49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 263 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Just more b******t hypocrisy. Jimmy bears a boatload of the responsibility for the Titans game, but as I said in another post, if the defense doesn't give up 9 of 14 third down chances, where the average gain needed for a first down was 10 yards, and gives the offense a couple of more possessions maybe there is a different outcome. Or as was the case back in 2011 where Kyle Williams muffs not one but two punts in the fourth quarter to let the Giants steal that came. That was another missed opportunity except on our side where the offense managed to convert something like 3 of 10 3rd downs. If they give themselves those extra possessions the Giants may have never have had the time to comeback or the Niners may have gotten an additional score to put the game out of reach. If its the TEAM that wins its the TEAM that loses. You can't have it both ways just to suit your own agenda.

Lol. This year it was supposed to be the offense that carries this team. Nobody expected us to be an elite defense. And the defense has more than delivered this year, especially when you take into consideration all the injuries we had on that side.

They played great in the first half, and the offense (more like Jimmy) failed to play complementary football. It's easy for all you to say Jimmy is a top 10 QB, then he needs to play like it, but all I hear is excuse after excuse from you guys when Jimmy stinks it up. You know you're completely wrong when even jonnydel says that Jimmy is the reason we lost.

Typical average fan only blaming the qb when the team isnt performing. Just like millions of other fans. Just blaming the qb.the defense let them down in the green bay game after the offense took the lead. The defense got throttled by Russell Wilson, twice. The defense got smashed by Colt McCoy. It was jimmy who failed to score points when trey started against the cardinals. It was jimmy with the 75 pass interference penalties against the colts. Embarrasing that I have to keep bringing this up.

Special teams has been great. Its all jimmy fault. Defense has been great. Lets not look at josh norman, lenoire and thomas and all the injiries. No, just look at jimmys inconsitencies. Oh yeah the oline has been fantastic with Tom Compton and brunskill out of position. Jimmy's fault the entire year. Team would be 19 and 1 with Rodgers.

The whole team has been inconsistent. It's OK to admit it. The whole team.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 31, 2021 at 7:25 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Just more b******t hypocrisy. Jimmy bears a boatload of the responsibility for the Titans game, but as I said in another post, if the defense doesn't give up 9 of 14 third down chances, where the average gain needed for a first down was 10 yards, and gives the offense a couple of more possessions maybe there is a different outcome. Or as was the case back in 2011 where Kyle Williams muffs not one but two punts in the fourth quarter to let the Giants steal that came. That was another missed opportunity except on our side where the offense managed to convert something like 3 of 10 3rd downs. If they give themselves those extra possessions the Giants may have never have had the time to comeback or the Niners may have gotten an additional score to put the game out of reach. If its the TEAM that wins its the TEAM that loses. You can't have it both ways just to suit your own agenda.

Lol. This year it was supposed to be the offense that carries this team. Nobody expected us to be an elite defense. And the defense has more than delivered this year, especially when you take into consideration all the injuries we had on that side.

They played great in the first half, and the offense (more like Jimmy) failed to play complementary football. It's easy for all you to say Jimmy is a top 10 QB, then he needs to play like it, but all I hear is excuse after excuse from you guys when Jimmy stinks it up. You know you're completely wrong when even jonnydel says that Jimmy is the reason we lost.

Typical average fan only blaming the qb when the team isnt performing. Just like millions of other fans. Just blaming the qb.the defense let them down in the green bay game after the offense took the lead. The defense got throttled by Russell Wilson, twice. The defense got smashed by Colt McCoy. It was jimmy who failed to score points when trey started against the cardinals. It was jimmy with the 75 pass interference penalties against the colts. Embarrasing that I have to keep bringing this up.

Special teams has been great. Its all jimmy fault. Defense has been great. Lets not look at josh norman, lenoire and thomas and all the injiries. No, just look at jimmys inconsitencies. Oh yeah the oline has been fantastic with Tom Compton and brunskill out of position. Jimmy's fault the entire year. Team would be 19 and 1 with Rodgers.

I'd say that at least the 3 losses in which he threw 2 INTs are on him. So with better QB play, we'd be at least 11-4.
Originally posted by a49erfan77:

I'd say that at least the 3 losses in which he threw 2 INTs are on him. So with better QB play, we'd be at least 11-4.

Youre in for a rude awakening. This team is mediocre. It doesn't matter who the qb is until they fix it. But keep blaming the qb.

And your thoughts process is so flawed I can't begin to explain it.

Mahommes has 3 games this year with 2 interceptions. Therefore they should be 14 and 1.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 31, 2021 at 8:02 AM ]

Youre in for a rude awakening. This team is mediocre. It doesn't matter who the qb is until they fix it. But keep blaming the qb.

