There are 243 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
kyle really gonna weekend at bernies jimmy on the practice field to dupe the texans
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 30, 2021 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think he reads the field. He just, like so many, sometimes has trouble with comprehending what he's reading.

Jimmy is a plus NFL starter, with a singular elite trait. Problem is, our evaluation of "plus NFL starter" is only based relative to his peers. He is not a game changing quarterback where you immediately feel, no matter the pieces around him, that we have a shot at the playoffs and a super bowl. Not many QBs in the NFL are, and so I don't want to act like he is a complete failure because he's not that, but team should continue to look for one until they find the next Brady, Rogers etc. If we give Trey a valid opportunity and he proves to not be that guy either, and I'd hope we draft or sign another quarterback again

You're way too reasonable to be posting in this thread.
My only issue with Lance and the three first rounders is that he won't have any competition. Every starting QB needs someone to keep on the bench.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
kyle really gonna weekend at bernies jimmy on the practice field to dupe the texans

Originally posted by Joecool:
My only issue with Lance and the three first rounders is that he won't have any competition. Every starting QB needs someone to keep on the bench.

Dude has 1 start this season lol.
Just watched that Martelus Bennett video where he says what he thinks about jimmy. Just jimmy being jimmy, my opinion.
[ Edited by maximusdecimus on Dec 30, 2021 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
Just watched that Martelus Bennett video where he says what he thinks about jimmy. Just jimmy being jimmy, my opinion.

He's a loudmouth who is full is s**t just like his brother. Interesting no other teammates, current/former, have said the same….quite the contrary actually

THAT is awesome. And it's funny because it's true.
I think he reads the field. He just, like so many, sometimes has trouble with comprehending what he's reading.

Jimmy is a plus NFL starter, with a singular elite trait. Problem is, our evaluation of "plus NFL starter" is only based relative to his peers. He is not a game changing quarterback where you immediately feel, no matter the pieces around him, that we have a shot at the playoffs and a super bowl. Not many QBs in the NFL are, and so I don't want to act like he is a complete failure because he's not that, but team should continue to look for one until they find the next Brady, Rogers etc. If we give Trey a valid opportunity and he proves to not be that guy either, and I'd hope we draft or sign another quarterback again

Very fair take.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

He's a loudmouth who is full is s**t just like his brother. Interesting no other teammates, current/former, have said the same….quite the contrary actually

Jimmy's teammates all seem to think pretty highly of him. I don't give much credence to what Martelus Bennett said and it doesn't seem like Jimmy did anything wrong in that situation.

In a perfect world, maybe. Coaches don't have the time to 'continue to look' for that one special QB. The majority of Super Bowls are won by 'plus NFL starters'. Not many head coaches get more than two chances at finding their elite QB. If they don't get it right after drafting a QB, they are on the short list for unemployment.

Oh the idiot who cried for months about how Green Bay handled his injury.

Jimmy is not Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

Do we need a generational QB to win in Kyle's system? Hope not. Because they are not coming here.

Tom: Kyle thanks for taking the call. I just want you to know how excited I am to play for you. I really enjoy what you are doing.

Kyle: Thanks Tom, that's very kind. You will love my system. You hardly have to think. I design every option into each play so all you have to do is work the progressions built into each play.

Tom: That's incredible. I can't wait to hit the playbook. I like pre snap more anyway.

Kyle. No need for that either. Hard hats call our assignments and shifts.

Tom: Wow. This is gonna be fun. I love to audible flag routes. I see a few opportunites in your tape and I can't wait to pull the trigger.

Kyle: Sounds great Tom. Thing is, every call is designed to set up our chunk performers, and we don't go off schedule. It's all in the game plan. You'll see.

Tom: Sure, really exciting. You've got it all set up. What's a 20 year vet to do.

Kyle: Exactly. Practically nothing. Just hand off and go through your reads. Quarter of our plays are scripted anyway, so no surprises.

Tom: I don't need 15 plays to read what the D is doing. Maybe I can help out there.

Kyle: Sure. McD has tape review on Monday. Bring your ideas there. Then we'll talk on Wedensdays walk through. It's all so easy Tom. The car practically drives itself.

Tom: Alright. Thanks for taking the call. My agent will talk to your agent and we'll go from there.

Kyle: You bet Tom. Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • thl408
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Jimmy is not Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

Do we need a generational QB to win in Kyle's system? Hope not. Because they are not coming here.

Tom: Kyle thanks for taking the call. I just want you to know how excited I am to play for you. I really enjoy what you are doing.

Kyle: Thanks Tom, that's very kind. You will love my system. You hardly have to think. I design every option into each play so all you have to do is work the progressions built into each play.

Tom: That's incredible. I can't wait to hit the playbook. I like pre snap more anyway.

Kyle. No need for that either. Hard hats call our assignments and shifts.

Tom: Wow. This is gonna be fun. I love to audible flag routes. I see a few opportunites in your tape and I can't wait to pull the trigger.

Kyle: Sounds great Tom. Thing is, every call is designed to set up our chunk performers, and we don't go off schedule. It's all in the game plan. You'll see.

Tom: Sure, really exciting. You've got it all set up. What's a 20 year vet to do.

Kyle: Exactly. Practically nothing. Just hand off and go through your reads. Quarter of our plays are scripted anyway, so no surprises.

Tom: I don't need 15 plays to read what the D is doing. Maybe I can help out there.

Kyle: Sure. McD has tape review on Monday. Bring your ideas there. Then we'll talk on Wedensdays walk through. It's all so easy Tom. The car practically drives itself.

Tom: Alright. Thanks for taking the call. My agent will talk to your agent and we'll go from there.

Kyle: You bet Tom. Let me know if you have any more questions.

i love how 'weekend at bernies' is now a verb.
Share 49ersWebzone