There are 230 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If he finds a system that believes in pass-pro he'll do better

He will do probably about the same possibly worse depending on playing calling and talent around him.

Jimmy has the best offensive lineman this league has seen since Orlando Pace blocking his blind side. What more could you ask for?
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yeah says JG is the SOLE REASON we lost. I guess he should have strapped in with his bum hand and played D on the 3rd and 23 disaster give me a break lol.

Lets see how many TD`s did the Defense give up...wasn`t it 2..and how many TDs did Jimmy miss wasn`t it 2 so lets do a little adding 12(+2 expts) =14...so if 14 +17=31 would`nt we have won the game....

Two things can be true at once. JG made some mistakes that cost us the game I've said that many times already. The defense if they make a stop on 3rd and 23 and don't allow a game winning drive this also cost us the game. To say JG is the sole reason we lost is as bad a commentary as I've seen on here. We didn't play well enough to overcome the combined mistakes of JG and of the D. If JG makes ALL his throws it masks the D mistakes but same can be said if the D makes the mentioned stops.

Jimmy missed a walk in td to Juice. He threw an int into the endzone which would have at least given us 3 points on that drive. He threw another int which led to another 3 points for TEN. So with that in mind the score should have been 27-17.

The dividing line for me is 24 points. If a defense gives up more than 24 points than they are to blame for the loss. If the offense scores less than 24 points than the offense is to blame for the loss. If both occur than they are both to blame.

Since the defense gave up less than 24 points and Jimmy's mistakes essentially left 10 points off the board. Imo, Jimmy lost us the game. Say what you want but it isn't easy for an NFL defense to hold an NFL offense to less than 24 points these days. Especially with the rules that are in place that favor offense.

Thank you YACBros85 I see someone other than I can ADD and Subtract...in order to win football games the object is to score more points then you allow . jimmy left more points on the field which is why we LOST damn it.

Like I always say, when in doubt...just listen to Jonny.

Wow he's such a Jimmy hater and fake fan.
[ Edited by TheGore49er on Dec 30, 2021 at 5:59 AM ]
Originally posted by SisterFister:

He will do probably about the same possibly worse depending on playing calling and talent around him.

Jimmy has the best offensive lineman this league has seen since Orlando Pace blocking his blind side. What more could you ask for?

He needs Z Martin/Nelson/Kelly/Ram as well…then we can see his full potential
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 30, 2021 at 6:00 AM ]
Originally posted by mitpdub:
Jimmy handing out some sweet gifts for his lineman on Christmas

Cliffhanger….

And what did he gift his linemen other than hope?

Did the Special Teams players get Coal?
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Cliffhanger….

25mil in 1 year to play mediocre football, that's like Pennies for him
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Cliffhanger….

Should have bought presents for kittle and deebo instead.

The line should have bought something for Jimmy.
I gotta admit I'm a little bummed Jimmy might play. I was a Jimmy guy too. I haven't switched to the "he sucks" camp, but I know what he has to offer. I just hope we beat the Texans.
[ Edited by Silky on Dec 30, 2021 at 7:05 AM ]

I don't know. A lot of ways I could go. I think it will be interesting to see how Jimmy performs in the more opportunistic pass game. A lot of questions will be answered that's for sure. I think Jimmy would like it more so he'll play better. Even without 150 yards per game Run support. We'll see

I don't know. A lot of ways I could go. I think it will be interesting to see how Jimmy performs in the more opportunistic pass game. A lot of questions will be answered that's for sure. I think Jimmy would like it more so he'll play better. Even without 150 yards per game Run support. We'll see

Jimmy physically cannot throw the ball outside of the numbers and he can't throw the deep ball. He's also a one read quarterback. In what system do you imagine him having success?
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
Jimmy physically cannot throw the ball outside of the numbers and he can't throw the deep ball. He's also a one read quarterback. In what system do you imagine him having success?

Okay, please stop with the BS.

Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Okay, please stop with the BS.

He is a one read quarterback. He does not read defenses at all. I'm not sure if it's entirely his fault, it's why he throws so many balls up for grabs. It's why he never "sees" the linebacker floating in an obvious shell. More often than not, the first thing that flashes over the middle he's throwing it. Usually, we scheme things so well that the man is open. But how many bad interceptions has he thrown? How many close calls has he had? How many times has he barely fit one through that should have been picked?

These are the signs of a quarterback who isn't processing information.

I know that critique is usually only reserved for certain... types... of quarterbacks. But it exists with so-called classic quarterbacks as well.
[ Edited by DaBeegDeek on Dec 30, 2021 at 7:36 AM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Disagree
Originally posted by Crown:

Disagree

Sweet.
Originally posted by Crown:

Disagree

I think he reads the field. He just, like so many, sometimes has trouble with comprehending what he's reading.

Jimmy is a plus NFL starter, with a singular elite trait. Problem is, our evaluation of "plus NFL starter" is only based relative to his peers. He is not a game changing quarterback where you immediately feel, no matter the pieces around him, that we have a shot at the playoffs and a super bowl. Not many QBs in the NFL are, and so I don't want to act like he is a complete failure because he's not that, but team should continue to look for one until they find the next Brady, Rogers etc. If we give Trey a valid opportunity and he proves to not be that guy either, and I'd hope we draft or sign another quarterback again
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 30, 2021 at 8:39 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone