There are 167 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I htink Jimmy gives us the best chance to win if he's healthy. Lance is holding on to the ball too long and if he's playing a team with a decent pass rush they will eat him alive.

Nothing against Lance. Very happy with what i saw yesterday.

Yes but if Jimmy throws a pick we lose. All season it's been that way. "Jimmy is good, but can't cover his sins." Greg Olsen

trey won despite throwing a pick. Yes I know who we played. But we have lost to teams similar

it was the texans though i think they're offense averaged less than 4 yards/play. Things couldve gone very differently if it was a different team
I htink Jimmy gives us the best chance to win if he's healthy. Lance is holding on to the ball too long and if he's playing a team with a decent pass rush they will eat him alive.

Yes but if Jimmy throws a pick we lose. All season it's been that way. "Jimmy is good, but can't cover his sins." Greg Olsen

trey won despite throwing a pick. Yes I know who we played. But we have lost to teams similar

The "who we played" card is being played because it gets done for Jimmy.

JAX, DET, CHI, were all, "but look who we played".

Either way, he played well and that's a positive thing.

I'm supporting whoever Kyle puts under center because he knows who gives our offense the best chance to succeed. Not fans on a forum who made up their mind last April
Where do you think he signs with this offseason? Where would he be most successful?
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Where do you think he signs with this offseason? Where would he be most successful?

Saints would be the best fit, but not sure if we want to send him there.

Pittsburgh or Denver

Notables
Giants
Carolina
Raiders
Minnesota (I heard may be looking to get rid of Kirk)
Browns
Saints(no cap)
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Jan 3, 2022 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

49ers likely have no say in it. Teams are going to call their bluff and they will be forced to cut him.
Dude probably had surgery this week. I'd be shocked if he could even grip a football, let alone play at a high level.

Saints still have a ton of cap problems. It'll be if they can swing it. Which not sure after thr T. Hill contract.

Denver, PITT, WAS, CAR all are possibilities since they are a solid qb away from being playoff contenders next year.

SEA, NYG, TB, CLE, ATL are all intriguing options depending on what happens with their qb's Jimmy G has a 24 mil lower cap figure than Matt Ryan next year.

49ers likely have no say in it. Teams are going to call their bluff and they will be forced to cut him.

Well 49ers certainly have incentive to trade.

If you're the Steelers or Panthers sure you could just sit on your hands and do nothing. You could also read the next day in the paper that the Broncos just acquired JG for a third round pick and fifth round pick. You then sign Andy Dalton and put Andy Dalton QB1 on your Twitter timeline. This is known as taking an L and when it comes to NFL QB as a GM if you take an L at QB you are unemployed.

So GMs certainly have incentive to get a real QB and win now to save their hides. All parties have an incentive to trade which is why it will happen.

False....a trade means you 100% own the rights to a QB.

Waiting for him to be cut means you compete against every other team to sign him. You think a GM risks his entire roster on being the potential winner of a QB bidding war which could be after the draft?

This played out with Sam Darnold last year (CAR moved before the draft to secure his rights)
This played out with Alex Smith when he left KC and SF

Highly doubtful. There are enough qb needy teams and a bad draft class that there would be a bidding war. Just think, a few years ago guys like Mike Glennon and Brock Osweiler got near top of the league contracts(at the time) under similar circumstances.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Highly doubtful. There are enough qb needy teams and a bad draft class that there would be a bidding war. Just think, a few years ago guys like Mike Glennon and Brock Osweiler got near top of the league contracts(at the time) under similar circumstances.

steelers are my guess.

They are a QB away from easily being a playoff team
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dude probably had surgery this week. I'd be shocked if he could even grip a football, let alone play at a high level.

Surgery or not, it doesn't feel even a little bit likely that Jimmy will be back for the Rams game or even any potential wildcard game.

This talk about Jimmy potentially returning for the Rams game isn't any different from the talk we heard last week about them believing he'd be able to play against the Texans.

I dont get this narrative. Jimmy has covered his sins more than once... dont remember the stat but isnt he ridiculous on drives after an int.? or at least he was in the past. It's not always on Jimmy having to cover his sins when our secondary is basically a charity case for anyone who wants to toss it up towards Norman. I really dont care about who the QB is, both have their pros and cons... trying to get into it on this board just throws you into a "camp" and then you get labeled as a hater or nuthugger.

But lezbehonest, JG is gonna sh*t the bed 1 out of every 3-4 games... we havent even seen enough of Lance to know what his rate of sh*tting the bed will be haha... but this secondary has sh*t the bed almost every game and gotten bailed out in our wins or joined in with special teams for being the reason of at least half of the losses. WTF throws are gonna be apart of both the QBs on this team, regardless of the name on the back of the jersey.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by jonnydel:

steelers are my guess.

They are a QB away from easily being a playoff team

i think him on the Steelers would be a good fit. Steelers don't need a top tier QB to be serious contenders.
Share 49ersWebzone