There are 195 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

He just lets his camp spill the beans to the media lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yes it's a team game where the QB matters the most. He lost that game. Inaccurate, won't go deep, timid, holding on too long etc etc. he was a mess.

Agree to disagree. He had three or four completely terrible plays. If he cleaned those up (avoids the INTs, hits Juice, maybe hits Aiyuk) then we are looking at 350+ yards, multi-TDs, a win a tremendous game given the circumstance (injured, on road, short week, good opponent). Obviously this didn't happen. I would say it was a potentially great game marred by a handful of really terrible mistakes.

Are you listening to yourself? IF he DIDNT PLAY BAD he would have been great !?

reality check- he played bad!

I can't believe this s**t I read in here at times
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He probably got told to zip it after his premature calf comments.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Does not look like his accuracy improved much. This is #1 thing with Lance. Accuracy.

I think he is intentionally leading the stationary receiver who is moving in real life... but yeah, a couple of the leads were a little much
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Nothing makes sense. Does grade three require surgery or not? How can it be a "complete tear" if the bone chip "isn't moving?"

No matter. if trey can dog paddle his way through this, fine.

But that Mills guy is looking real good. i'm not sure what we do with no Mitchell.

The Texans have the worst offense in the league…they're near the bottom in run D DVOA. They're gonna run the ball a lot regardless of who's the QB.

Mills got to face half a LAC team…Covid killed them last week.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

huh? no one knew of the injury until monday
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by OhioNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? He lost us the game.

To a degree.

But then also to a larger degree anyone who believes that one single player loses a game that features 22 men on the field at almost all times is being extremely short sighted.

Jimmy played his part in the loss without a doubt. So too did the defense that allowed Tennessee to get into field goal range and allowed a 20 plus yard scramble to Tannehill with the game on the line. That after bottling up Tennessee's offense for the entire first half with Tannehill having a high completion percentage but no big plays started to rather routinely give up big chunk plays in the second half.

Heck Trent Williams jumping early was a big play that turned a makeable 4th and 1 into a 4th and 6th that we didn't convert late in the game. Didn't Alex Mack have a holding penalty or someone did to erase a nice play as well?

I'm no "Jimmy stan" whatever we call that or wherever we came up from that. I think all in all he's been a pretty good quarterback and I've defended him on here because if nothing else I've seen franchise after franchise get it wrong year after year if not for decades trying to find their go to franchise quarterback. Jimmy it would seem is clearly not that but the grass isn't always greener with other guys either.

People can't have it both ways. They can't say, "You can't cite Jimmy's won loss record because that's a team stat" and then say, "Jimmy lost us the game" when there were 10 other guys on offense, and more than that subbing in, 11 guys on defense, and more than that subbing in, and guys on special teams who in multiple cases and perhaps at multiple times screwed something up along the way.

Absolutely love your post Ohio, always the voice of reason.

Thank you

Yes it's a team game where the QB matters the most. He lost that game. Inaccurate, won't go deep, timid, holding on too long etc etc. he was a mess.

And yet again, kind of like the Seattle game where he started hot, got hurt, and played poorly until he ultimately left, if he got hurt and especially if he tore his UCL ligament than yes his accuracy will suffer and yes his confidence in what he could do on the field might have suffered as well.

I'm not trying to make excuses for him as he is who he is. But what's funny is what everyone who wants to continually throw him under the bus for almost literally every single loss in a given season, and yes that occurs, almost none of those same people credit him for finding a way to battle through and rally to almost every single team come down the field and tie the game or take a lead.

And if the QB matters most than the QB matters most on both sides of the field and on both teams. Which means conversely you'd better be able to cover the other team's receivers. And too many times we can't do that. Particularly with Norman and Thomas, or even Lenoir or *gasp* Dontae Johnson.

