Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ninerforever:
Jimmy is coming back next year!!!

lol nah, but i hope he leaves here a champ
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.

This is so well said!! it's a sad thing for some of these so called Niner fans.

Maybe they are younger fans or something? I don't know, it's mind blowing to me. I'm old enough to have grown up during the 80's and 90's glory years. Some very emotional and historic playoff games versus the Cowboys and Packers. And this season we go on the road in back to back weeks and beat them both in the final moments of the game? After beating the Rams on the road to even get in?? It's like a dream, the nostalgia is palpable.

Like I said, this is a very special team in a nontraditional way. Blue collar. Ugly. Bunch of tough gamers grinding it out and winning the war of attrition on a week to week basis. Truly inspiring, and Jimmy is a big part of that. Shame that some are missing out.

He may do that.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.

I don't want this post to take things down the rabbit hole, but Garoppolo has nearly the same TD/INT ratio. That was because Joe had the same tendency to make some throws at times.

Now back to the main topic.

Yes back to the main topic, lol, but Joe's playoff stats are:

63% Comp, 5800 yards, 45 TDs, 21 INTs w/a 95.6 passer rating

Now carry on.....
Just think all the early drops we would have jumped on em. Then killer penalties on Eli and Trent. Then the o-line is a turnstile sacks on every third down no one open. Most QBs say I guess it's just not our night and look defeated. Even Rodgers in this one had that defeated look the 2nd half. Well guess what? Jimmy G isn't most QBs. Hung in there and in winning time strike to Kittle, another strike to Deebo, a few plays later, BALL GAME.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Despite a terrible performance from Jimmy after those three putrid drops from Kittle, Jennings, and Aiyuk which which him no favors on getting into a rhythm I had zero confidence in Jimmy...

Until that last drive. Jimmy can be super clutch when we absolutely must have it and I thought clutch Jimmy could bail out bad Jimmy after being bailed out by that punt block TD. Won is spite of Jimmy but credit to those throws to Kittle and Deebo on the game winning fg drive

People forget that's how Joe played all the effing time. There's a reason Steve had better numbers except the playoffs. Joe would play meh for 3 quarters then become the GOAT in crunch time.

I'm not saying Jimmy is Joe, but in 2019 and this season he's had 7 game-winning drives and 10 total with the team. We ain't done yet and 28 other qb's are gonna be watching the game and/or golfing next week.

I don't want this post to take things down the rabbit hole, but Garoppolo has nearly the same TD/INT ratio. That was because Joe had the same tendency to make some throws at times.

Now carry on.....

So glad you're here to completely miss the point.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

if we win it all:

Absolutely. He would be the best back up in the league.

Now carry on.....

There is zero point.
Jimmy has had 2 healthy seasons here and has took us to the NFCC in each one. Today's game wasn't great but he made throws that got us into position to win it. That was in terrible weather, under pressure, and with a lot of drops.

Folks saying we need to trade him for cap reasons...well I'm not sure you trade your clutch time QB for some cap savings.

At this point, and especially if we win next week.....I don't think they can trade JG unless somebody makes a crazy offer.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Quite a few of you are very vocal about how badly you want him gone, and immediately after some iconic Niners wins. Y'all are missing a great ride because you're blinded by irrational hatred.

this

Man I want him to win the Super Bowl.

I mean I want us to win. But I want him to win. He doesn't even have to play out of his mind. Just play well enough.

Actually, he can have a so so game but lead a game winning drive at the end. That would actually be kind of vintage Jimmy.

Because, the reality is, bad plays and bad throws and all the vast majority of the time when we've needed him to come through he has. Yeah, sometimes because he messed up earlier in the game and you don't want that either. But when the chips are down and it's do or drive Jimmy typically comes through with a scoring drive of some sort.

But he just has that overthrow in the Super Bowl hanging over his head with this fan base and to a lesser extent around the league. And even that wasn't all on him, even though those irrational haters want to say it is. It was a perfect storm of everything. Blown coverages, no interior pass protection or ability to block Chris Jones, no holding called on KC's line, and yeah Jimmy's overthrow.

It's not about being a fan of his or wanting him to stay. It's just acknowledging that he is a tough minded sob and great leader for the team and it sends him out on a high note and gets us Lombardi #6 as a bonus.

Jimmy through all his faults is f**kin $ most days on that last drive. Dude I wish this guy nothing but love going forward to his next destination! "f**k the Packers" Jimmy G 2022 Go Niners!
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Jimmy has had 2 healthy seasons here and has took us to the NFCC in each one. Today's game wasn't great but he made throws that got us into position to win it. That was in terrible weather, under pressure, and with a lot of drops.

Folks saying we need to trade him for cap reasons...well I'm not sure you trade your clutch time QB for some cap savings.

At this point, and especially if we win next week.....I don't think they can trade JG unless somebody makes a crazy offer.

He's had 1 healthy season here. He's not healthy right now.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Now carry on.....

There is zero point.

Yes, there is a point...and it is that even if they make multiple mistakes earlier in the game, good QBs make plays when the game is on the line to help their team win.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Just think all the early drops we would have jumped on em. Then killer penalties on Eli and Trent. Then the o-line is a turnstile sacks on every third down no one open. Most QBs say I guess it's just not our night and look defeated. Even Rodgers in this one had that defeated look the 2nd half. Well guess what? Jimmy G isn't most QBs. Hung in there and in winning time strike to Kittle, another strike to Deebo, a few plays later, BALL GAME.

Yup, he has that never say Die mentality that a lot of other legendary QB's had. Maybe he doesn't have the arm or the legs of our legends, but he does win like them. Gotta hand it to Jimmy for just keeping on playing even though it looked very tough out there.

He failed 3x vs the Chiefs and didn't bring home the trophy.

That was where I jumped off the Jimmy bandwagon.

But can redeem himself if he wins the next two games and is a strong reason why we win.

Let's see.
Share 49ersWebzone