Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by TheGore49er:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
IF Shanny can win with him, then why let him go ?

He's the HC, why did he not fight for Mullen to stay?

HE had the chance to sign Brady but didn't, and now that the team is being average, the blame is pointing to Grappy?

You can only draw up so many favorable plays that a QB fails at before you have to cut your losses. Shanahan will give you a lot of what you need, but he can't execute the plays for you

Being a head coach is way more than drawing up plays. That's what an OC is for. As a head coach, shanny has disappointed. If the team is mediocre as a whole, you point the the finger at both the coach and Lynch. Simple.
They are certainly to blame, but they are not the issue.. well Kyle isn't.

that kind of thinking will get you another tomsula. Then we're really fkd

... and why would you think that we gonna end up landing another Tomsula just because we replace KS?

... just how long do you keep giving KS chances after chances because he keeps drawing up pretty plays ??

Glad you agree that your post was dumb lol

HE had the chance to sign Brady but didn't, and now that the team is being average, the blame is pointing to Grappy?

You can only draw up so many favorable plays that a QB fails at before you have to cut your losses. Shanahan will give you a lot of what you need, but he can't execute the plays for you

Being a head coach is way more than drawing up plays. That's what an OC is for. As a head coach, shanny has disappointed. If the team is mediocre as a whole, you point the the finger at both the coach and Lynch. Simple.

... and why would you think that we gonna end up landing another Tomsula just because we replace KS?

... just how long do you keep giving KS chances after chances because he keeps drawing up pretty plays ??

Why don't you suggest who you would rather as our HC? I promise, if KS were fired, he'd be unemployed for less than an hour. Meanwhile, we'd be back to interviewing - who?
[ Edited by NotAFinga42 on Jan 1, 2022 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Why don't you suggest who you would rather as our HC? I promise, if KS were fired, he'd be unemployed for less than an hour. Meanwhile, we'd be back to interviewing - who?

He wants PJ fleck from Minn or Chris Petersen who hasn't coached in years lol. woof.

he doesn't realize that kyle just got paid a massive extension that Jed has to pay out. There's no salary cap for a HC. He doesn't realize that the team just drafted Kyle's QB and gave up years worth of draft capital to do that.

kyle isn't close to the reason this team isn't in 1st place or whatever he's expecting from them right now. We have a damn good HC and some fans are just being ridiculous
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Ark49er:
I believe they are saying Jimmy for the road game at St Louis. Win or lose with Lance, Jimmy is starting on the road. This is the last home 49ers game regardless how far they go in the post season, if they make it. It would be smart to not subject the starting QB to all the hated venom from 49ers fans in what is the biggest home game of the season. Jimmy would have to go 30/30 with 320 yards and 3 TDS in the game in order shut up most of the home fans, that will be booing and shouting explicit material well into the 4th quarter. Fans don't realize the negativity they are wanting to dish out affects more than just Jimmy, it distracts the whole team and coaching staffs trying to go and win this huge game. If I was in anyways associated with the 49ers, I wouldn't want to subject Jimmy and the entire team to the stupidity. These guys are fighting to get into the playoffs and need every positive support they can get to do it. Let Lance start and even if he stumbles on the field, fans will not blame him or act stupid at the game.

Kyle will call a solid and controlled game for Lance and our defense with take care of the rest to dominate the Texans in a win. They will probably put Jimmy out there on the road at the Rams where we will need to score much more in order to win. Also Jimmy plays extremely well and confident like the entire team seems to when facing LA.

This is the difference between soft fans...and thinking the players are soft as well.

This was one thing I didn't like during the Alex years..folks were always worried too much about his feelings.

Maybe it did get to him.

Buuuut...A whole home stadium yelling out for DAVID F'N CARR (what it really meant was anyone but Alex), should be the greatest motivator in life!

I don't know what a soft fan is. Either you like a team or you don't. I do know Jimmy needs a new place to call home and best of luck to him on his future. Look forward to seeing Lance manage the game and contribute to a win tomorrow.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He wants PJ fleck from Minn or Chris Petersen who hasn't coached in years lol. woof.

he doesn't realize that kyle just got paid a massive extension that Jed has to pay out. There's no salary cap for a HC. He doesn't realize that the team just drafted Kyle's QB and gave up years worth of draft capital to do that.

kyle isn't close to the reason this team isn't in 1st place or whatever he's expecting from them right now. We have a damn good HC and some fans

THIS. Kyle will be the hottest available head coach out there. Who are the choices out there- the rotation of migrating coaches who are getting fired and hired periodically and coaches who have been out of jobs because they have been out of touch with the present football time. Oh, there are also the young assistants who were mainly or mostly from Shanahan' tree. If the Cowboys do not make the playoffs, they may fire McCarthy then hire Shanahan then win their sixth SB( ahead of us).
Originally posted by debo4mvp:
If he never plays another snap as a niner I'm cool with it. Just another failed and over paid qb that never lived up to the hype.

Jimmy definitely lived up to his hype at times. but injuries, lack of consistency, left more to be desired.

Glad you agree that your post was dumb lol

NOT as dumb as yours..

kyle isn't close to the reason this team isn't in 1st place or whatever he's expecting from them right now. We have a damn good HC and some fans are just being ridiculous

those 2 would actually be a good replacement IMO..

I do realize that KS just got paid and also know that he wont get the axed this year... but is that my argument ? I'm here to help you guys understand that KS will never win a Super Bowl here the way he's been coaching..

I'm sure you're 85% right, but does that mean he'll win?

no one knows that.. why should we care if he gets hired a day after we get rid of him.. I just want another Super Bowl.. even if YOU are the one to coach the team..
Originally posted by 49erF90:

kyle isn't close to the reason this team isn't in 1st place or whatever he's expecting from them right now. We have a damn good HC and some fans

THIS. Kyle will be the hottest available head coach out there. Who are the choices out there- the rotation of migrating coaches who are getting fired and hired periodically and coaches who have been out of jobs because they have been out of touch with the present football time. Oh, there are also the young assistants who were mainly or mostly from Shanahan' tree. If the Cowboys do not make the playoffs, they may fire McCarthy then hire Shanahan then win their sixth SB( ahead of us).

ahhhhh, so Shanny can do his magic in Dallas but not here...

and if that is so true, why wont Jerry Jones pull the hat trick in order for Shanny to be his HC and land another ring ??

I do realize that KS just got paid and also know that he wont get the axed this year... but is that my argument ? I'm here to help you guys understand that KS will never win a Super Bowl here the way he's been coaching..

He's going to get the opportunity for @ least a couple yrs to showcase Trey. It's a wasted subject right now.
Originally posted by random49er:

He's going to get the opportunity for @ least a couple yrs to showcase Trey. It's a wasted subject right now.

totally agree...

You can say that about any coach.. the SB is the hardest Championship to win. i'm not surprised you haven't figured that out

You can say that about any coach.. the SB is the hardest Championship to win. i'm not surprised you haven't figured that out
can careless about any HC, I only care about our team..

.. and I'm not surprised you think that SB Championship is harder to win the MLB..

can careless about any HC, I only care about our team..

.. and I'm not surprised you think that SB Championship is harder to win the MLB..
Because it's not, there's no cap in MLB

lets go back to the HC, what coach can guarantee us a SB ?
Share 49ersWebzone