Team games are team games, in all team sports and if there's a letdown somewhere than it's up to other guys to play a bit better. If your pitcher gets shelled score more runs. If your hitters aren't hitting pitch and field better. I know that's easy to say behind a computer but the reality is too even as Kittle said, "Our best players didn't play their best game." That means not only Jimmy, but Kittle, Williams, Nick Bosa, Fred Warner... but of course it solely and completely is Jimmy's fault. Sorry not buying it.
I swear, it's as though people check their brains at the door when they come into these QB threads. The amount of nit picking and hair splitting that goes on in here and the Trey Lance thread is really off the charts as posters are just intent on convincing people who stopped listening to them a long time ago about the "truth" of their opinions, no matter what side of the debate they are on. It's just endless.

Having gotten that said I see that Jimmy thinks he will be able to play against Houston. Not sure I am crazy about that idea. This game is too important for making it to the post season and I don't want there to be any excuses about how he wasn't able to throw the ball effectively or have it lead to another game changing interception. I think I would almost prefer Lance to start. Give the Texans something to think about and maybe have his mobility help the offense out a bit. I also think having him in there might add an extra bit of motivation for everyone else on the team as they not only try to help make this start a success for him but also focus in on the job of making it to the playoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Look at my boy, Lance. Go get it!
Originally posted by 49ers81:
I swear, it's as though people check their brains at the door when they come into these QB threads. The amount of nit picking and hair splitting that goes on in here and the Trey Lance thread is really off the charts as posters are just intent on convincing people who stopped listening to them a long time ago about the "truth" of their opinions, no matter what side of the debate they are on. It's just endless.

Having gotten that said I see that Jimmy thinks he will be able to play against Houston. Not sure I am crazy about that idea. This game is too important for making it to the post season and I don't want there to be any excuses about how he wasn't able to throw the ball effectively or have it lead to another game changing interception. I think I would almost prefer Lance to start. Give the Texans something to think about and maybe have his mobility help the offense out a bit. I also think having him in there might add an extra bit of motivation for everyone else on the team as they not only try to help make this start a success for him but also focus in on the job of making it to the playoffs.

I trust in KS he puts the team above all and we need a win. That said I'm thinking 99.9% TL will play. Would be stunned to see JG here due to the injury he's not really giving it a go today in practice and you draft Lance for this exact situation we knew JG had a history of missing time.

Originally posted by mayo49:

Bs, you were a Mac guy!
With Jimmy at 100% you still don't know what your gonna get. If he's 90% I don't want him anywhere near the first squad. Cause if he plays and ends up throwing INT's you can already hear the excuses. F that. I'd rather win or lose with lance.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Niners99:
I like how Jimmy said "I played the entire Titans game with it hurt, so I think I can go this week." Uh, you had one of your worst career games. How about sit this one out…

I agree he didn't play great but let's get real he had an 88 rating. If one of your "worst career games" is an 88 rating

Did you watch the game or just look at stats? He lost us the game.

Two bad INTs and a bad miss to Juice. That's three plays. I agree if he plays better we win. But to call it among "worst career games"? Let's take the whole game for what it was.

Saying lost us the game doesn't really mean much. For instance imagine someone catches 10 passes for 188 yards and 2 scores. Imagine same player drops a game winning TD. You could rightly say he "lost us the game" and indeed if he makes that one play we win. But in reality how would we have fared if he didn't play at all? It's an open question.

26-35, 74%, 322 pass yds, 1 TD 2 INT, 88 rating

Agree with you here man, that loss was on Jimmy BUT it certainly wasn't his worst game. I wanna say his home opener vs Arizona last season might be worst than this past one. People like to exaggerate the hell outta things because its a loss.
nah it was bad.. every pass was awfull. every thing was high, inaccurate, took 5 sec protection sacks.. just bad

Right, but was it his worst??
so many to choose from.. if this isn't, then it's close

I cant remember a game that I felt Jimmy single handedly lost us other than this Titans game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Bs, you were a Mac guy!

Never.