I mean Warner's a very good player but his play has dropped off. The pass rush just recently aside from Bosa kind of woke up. The corners have mostly been burnt toast outside of Moseley, who's hurt. Both safeties have missed time. Starting a journeyman right tackle and a tackle at right guard. The same running back(s) typically have a hard time staying healthy two weeks in a row. Probably for a variety of reason(s) Kittle as the dynamic receiving weapon he is just recently happened and didn't happen against Tennessee. Aiyuk wasn't a factor at all early in the year. And Kyle by his own admission screwed himself over early by playing rotating QB's.

But indeed every bit of it is Jimmy's fault. Obviously

NO doubt that Grappy has regressed since coming here, and I fully believe it's the coaching..

IF you have a good QB w/an average coach, the team will continue to be average... and that's what we are today..
If we have seen the last of Jimmy then should we retire his number. He deserves it based on the more than 100,000 posts on this thread.
Originally posted by 9moon:

NO doubt that Grappy has regressed since coming here, and I fully believe it's the coaching..

IF you have a good QB w/an average coach, the team will continue to be average... and that's what we are today..

Jimmy has played well below my expectations, especially with all the reports coming out early on saying he looked great in training camp. He's gotten worse and worse and I do attribute that to coaching.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Dec 31, 2021 at 7:55 AM ]
I know. That stupid f'n Shanahan. Why does he coach Jimmy to miss wide open receivers and throw the ball directly into the chest of the defenders? That is just poor f'n coaching.
Biggest differences in 2019 Jimmy vs 2021 Jimmy are deep passing (worse) and passing behind LOS (less).

2019:
20+ yards: 19-31, 61.3% (led the league), 651 yds, 7 TD, 3 INT, 6.5% of total attempts (last in the league)
Behind LOS: 81-94, 86.2%, 628 yds, 3 TD, 1 INT, 19.7% of total attempts (3rd in the league)

2021:
20+ yards: 10-31, 32.3% (27th in the league), 349 yds, 3 TD, 2 INT, 7.6% of total attempts (33rd in the league)
Behind LOS: 50-57, 87.7%, 444 yds, 1 TD, 0 INT, 13.9% of total attempts (26th in the league)
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If he finds a system that believes in pass-pro he'll do better

He will do probably about the same possibly worse depending on playing calling and talent around him.
Exactly. Its a few teams that should take a hard look at him however. The interesting thing Is, you likely won't do better than Jimmy. If I am a team in need of a QB however outside of the top 5 or 10, trade for Jimmy a lnd hedge your bets with a rookie. You possibly can even wait until the 2nd and go for a more sure thing in the 1st (get elite pass protection on that O-line).

What QB has Kyle coached that looked better without him?

Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If he finds a system that believes in pass-pro he'll do better

He will do probably about the same possibly worse depending on playing calling and talent around him.
Exactly. Its a few teams that should take a hard look at him however. The interesting thing Is, you likely won't do better than Jimmy. If I am a team in need of a QB however outside of the top 5 or 10, trade for Jimmy a lnd hedge your bets with a rookie. You possibly can even wait until the 2nd and go for a more sure thing in the 1st (get elite pass protection on that O-line).

What QB has Kyle coached that looked better without him?

Matt Ryan was already good... Jimmy showed some potential when he was w/the Patriots..

Were you impressed w/CJ?

Mullen had one memorable game and that was against Oakland..

Hoyer, he continues to be a backup..

so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here..
Matt Ryan was already good... Jimmy showed some potential when he was w/the Patriots..

Were you impressed w/CJ?

Mullen had one memorable game and that was against Oakland..

Hoyer, he continues to be a backup..

so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here..

Mullens has the 2nd most yards ALL TIME through 16 starts w shanny. He leaves and looks like he can't play in the nfl
Mullens should still be on this team. Or at the least, the practice squad.

He knows the system, is better than Sudfeld and with SF was a top 5 backup QB.

What else could a team want out of a BACKUP QB??
[ Edited by Blake_Fever on Dec 31, 2021 at 10:41 AM ]
Originally posted by Blake_Fever:
Mullens should still be on this team. Or at the least, the practice squad.

He knows the system, is better than Sudfeld and with SF was a top 5 backup QB.

What else could a team want out of a BACKUP QB??
lol, thanks for the laugh
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
lol, thanks for the laugh

So you think Mullens being on the practice squad is laughable? Over Sudfeld?

Please elaborate since your lack of football knowledge is ASTOUNDING.
Share 49ersWebzone