There are 288 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by Joecool:
My only issue with Lance and the three first rounders is that he won't have any competition. Every starting QB needs someone to keep on the bench.

I got a question Joecool,you say 3 first rounders was given up for Lance right?so that means that the 9ers will NOT have a 1st round pick until 2025 based on that you said that 3 1st rounds were given up is that correct? so waht happen to the 9ers 13th 1st round pick? How did it turn into a 3rd first round pick?...... Letme get this right we actually swapped our 13th pick overall with the Dolphins for their 3rd overall pick and traded them TWO future first rd picks.....so where is that 3rd first rd draft pick I keep hearing people keep talking about ugggh get it right Damnit

This was beat to death after he was drafted.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'll believe Trey is starting when we hear it from Kyle or if he takes the field to start the game on Sunday. Until then, gonna expect JG is our starter even though it's in our best interest to not play him given his injury.

I understand your thinking. I just don't see how Garoppolo can play now. If you can't toss some easy balls in practice, I cannot see how a QB can fire bullets on gameday.

Make no doubt about this: It is the play of Jimmy Garoppolo that got this team to the point where it is today: On the brink of making the playoffs. He got us there. Hopefully, Trey Lance can pick up from here and finish the job. That's a lot of pressure to put on this kid, but I think he will look better against Houston that he did against Arizona.

Look at it from Trey's perspective. He's probably been itching to get back onto the field to show what he's got. He just might get his chance now.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I understand your thinking. I just don't see how Garoppolo can play now. If you can't toss some easy balls in practice, I cannot see how a QB can fire bullets on gameday.

Make no doubt about this: It is the play of Jimmy Garoppolo that got this team to the point where it is today: On the brink of making the playoffs. He got us there. Hopefully, Trey Lance can pick up from here and finish the job. That's a lot of pressure to put on this kid, but I think he will look better against Houston that he did against Arizona.

Look at it from Trey's perspective. He's probably been itching to get back onto the field to show what he's got. He just might get his chance now.

a good workload from mitchell and wilson, qb rollouts, rb/wr screens, kittle, in cuts from deebo and aiyuk...

they can keep it simple vs houston since they suck. trey should be fine
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'll believe Trey is starting when we hear it from Kyle or if he takes the field to start the game on Sunday. Until then, gonna expect JG is our starter even though it's in our best interest to not play him given his injury.

He isn't going Sunday - they need to just shut him down and name Trey the starter.
Originally posted by mayo49:

He isn't going Sunday - they need to just shut him down and name Trey the starter.

if kyle can get a 1% edge on houston by not naming trey the starter, then he won't name him the starter yet.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

if kyle can get a 1% edge on houston by not naming trey the starter, then he won't name him the starter yet.

Yeah, I know.

They'll probably try to make it a gametime decision but it's looking pretty doubtful.
  • Deebo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
it's been 5 years with jimmy and no improvement.. it's time to let go

Yeah, Jimmy doesn't need practice. He's one of those generational talents that transcends practice. Let Trey take all the 1st team reps, then when it's game time, give the nod to Jimmy - bad thumb and all. His solid grasp of Shanahan's offense along with his ability to make ANY throw in the playbook trump silly little setbacks like not being able to grip a ball. The dude has proven time and again that he doesn't need EVERY SINGLE THING POSSIBLE to go absolutely perfect in order to win. Pass protection breaks down? No problem. Jimmy will use his other worldly escape ability and uncanny arm strength to make up for it. It should have been evident during the monsoon game that under any conditions, he can make any every throw any other NFL QB can make and then some.

Yeah, I know.

In what direction is the penis leaning today? Towards Trey or Jimmy?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Silky:

Yeah, I know.

In what direction is the penis leaning today? Towards Trey or Jimmy?

Trey.
i cant believe this smoke screen discussion is still going.

AZ did this to us when we played them the 2nd time.

Would kyler murray and his bad ankle start?

Fast forward and we got demolished by colt mccoy
Jimmy gonna look good in a Steelers uni.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

I could see that.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

their oline will end his career
Share 49ersWebzone