LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 163 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonnydel:
This is from the forum the Packers fan who was floating around was from.....
Another response just a few down, "if Jimmy G was our qb, maybe we'd be moving on"

These are Packers fans....

We need to get fan49 and Afrikan and some others into that forum and see what happens.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm also hopeful for Trey when he comes in...
But there's something to be said about Jimmy's leadership and intangibles. Yes, he makes some derpy interceptions, and that's certainly one of his downfalls, but he makes some very timely throws as well. Let's not discount some of those throws he made. In that game-winning drive, Jimmy made two on the-money throws to Kittle and Deebo.

I have no doubt in my mind that QBs can succeed in this offense. In this same offense, Nick Mullens actually put up historically good numbers for a young player. Yet we lost with him when we started. And somehow, when Jimmy starts... we win more than we lose. I don't know why, but it's a fact. Shanahan's win percentage is drastically different with Jimmy vs. Beathard/Mullens.

A QB in a similar situation where he's not the focal point of the offense, Ryan Tannehill, lost today, throwing 3 INT's in a game where they lost by 3.

What do you mean you don't know why it's because Beathard in Mullins were the other quarterbacks lol
JG with the black jacket black shirt gold chain in postgame SWAGGIN

f the packers
Originally posted by fan49:
Way to be a smarty-pants I would've said it another way but I don't feel like getting banned lol. Obviously it was the opposite tonight but 99.9% of the time Rodgers can win with a decent team and has been doing that forever. Jimmy can only win with an elite defense in an elite running game that is a fact it is not questionable not because I said it. Because Jimmy has only one with that. Jimmy and it's obvious by his place you cannot put them in a game where he's throwing 30+ passage to win a game. With a half ass defense.

Jimmy won 5 games in a row in 2017 without an elite running game and elite defense.

How many in 2020. Don't tell me either was elite with all the injuries.

You're not proving anything. Of course the team wins more when they're healthy.
Originally posted by dj43:
Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

Way to be a smarty-pants I would've said it another way but I don't feel like getting banned lol. Obviously it was the opposite tonight but 99.9% of the time Rodgers can win with a decent team and has been doing that forever. Jimmy can only win with an elite defense in an elite running game that is a fact it is not questionable not because I said it. Because Jimmy has only one with that. Jimmy and it's obvious by his place you cannot put them in a game where he's throwing 30+ passage to win a game. With a half ass defense.

Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Furlow:
"Almost interceptions"

Have you not seen every single game this season he does that all the time it's just were lucky the corner back doesn't react properly doesn't do his job properly. He threw two lobs, That should've been picked off just like the announcers said. Luckily they didn't do their job. Bottom line is is if Trey Lance reaches a half as potential we will be unstoppable with the team we have

Dude we won the game, we're in the NFCCG, and you're mad. Let that sink in. Lol

This!!!!!

Nobody's mad at the Win! Half of the board is mad that everybody's giving Jimmy Garoppolo credit for the wins. When he is obviously one of the weakest links on our team. He is a decent starter that's it. I can't wait till we get a good quarterback like if Trey reaches half his potential we will be unstoppable with this team. I'm excited about possibly winning the Super Bowl I'm excited about Trey Lance taking over next year I'm happy about where we are at as a team. All we need to be unstoppable is a legit corner another right guard and trey Lance to reach half as potential and we will have the next decade
I'm pretty sure half of it is tongue in cheek. Everyone knows he didn't have a great game, he doesn't get the credit... but hey, Jimmy wins.

See how I did that?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Let me make this clear to everyone who thinks I am mad about today's win LMAO. I'm extremely happy we won today! I'm extremely happy we might win the Super Bowl. I'm extremely happy that we have a young rookie who might reaches potential. And if you only riches half as potential with the type of team we have we will still be unstoppable probably for the next decade I'm excited about the future of the 49ers I'm excited about this year
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 22, 2022 at 9:43 PM ]
Well, it didn't work that way tonight. In fact, the opposite was the case tonight.

Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

Plus Rodgers with 0 TDs in 60 mins yet it's our QB that sucks
Maybe the weather played a role for both sides, uh, maybe... just a thought..
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
Jimmy made the throws that rodgers couldn't at the end.. clutch!! another game winning drive my Jimmy!!

Jimmy Clutch
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Let's
[ Edited by fan49 on Jan 22, 2022 at 9:45 PM ]

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
Jimmy made the throws that rodgers couldn't at the end.. clutch!! another game winning drive my Jimmy!!

Clutch!

Anyone else notice how inaccurate Rodgers was tonight? Adams was having to dig balls off the turf, which completely killed opportunities for YAC.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Let me make this clear to everyone who thinks I am mad about today's win LMAO. I'm extremely happy we won today! I'm extremely happy we might win the Super Bowl. I'm extremely happy that we have a young rookie who might reaches potential. And if you only riches half as potential with the type of team we have we will still be unstoppable probably for the next decade I'm excited about the future of the 49ers I'm excited about this year

Right....

Yeah Jimmy is playing his ass off and giving a lot of reasons not to let him go. And at the same time making his stock go up.
Guy just won in Green Bay and walked off the field saying eff the packers. All haters now converted to JG supporters i mean if anything is gonna do it that would be it.

That's my quarterback 😢
Share 49ersWebzone