LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 154 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive
find it hard to believe some team who was a border line playoff team or a Steelers like team doesn't fork over a 1st for Jimmy. He's just a winner and a team like Pittsburgh do the same with a solid d and running game. Jimmy can go to WFT and at least have that team fighting with Dallas for that division
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Did you not see the lofted stupid passes in the 2nd half? Yea his 1st 5 passes were good after that not so much. The INT was awful. He's lucky he didn't have 2 pick 6's. I have no idea how any person could watch that game and thing JG wasn't bad with out being biased. He was awful.

Packers fans want him. Guess they're biased.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG

Good post.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

These guys are unbelievable. I guess they'd be more happy if the 9ers had a losing season.

It's what people know about themselves inside that causes them to be hypercritical of professional Athletes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....

Yeah Jimmy is playing his ass off and giving a lot of reasons not to let him go. And at the same time making his stock go up.

His stock isn't going anywhere. It is it isn't going to rise or lower with any of these games. The league knows who he is just as well as we do.

Correct.

None of these games matter. If teams like him, they will offer. If they don't, they won't. Teams already decided.

Lol. So NFL GM's aren't watching the playoffs and scouting? Y'all are hilarious.
I am sitting back waiting for the Niners to restructure Jimmy to play next season. Obviously his teammates love him, he must be doing things right with audibles and callouts.... and he does seem to end up winning games. I still believe the plan is 2 years for Trey to learn and if injury happens, he will start sooner. Nothing to argue about yet but I wanted to be sure i put that bold prediction out there.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

Who's crying? We won, yet you're mad that I'm pointing out the obvious. That he's gone after this season is so locked in stone that it's not even debatable at this point. Everything that's happened the last 5 weeks has only made that more certain. Who cares though? That's an off-season thing. Right now, we should just hope this team continues this roll and then be excited to see Trey next year.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Jan 22, 2022 at 9:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

Our oline was completely destroyed the whole game. Dont put this all on jimmy. We won anyway.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Tman:
Guy just won in Green Bay and walked off the field saying eff the packers. All haters now converted to JG supporters i mean if anything is gonna do it that would be it.

That's my quarterback 😢

Regular season - wins a lot.

Playoffs - wins a lot.

WZ keeps complaining.

Media keeps complaining.

But what you can't deny is he is a big time winner.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Did you not see the lofted stupid passes in the 2nd half? Yea his 1st 5 passes were good after that not so much. The INT was awful. He's lucky he didn't have 2 pick 6's. I have no idea how any person could watch that game and thing JG wasn't bad with out being biased. He was awful.

Packers fans want him. Guess they're biased.

Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
Originally posted by 9ers4u:
Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....

Yeah Jimmy is playing his ass off and giving a lot of reasons not to let him go. And at the same time making his stock go up.

His stock isn't going anywhere. It is it isn't going to rise or lower with any of these games. The league knows who he is just as well as we do.

Correct.

None of these games matter. If teams like him, they will offer. If they don't, they won't. Teams already decided.

Agreed. It cracks me up that 49er fans go through the week-by-week exercise of predicting Jimmy's trade value based on his last game. Good NFL talent evaluators have 52 starts of footage from his time in New England and his 5 years with us. All of Jimmy's strengths and weaknesses are known and everyone has a grade decided in their head.

I think the only thing that would change his draft value is if the 49ers were to win a Super Bowl with him. And if that were to happen... that's going to make the offseason very interesting. But anyway... let's get to the NFC Championship first and see what happens. For goodness sakes, we don't even know if anyone will be alive on Sunday.
Plus Rodgers with 0 TDs in 60 mins yet it's our QB that sucks

...and Rodgers did all that with a 3rd string CB starting the game...the guy the entire WZ loves to hate.
People saying he doesn't have the killer instinct get a load of our new QB... Jimmy "Eff the Packers" G
[ Edited by 49erFaithful6 on Jan 22, 2022 at 10:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone