There are 165 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by okdkid:
This is making less sense every time something new comes out. Why isn't he playing this week then? If he is going to need surgery after the season, it's not like 1 week off will heal it.

They're saying in the short term it's a pain tolerance thing. The pain may subside as swelling decreases. But he will need surgery to correct the injury long term.

This happens all the time. Every year each team will have a dozen players that get surgery after the season - since they were just toughing it out during the season.

But he's not toughing it out. He's not playing. It won't be better next week, in fact will probably get worse if he plays.

??

If he can't throw well he won't play. But they're saying the pain will likely improve to a point where it's POSSIBLE. The ligament is already torn. It's a grade three. It's not getting worse.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
This is making less sense every time something new comes out. Why isn't he playing this week then? If he is going to need surgery after the season, it's not like 1 week off will heal it.

Wouldn't play at his best?

Gives him extra time to get better.

Then if Trey handles things two weeks in a row, more time for Jimmy to get better. Then if Trey plays well in the playoffs... more time for Jimmy to get better...etc. You get the point.

No, that's what it comes down to, is Trey's play. 1 week doesn't give it more time to heal if it will need surgery regardless. They are hoping Trey lights it up today. If he does, we've seen the last of Jimmy. If not, they will trot Jimmy and his bad thumb out next week.
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
anyone catch this little factoid? I thought he did get like 7.5M if he was injured to start the season?

Garoppolo has a base salary of $24.2 million in 2022. None of the money is guaranteed for injury or otherwise, and there's no trigger that converts any of the payments to guarantees — other than his presence on the active roster at the start of the regular season. It gives the team maximum flexibility to decide whether to keep, trade, or cut Garoppolo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/02/jimmy-garoppolo-wont-play-sunday-will-need-surgery-after-the-season/

^ That's big right there.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Wait... This guy is getting surgery for nothing?! A couple prominent posters(not haters obviously) shared a tweet that he was faking it. Then proceeded to say they didn't after being called out for believing in crazy conspiracies.👀

I don't understand how they're taken seriously.

I was the one who first posted that bottle cap tweet and also couldn't understand how he did that, played the entire 2nd half and had a near perfect last drive with it, then didn't mention anything about it in the press conference. But the minute that report came out about it being torn and bone chip or whatever, I took back everything I said, just can't remember if it was this thread, or Lance's.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
anyone catch this little factoid? I thought he did get like 7.5M if he was injured to start the season?

Garoppolo has a base salary of $24.2 million in 2022. None of the money is guaranteed for injury or otherwise, and there's no trigger that converts any of the payments to guarantees — other than his presence on the active roster at the start of the regular season. It gives the team maximum flexibility to decide whether to keep, trade, or cut Garoppolo.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/01/02/jimmy-garoppolo-wont-play-sunday-will-need-surgery-after-the-season/

^ That's big right there.

So his trade value is zero, since we'll just cut him anyway. Teams know that and will just wait it out.
We need Jimmy for a playoff run. That's becoming more and more apparent.
My Lord!! Lance is just terrible...

Will Jimmy be able to play in 2 weeks?
Originally posted by golfish:

Nope. That injury could take a month or two.
Get well soon Jimmy. Seriously. As soon as possible
Originally posted by 9erson3:
You will not see Jimmy play another 9er game. Hard to believe it's over.

Oh no? The way I see it. If he's healthy next week he'll play against the Rams

Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Who are YOU? Dr. FALSI????🙄
Originally posted by NinerJeff:

Oh god,take your maga crap to the PL at least.
Originally posted by NinerJeff:

Even if Falsi.

You are so wrong

Hes starting next week. Stay tuned for more drama
Share 49ersWebzone