LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 154 users in the forums

Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Los Angeles Rams

Shop 49ers game tickets
You can't coach a QB to be clutch. Jimmy has "clutch-ness" in abundance. Let's just enjoy the win and the ride. Onwards and upwards 49ers
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.
Originally posted by Tman:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Ok, enough of this. The stat lines aren't amazing but a mediocre qb doesn't take a team drafting 2nd overall the the SB that year. Then when that team loses him for 10 games goes 3-7 in those games then back to a conference championship game. I get why people would want to move on, but my God.

3 game-winning drives against 3 of the top 8 teams in the NFL....

Sayin

Has a chance to take this team to the SB 2 out of 3 years also. He is far from perfect but the team just wins with him.

All this. Good posts.

And Jimmy's resolve is pretty special in coming back after a poor play or during adverse times in games. Guy never gives up and keeps coming at teams for all four quarters.

Go Jimmy! Go Niners!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

Who's crying? We won, yet you're mad that I'm pointing out the obvious. That he's gone after this season is so locked in stone that it's not even debatable at this point. Everything that's happened the last 5 weeks has only made that more certain. Who cares though? That's an off-season thing. Right now, we should just hope this team continues this roll and then be excited to see Trey next year.

Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Flat out awful tonight.

Wrong. Recall he was putting it on everyone. TD to Kittle oh wait he dropped it. First down Jennings oh wait he dropped it. Catch BA oh wait he fumbled it upon review he dropped it. Holding on Williams there goes a TD drive. Facemask Eli there's another TD drive. Yet no one is blasting Eli, the drops, the holding just JG who WON. Great game JG

Good post.

X2

Jimmy Clutch with another W
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
People saying he doesn't have the killer instinct get a load of our new QB... Jimmy "Eff the Packers" G

Didn't Brady say something like f**k Pittsburgh too. lol
He doesn't throw too many touchdowns.

But he wins a lot of games.

Originally posted by NABayezid:
You can't coach a QB to be clutch. Jimmy has "clutch-ness" in abundance. Let's just enjoy the win and the ride. Onwards and upwards 49ers

100%
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.

There's a reason Bill Walsh went and acquired Steve Young... Good comparison, although I know you're not saying Jimmy is Joe (obviously).
Originally posted by ubaisore:
I am sitting back waiting for the Niners to restructure Jimmy to play next season. Obviously his teammates love him, he must be doing things right with audibles and callouts.... and he does seem to end up winning games. I still believe the plan is 2 years for Trey to learn and if injury happens, he will start sooner. Nothing to argue about yet but I wanted to be sure i put that bold prediction out there.

I'll be very surprised if Jimmy gets restructured.
They went into this season with the general plan that we're going to give it one last shot this season with Jimmy as starting QB, Trey will be backup this year, and then we'll give Trey the keys next year and trade Jimmy.

I don't see Jimmy staying another year unless he wins the Super Bowl... and if he wins it, that changes things. If that happens, now he's a starting-level QB that can win you a Super Bowl. You don't ask that guy to restructure his deal and ask him to take a pay cut. You don't sign him to a one/two-year deal while Trey waits in the wings. If Jimmy wins you the Super Bowl and you want him for another year, you commit to him.

Originally posted by Furlow:
Each week, he's doing just enough to win while also validating the decision to get rid of him.

cry more

Who's crying? We won, yet you're mad that I'm pointing out the obvious. That he's gone after this season is so locked in stone that it's not even debatable at this point. Everything that's happened the last 5 weeks has only made that more certain. Who cares though? That's an off-season thing. Right now, we should just hope this team continues this roll and then be excited to see Trey next year.

Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.

Exactly... That game may not be the greatest but it's a 9er classic imo. I don't understand how they could be so angry.

cry more

I'm more just puzzled that there is this rush to give 100% of the credit to one guy after we win when this was the ultimate team effort. We didn't even score an offensive TD. I'll say again, I credit Jimmy for making two clutch throws at the end, but this was a great effort by the team, and mostly the defense and ST (surprisingly).

cry more

who cares though? you apparently, you cant stop talking him down after we win. we all know jimmy is gone after this season so just enjoy the ride. but you cant because he lives rent free in your head. its unreal how pathetic you guys look.
All you really have to ask yourself is this...

Do you miss Hoyer or Beathard or Mullens?

Jimmy keeps this up and he will have more playoff game winning drives than.....Young and Montana

this
Share 49ersWebzone