turd so much. Just ask Kyle.

You'll have to explain how someone who sucks is 30-14, leads the NFL in yds/completion, is top 10 in rating, etc. Good luck. After the Falcons he's Jimmy Jesus. After the Titans he's a "turd" who "sucks".

Could the truth lie somewhere in between?

I just wanted consistency , that was it.. didn't happen

You'll have to explain how someone who sucks is 30-14, leads the NFL in yds/completion, is top 10 in rating, etc. Good luck. After the Falcons he's Jimmy Jesus. After the Titans he's a "turd" who "sucks".

It is so much like that one here. Any psych analysing this fan base would conclude Bipolar

Yes. When the game actually comes down to him having to win it- most of the time we will lose.

He's the Jesus turd?

Does not look like his accuracy improved much. This is #1 thing with Lance. Accuracy.

Is anyone shocked?

if those numbers meant anything, then we should have teams beating down the doors for jimmy and jimmy should be getting national praise. but no one outside of the 49er fan base can give a s**t about dude.

i waited 5 years, i'm not going to play make believe anymore.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 29, 2021 at 2:12 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone