There are 204 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lets throw them really off guard and go with a 2 QB set.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by 9moon:
IF Shanny can win with him, then why let him go ?

He's the HC, why did he not fight for Mullen to stay?

HE had the chance to sign Brady but didn't, and now that the team is being average, the blame is pointing to Grappy?

You can only draw up so many favorable plays that a QB fails at before you have to cut your losses. Shanahan will give you a lot of what you need, but he can't execute the plays for you

Being a head coach is way more than drawing up plays. That's what an OC is for. As a head coach, shanny has disappointed. If the team is mediocre as a whole, you point the the finger at both the coach and Lynch. Simple.
They are certainly to blame, but they are not the issue.. well Kyle isn't.

that kind of thinking will get you another tomsula. Then we're really fkd
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

HE had the chance to sign Brady but didn't, and now that the team is being average, the blame is pointing to Grappy?

You can only draw up so many favorable plays that a QB fails at before you have to cut your losses. Shanahan will give you a lot of what you need, but he can't execute the plays for you

Being a head coach is way more than drawing up plays. That's what an OC is for. As a head coach, shanny has disappointed. If the team is mediocre as a whole, you point the the finger at both the coach and Lynch. Simple.

Kyle can still be part of the issue (has areas he clearly needs to improve in) and we still not have to move on from him for another Tomsula.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 1, 2022 at 7:48 AM ]
How appropriate it will be if Jimmy goes out sitting on the bench because of injury. The story of his career in SF. Had he been able to stay healthy during his time here there's no way they would have moved up to take Trey. I doubt they would even have used their 1st on a QB. Instead they might have drafted Davis Mills who has the tools but needs work.
If he never plays another snap as a niner I'm cool with it. Just another failed and over paid qb that never lived up to the hype.
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
If he never plays another snap as a niner I'm cool with it. Just another failed and over paid qb that never lived up to the hype.
The hardest position a Franchise can fill
Originally posted by debo4mvp:

I'm happy that they're moving on but I can't say Jimmy failed when I consider all the injuries he's had. It was more just bad luck and maybe overly high expectations from the fans. From the team too since they gave him a big contract a little too soon.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I'm happy that they're moving on but I can't say Jimmy failed when I consider all the injuries he's had. It was more just bad luck and maybe overly high expectations from the fans. From the team too since they gave him a big contract a little too soon.

At some point though, constant injuries are more than bad luck. I do agree with the final sentence though. Yes, JG looked great for those five games to end 2017, but five games does not a career make. There didn't seem to be a need to rush the decision. And with the upcoming draft / draft position the 49ers had, there were definitely options beyond a large contract for JG (hindsight is 20/20, of course).
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
What a charade by shanahan, nobody ever believed jimmy would play this week.
His performance in the recent games against Seattle and Tennessee were just terrible, and what indelibly sticks in my head is that horrendous fumble against Green Bay in Week 2! Five minutes left in the 4th qtr, down by 3pts, and moving into GB territory - AND HE DOES THAT!! Under that circumstance with a sudden rusher in front of him the QB commonly tucks it in and takes a sack (wonderful blocking by Tomlinson!)! The way it came out of his hand…. just, what the… idiot!!! The INT in the Super Bowl - the one where he floated it across the field to a lone Chiefs defender (no Niner was even close!) - makes you wonder about his brain. Not being able to throw like Aaron Rodgers doesn't make one 'stupid', and the second INT against the Titans - the one where Deebo was coming across the middle for a big play if hit in stride - was just a terrible pass, but the first INT against the Titans - the one where we are up 7-0 with terrific momentum and now inside their ten - makes me think 'what's in your friggin' brain????????????? Kittle was blanketed and the defender was looking back at Garoppolo. He didn't even arc it with the identification that Kittle was behind the defender. I mean this impersonally, of course, but I just can't stand Garoppolo! The two INTs and safety against Seattle??? WTF!! It reaches a point that when it walks and quacks a duck, it is a duck!! I hope Lance is for real and Garoppolo has played his last game as a Niner. I've never seen him excel in a game. Solid sometimes, a little more than efficient, yes, but never has he been really good. The winning record is a stat which reflects the good team. I'm being overly cynical, but I feel masochistic - I just keep seeing that second INT - the wobbler which was way over Deebo's head and gave the Titans the ball with great field position only down 10-3 after the Niners could've been much further up. That earlier missed TD pass to Juszczyk??????? GOD DAMN IT!!! Again in the same timeframe of being up 7-0!! At the least, it should have been 13-0 without the abysmal mistakes all on him! That was worse than the infamous Sanders miss (in terms of ease of pass, not importance). He's just consistently awful for the standards of a starting QB on a playoff team. I feel it shouldn't be 'forgotten' or 'ignored'! It happens too often!

https://youtu.be/FWxyzpinVdw

https://youtu.be/GYYe0AalwrU

https://youtu.be/xqKE2Md2lXw
[ Edited by Spartan on Jan 1, 2022 at 9:45 AM ]

The hardest position a Franchise can fill

Correction: the hardest position IN SPORTS to fill.

But, cute try.
Originally posted by FaTaL:
What a charade by shanahan, nobody ever believed jimmy would play this week.

Smart move

... and why would you think that we gonna end up landing another Tomsula just because we replace KS?

... just how long do you keep giving KS chances after chances because he keeps drawing up pretty plays ??

... and why would you think that we gonna end up landing another Tomsula just because we replace KS?

... just how long do you keep giving KS chances after chances because he keeps drawing up pretty plays ??

Originally posted by TheGore49er:

Share 49ersWebzone