LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 147 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Jimmy is so underrated for his clutch was. Look at Rogers better numbers but not clutch when it counted. We will only appreciate him when he leaves!!
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by Furlow:
"Almost interceptions"

Have you not seen every single game this season he does that all the time it's just were lucky the corner back doesn't react properly doesn't do his job properly. He threw two lobs, That should've been picked off just like the announcers said. Luckily they didn't do their job. Bottom line is is if Trey Lance reaches a half as potential we will be unstoppable with the team we have

Dude we won the game, we're in the NFCCG, and you're mad. Let that sink in. Lol
Originally posted by dj43:
My point is you can't compare the two because you can have a decent team and Rodgers will still win. You can't have a decent team and Jimmy will still win. You can't put the game on Jimmy shoulders like you can Rogers. Jimmy is only successful and will only be successful with an elite running game in elite defense that was my point.

Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

We are winning with Jimmy G and that means this is the best team of the league by far.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG

Damn I actually forgot about all of those things. Oh yeah because we won and I'm happy and I'm a FAN of the Niners. Why do people dwell on negativity? (Not you, I know why you're posting this)
"Almost interceptions"

Have you not seen every single game this season he does that all the time it's just were lucky the corner back doesn't react properly doesn't do his job properly. He threw two lobs, That should've been picked off just like the announcers said. Luckily they didn't do their job. Bottom line is is if Trey Lance reaches a half as potential we will be unstoppable with the team we have

fan49
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
"Almost interceptions"

This!!!!!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

Way to be a smarty-pants I would've said it another way but I don't feel like getting banned lol. Obviously it was the opposite tonight but 99.9% of the time Rodgers can win with a decent team and has been doing that forever. Jimmy can only win with an elite defense in an elite running game that is a fact it is not questionable not because I said it. Because Jimmy has only one with that. Jimmy and it's obvious by his place you cannot put them in a game where he's throwing 30+ passage to win a game. With a half ass defense.
Originally posted by cortana49:
My point is you can't compare the two because you can have a decent team and Rodgers will still win. You can't have a decent team and Jimmy will still win. You can't put the game on Jimmy shoulders like you can Rogers. Jimmy is only successful and will only be successful with an elite running game in elite defense that was my point.

I think fan is coming at us from an alternate reality in which the 49ers lost that's the only explanation

This is from the forum the Packers fan who was floating around was from.....
Another response just a few down, "if Jimmy G was our qb, maybe we'd be moving on"

These are Packers fans....

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
"Almost interceptions"

This!!!!!

Nobody's mad at the Win! Half of the board is mad that everybody's giving Jimmy Garoppolo credit for the wins. When he is obviously one of the weakest links on our team. He is a decent starter that's it. I can't wait till we get a good quarterback like if Trey reaches half his potential we will be unstoppable with this team. I'm excited about possibly winning the Super Bowl I'm excited about Trey Lance taking over next year I'm happy about where we are at as a team. All we need to be unstoppable is a legit corner another right guard and trey Lance to reach half as potential and we will have the next decade
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The Kittle INT he read it correct Kittle wide open recall JG was getting rushed had to escape pocket. Football is a team game clean pocket it's a TD. The line didn't hold up and he escaped rush but it cost him a sec and by then Kittle no longer open.

Oh well you play to WIN and JG wins in winning time he made the plays as did the team it's a team sport. If your point is Rodgers is better than JG that goes without saying we know he's had a great career and he walked off with the loss

With all that said I truly believe 15 to 20 quarterbacks could do it Jimmy does with our offense. That's why I have high hopes for Trey Lance if he reaches half of his potential we as a team will pretty much be unstoppable

I'm also hopeful for Trey when he comes in...
But there's something to be said about Jimmy's leadership and intangibles. Yes, he makes some derpy interceptions, and that's certainly one of his downfalls, but he makes some very timely throws as well. Let's not discount some of those throws he made. In that game-winning drive, Jimmy made two on the-money throws to Kittle and Deebo.

I have no doubt in my mind that QBs can succeed in this offense. In this same offense, Nick Mullens actually put up historically good numbers for a young player. Yet we lost with him when we started. And somehow, when Jimmy starts... we win more than we lose. I don't know why, but it's a fact. Shanahan's win percentage is drastically different with Jimmy vs. Beathard/Mullens.

A QB in a similar situation where he's not the focal point of the offense, Ryan Tannehill, lost today, throwing 3 INT's in a game where they lost by 3.
Originally posted by jonnydel:
This is from the forum the Packers fan who was floating around was from.....
Another response just a few down, "if Jimmy G was our qb, maybe we'd be moving on"

These are Packers fans....

It's good to know that we're not the only fans prone to saying dumb s**t after their team loses.
Jimmy made the throws that rodgers couldn't at the end.. clutch!! another game winning drive my Jimmy!!
Share 49ersWebzone